• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I am an Ahmadi Muslim?

David1967

Premium Member
A true pacifist will not fight, even in self defense. There are groups like that in the USA. The Amish are a good example of pacifists.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
A true pacifist will not fight, even in self defense. There are groups like that in the USA. The Amish are a good example of pacifists.
I don't know much about the Amish.
We live normal life and socialize with others in every part of the world. We don't live in isolation.
If somebody enters our house ( a private abode) with an intention to harm the women, and the government does not come to rescue then within our abode we would fight fiercely to save the women and children. Similarly if somebody enters our mosque with the same intention and the law does not come to our rescue we would retaliate. Similarly our members in their own discretion in whatever country/state they live in, they could join the armed forces and defend their homeland, whatever it is, and in case of war would defend their homeland.
Does this help? Please
Regards

David1967

Premium Member
I don't know much about the Amish.
We live normal life and socialize with others in every part of the world. We don't live in isolation.
If somebody enters our house ( a private abode) with an intention to harm the women, and the government does not come to rescue then within our abode we would fight fiercely to save the women and children. Similarly if somebody enters our mosque with the same intention and the law does not come to our rescue we would retaliate. Similarly our members in their own discretion in whatever country/state they live in, they could join the armed forces and defend their homeland, whatever it is, and in case of war would defend their homeland.
Does this help? Please
Regards

Thank you. Yes that explains your position.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Good day paarsurrey. I have read that the Ahmadi's renounce all forms of violence. With that being said (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Are the Ahmadi's considered pacifist?
Every person who enters our Jama`at/community has to give a pledge/covenant of allegiance in the form of ten-condition of Bai`at or initiation, prescribed/written by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad in 1889, the Fourth condition of it reads like thus:

Condition IV
That under the impulse of any passions, he/she shall cause no harm whatsoever to the creatures of Allah in general, and Muslims in particular, neither by his/her tongue nor by his/her hands nor by any other means.

http://www.alislam.org/apps/cob/webapp/
Regards

David1967

Premium Member
Every person who enters our Jama`at/community has to give a pledge/covenant of allegiance in the form of ten-condition of Bai`at or initiation, prescribed/written by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad in 1889, the Fourth condition of it reads like thus:

Condition IV
That under the impulse of any passions, he/she shall cause no harm whatsoever to the creatures of Allah in general, and Muslims in particular, neither by his/her tongue nor by his/her hands nor by any other means.

Regards

Very good rule to live by.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

Condition IV

Regards

Do they also have to pledge to or recite the five pillars of Islam?

The Emperor of Mankind

Does one find any of the pillars in?:
Condition I
That he/she shall abstain from Shirk (association of any partner with God) right up to the day of his/her death.
Regards

I only find the fifth pillar; prayer in there. I don't find the complete shahada (no mention of Muhammad) and the other three aren't there at all as far as I can tell.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Do they also have to pledge to or recite the five pillars of Islam?

Peace be on you.....for ease lets start from basics:
A= Lines from The Declaration of Initiation Page:

"In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Ever-Merciful

Declaration of Initiation
Please send your signed Bai'at form (declaration of Initiation) as soon as possible to your respective National Headquarter or local mission house..........."
Ref: https://www.alislam.org/introduction/initiation.html

B= This Form says:
C= The Form has:
Conditions of Bai'at
and

Declaration of Initiation, its image is:
declaration.gif

Ref: https://www.alislam.org/introduction/declaration.gif
also in https://www.alislam.org/introduction/declaration.pdf

Here one can see the Shahadah.

D=Conditions of Bai'at is full explanation about the whole program of revival.
In full it is read as:

The initiate shall solemnly promise:

I That he/she shall abstain from Shirk (association of any partner with God) right up to the day of his/her death.

II That he/she shall keep away from falsehood, fornication, adultery, trespasses of the eye, debauchery, dissipation, cruelty, dishonesty, mischief and rebellion; and will not permit himself/herself to be carried away by passions, however strong they might be.

III That he/she shall regularly offer the five daily prayers in accordance with the commandments of God and the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); and shall try his/her best to be regular in offering the Tahajud (pre-dawn supererogatory prayers) and invoking Darood (blessings) on the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); that he/she shall make it his/her daily routine to ask forgiveness for his/her sins, to remember the bounties of God and to praise and glorify Him.

IV That under the impulse of any passions, he/she shall cause no harm whatsoever to the creatures of Allah in general, and Muslims in particular, neither by his/her tongue nor by his/her hands nor by any other means.

V That he/she shall remain faithful to God in all circumstances of life, in sorrow and happiness, adversity and prosperity, in felicity and trial; and shall in all conditions remain resigned to the decree of Allah and keep himself/herself ready to face all kinds of indignities and sufferings in His way and shall never turn away from it at the onslaught of any misfortune; on the contrary, he/she shall march forward.

