• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I am a good proof that there is a God

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe first and foremost God is real because He abides in me.

My testimony to that affect should be enough but people need to know there are discernable affects that indicate god is present.

1. God speaks to me.
2. God gives me dreams and visons.
3. God heals my diseases.
4. God keeps me from sin.
5. God helps me to understand scripture
6. God speaks through me.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

My testimony to that affect should be enough but people need to know there are discernable affects that indicate god is present.

1. God speaks to me.

None of these requires the existence of a God. Only the subconscious creation of an anonymous entity in our head.
Unfortunately our experiences of reality is subjective and can't be relied on as objective.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You're assuming the conclusion. How do you know a God exists to abide in you?

1. God speaks to me.
How do you know it's God doing this?

Last edited:

Orbit

I'm a planet

1. God speaks to me.

It's not proof, it's just a set of assertions. Believe whatever makes you happy, but don't call this proof.

Altfish

Veteran Member

1. God speaks to me.
As has already been stated, how do you know it is god?
It could be Elvis, in which case most people would call you mad.

I see you have given up on doctors and medicine - good luck with that.

Sheldon

Veteran Member

Ok, but without wishing to be offensive, do you understand that this is just a bare claim, and has no objective difference to me claiming I've seen a mermaid?

Would you think me claiming I've seen a mermaid was enough for you to accept mermaids are real?

1. God speaks to me.

1. Mermaids speak to me.
2. Mermaids give me dreams and visions.
3, Mermaids heal my diseases.
4. Mermaids keep me from sin.
5. Mermaids help me see how people misinterpret scripture.
6, Mermaid speak through me.

It's easy to reel off unevidenced claims. How are mine any less credible than yours?

My apologies if this is a little too direct, or insensitive, but I assume when someone comes to a public debate forum, they are content to have critical feedback on their claims.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

1. God speaks to me.
1. The Bible says no one has heard the voice of God.
2. Many people have dreams. Any proof they come from God?
3. Maybe doctors deserve some of the credit.
4. The Bible says ALL have sinned. I think this includes you.
5. Proof it is God speaking?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm always perplexed by the need people have to prove God exists. I'm not sure whom they are trying to convince of his existence... themselves or others. Conversely it perplexes me why people need to disprove the existence of the [form of] God someone else believes in, in favor of their own. :shrug:

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Even if this was proof for God, it's not proof that it's your God. Like others have said, what if it's Krishna? Or Shiva? Or Kali? You can say they are false Gods, but what makes them any more real or fake than your God?

Suave

Simulated character

1. God speaks to me.

The reason why you are good proof there is a God, is because our genetic code's creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

I would not expect there to be a mathematical depiction of an Egyptian triangle stored within genetic coding if it were a naturally occurring phenomenon. The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might be related to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

You shall have no gods before the creator of the heavens and earth, life's creator!

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

1. God speaks to me.
It is certainly what you believe, but I cannot say it is evidence for the existence of God in any objective way.

1. I have no way of knowing and you have no way of showing who is speaking to you and how. Neither of us can show others that it isn't something else.

2. Again, the same. You cannot rule out seeing visions as the result of some other cause. You have no way of knowing what God has revealed to me actually happened. I have no way to show you. I cannot show you that it is not the result of mental illness, wishful thinking or some environmental cause. I can talk about it, but you do not have to believe me. It might be evidence of God, but other causes cannot be ruled out.

3. I have had several Christian friends die over the last 18 months due to Covid-19. I have no reason to believe they did not believe in God or had weak faith. I prayed for them. Couldn't God just as easily make us ill to help us grow?

4. Are you free of sin? I am not. God helps me find strength to ignore temptation. But I am weak and sometimes it is very strong temptation. Still, this only shows what you and I believe and how we apply it.

5. Presumably God does this for lots of people, but there are still millions of different personal interpretations of the Bible that can be grouped into some of 43,000 Christian denominations and sects.

6. I believe you. I believe He speaks through me too. I could be wrong for believing one or both. I cannot show my belief to be more than that.

I am glad of your belief and as a Christian I appreciate you for it and accept it. But it is not evidence for others to accept the existence of God. Many people can make the same claims about what they believe in. It cannot be evidence for all of those different beliefs.