VI That he/she shall refrain from following un-islamic customs and lustful inclinations, and shall completely submit himself/herself to the authority of the Holy Quran; and shall make the Word of God and the Sayings of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) the guiding principle in every walk of his/her life.

VII That he/she shall entirely give up pride and vanity and shall pass all his/her life in humbleness, cheerfulness, forbearance and meekness.

VIII That he/she shall hold faith, the honor of faith, and the cause of Islam dearer to him/her than his/her life, wealth, honor, children and all other dear ones.

IX That he/she shall keep himself/herself occupied in the service of God's creatures for His sake only; and shall endeavor to benefit mankind to the best of his/her God-given abilities and powers.

X That he/she shall enter into a bond of brotherhood with this humble servant of God, pledging obedience to me in everything good, for the sake of Allah, and remain faithful to it till the day of his/her death; that he/she shall exert such a high devotion in the observance of this bond as is not to be found in any other worldly relationship and connections demanding devoted dutifulness.
Ref: https://www.alislam.org/introduction/conditions.html

The VI th condition contains all true Islam [5 pillars of Islam and 6 articles of faith automatically included]*......Other conditions stress on certain issues which need special mention.

*Proofs:
The Ahmadiyya Promised Messiah Mahdi (on whom be peace) wrote:
"
The five pillars of Islam constitute our Creed. The Revelation of God viz., the Quran which we are commanded to hold firmly on, that indeed we hold firmly on. God be pleased with Umar: Like him we have the words 'sufficient unto us is the Book of God' constantly on our lips. In case of conflict and disagreement between the Hadith and the Quran we follow Hazrat Ayesha (God be pleased with her) and choose the Quran, especially in the historical texts treated by all schools as above abrogation. And we believe that there is no deity, no one worthy of worship, but only Almighty Allah that our Master Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa (peace and blessings of God be upon him), is His Rasul and Khatamal-Anbiya. And we believe that angels exist, that the resurrection of bodies after death is true, that the Day of Reckoning is also true, that Djanna[h] and Gehenna are also true. We believe that every thing taught about these matters by the Holy Quran and the Holy Prophet is true. We believe that he who seeks to subtract an iota from this or to add an iota to this - the Shariah of Islam and also he who makes light of the statutes and practices of Islam is devoid of belief, a denier of Islam. We counsel our Jamaat to put true and sincere faith in the Holy Kalima, La Illaha Ill-Allah, Muhammad al-Rasul-Allah, to live and die by it, also to believe in all prophets and in all books, the truth of which is sanctioned by the Quran; to observe in letter and in spirit the Fasts, Prayers, Zakat and Pilgrimage and all prescriptions and prohibitions laid down by Almighty Allah and His Prophet. We counsel them in short that their belief should include all beliefs and all rules of conduct agreed upon unanimously by early Muslims, that is, all matters accepted as part of Islam by the consensus of Ahl-i-Sunna. There is no option. And we hold heaven and earth as witness that this is our creed and this is our faith.
(Ayyamal Sulh pg. 86-87)
Ref: https://www.alislam.org/library/pm-bl.html

Moreover
6 Articles of faith - page 314
5 Pillars of Islam - page 322

@ https://www.alislam.org/library/books/BasicsReligiousEducation.pdf

Thus in short at the time of Bai'at:
1= Shahadah is said twice in the beginning.
2= The explicit mention of 10-conditions is made, which require from one to believe in authority of Quran and Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h.).
3= Five Pillars and all other so many details are not possible to repeat but all these creed are understood and included as the proofs-section proved.

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

The initiate shall solemnly promise:

I That he/she shall abstain from Shirk (association of any partner with God) right up to the day of his/her death.

II That he/she shall keep away from falsehood, fornication, adultery, trespasses of the eye, debauchery, dissipation, cruelty, dishonesty, mischief and rebellion; and will not permit himself/herself to be carried away by passions, however strong they might be.

III That he/she shall regularly offer the five daily prayers in accordance with the commandments of God and the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); and shall try his/her best to be regular in offering the Tahajud (pre-dawn supererogatory prayers) and invoking Darood (blessings) on the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); that he/she shall make it his/her daily routine to ask forgiveness for his/her sins, to remember the bounties of God and to praise and glorify Him.

IV That under the impulse of any passions, he/she shall cause no harm whatsoever to the creatures of Allah in general, and Muslims in particular, neither by his/her tongue nor by his/her hands nor by any other means.

V That he/she shall remain faithful to God in all circumstances of life, in sorrow and happiness, adversity and prosperity, in felicity and trial; and shall in all conditions remain resigned to the decree of Allah and keep himself/herself ready to face all kinds of indignities and sufferings in His way and shall never turn away from it at the onslaught of any misfortune; on the contrary, he/she shall march forward.

VI That he/she shall refrain from following un-islamic customs and lustful inclinations, and shall completely submit himself/herself to the authority of the Holy Quran; and shall make the Word of God and the Sayings of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) the guiding principle in every walk of his/her life.

VII That he/she shall entirely give up pride and vanity and shall pass all his/her life in humbleness, cheerfulness, forbearance and meekness.

VIII That he/she shall hold faith, the honor of faith, and the cause of Islam dearer to him/her than his/her life, wealth, honor, children and all other dear ones.

IX That he/she shall keep himself/herself occupied in the service of God's creatures for His sake only; and shall endeavor to benefit mankind to the best of his/her God-given abilities and powers.

X That he/she shall enter into a bond of brotherhood with this humble servant of God, pledging obedience to me in everything good, for the sake of Allah, and remain faithful to it till the day of his/her death; that he/she shall exert such a high devotion in the observance of this bond as is not to be found in any other worldly relationship and connections demanding devoted dutifulness.
Ref: https://www.alislam.org/introduction/conditions.html

The VI th condition contains all true Islam [5 pillars of Islam and 6 articles of faith automatically included]*......Other conditions stress on certain issues which need special mention.

Actually, the sixth condition doesn't contain all 5 pillars. 'Prayer' is only mentioned in condition three. Further, if you respect the words of Muhammad why do you ignore his claim that there will be no further prophets after him by proclaiming your sect's founder a prophet of God?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Actually, the sixth condition doesn't contain all 5 pillars. 'Prayer' is only mentioned in condition three. Further, if you respect the words of Muhammad why do you ignore his claim that there will be no further prophets after him by proclaiming your sect's founder a prophet of God?
Please see, i wrote:
" The VI th condition contains all true Islam [5 pillars of Islam and 6 articles of faith automatically included]*......Other conditions stress on certain issues which need special mention."

Based on Holy Quran and sayings of Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), Ahmadis believe:
Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is
= Chief of all Prophets.
= He (pbuh) is Last-Prophet-with-Last-Shariah.
= Holy Quran is Last Book of Sharaih.
= Quran and Holy Prophet (pbuh) indicated Prophethood is a bounty and now a subservient to Holy Prophet Muhammad Prophet can come, for his service, with no new teaching.

Post # 139 @ http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...rophet-of-our-time.156374/page-7#post-4142405

Post # 36 @ http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...fter-mohammed-pbuh.168604/page-2#post-3950175

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

Please see, i wrote:
" The VI th condition contains all true Islam [5 pillars of Islam and 6 articles of faith automatically included]*......Other conditions stress on certain issues which need special mention."

If that's the case then why mention prayer separately in a condition before this one? That's redundant.

Rajina

I was born in an Ahmadi family. Yes, I am an Ahmadi Muslim not only by birth but also by conviction. One may say that I am a born again in my faith and it happened at hands of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. I never saw him but reading his books have done that. He instils love of Allah, Muhammad, Quran with signs, reasons as reason could take one to, and believing Word of Revelation that takes one beyond all that.

Regards
Assalam alaikum.. I have a doubt.. There are lots of saheeh hadeeths about dajjal, Imam Mahdi, return of son of Maryam(as) and the end times. Does Ahmadis reject those hadeeths or do you have a different interpretation from that of the mainstream Muslims? For example hadeeths which say Isa alaihissalam would rule the world with justice, during his rule wealth would be equally distributed, world would be in Peace, isa alaihissalam would destroy dajjal etc.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Assalam alaikum.. I have a doubt.. There are lots of saheeh hadeeths about dajjal, Imam Mahdi, return of son of Maryam(as) and the end times. Does Ahmadis reject those hadeeths or do you have a different interpretation from that of the mainstream Muslims? For example hadeeths which say Isa alaihissalam would rule the world with justice, during his rule wealth would be equally distributed, world would be in Peace, isa alaihissalam would destroy dajjal etc.
First we discuss the first point in your post about "Dajjal" . One may like to enjoy to the following video:

Regards
P.S. Do you understand Urdu.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Next we discuss about coming of Imam Mahdi and Ibne-Maryam that is to come in the Ummah of Muhammad:
Why the Imam Madhi was given the name of Isa-ibn-Maryam and Masih-e-Maud?

Does it help? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The condition of Bai`at or covenant of allegiance or initiation to Ahmadiyya are essence of the truthful religion. These are positive in service of G-d and positive in service of humanity and excel all other religions or ideologies or world views in this respect. That is one strong reason I am an Ahmadi Muslim.
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Does one find any of the pillars in?:
Condition I
That he/she shall abstain from Shirk (association of any partner with God) right up to the day of his/her death.
Regards
I understand by abstinance from any partner with God you mean that an Ahmadi Muslim is expected to be strictly monotheistic? Perhaps also that he recognizes the authority of the One God as supreme and decisive in all circunstances?