• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I’m not atheist or agnostic.

RestlessSoul

Nothing should outshine reason. That will be falling into a abyss. :)

I disagree. Reason has it’s uses, sure. But when we allow the voice of reason to drown out the silent language of the soul, we are led only into confusion. Reason can define the abyss - but only love can lead us out of it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Alhamdulliah (Thank Allah). May he continue to shower his munificence and mercy on me - "bi-smi llāhi r-rakḥmāni r-rakḥīm" (but I do not think he will do that since I am a non-believer. He is boiling oil to pour it on my head till my brain melts). :D

Last edited:

RestlessSoul

Be certain that in the religion of Love, there are no believers nor unbelievers. Love embraces all.

-Jalal Al Din Rumi

No burning oil for you Aup.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Ella S I hope all is well...
I reply: Saint Augustine writes in his Confessions, “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in You.” Perhaps Augustine's most often quoted phrase, it captures something that resonates deep within the human person.

If that's so, then I already live my life in accordance with God, derive my virtues from him, and repent to him for my vices knowing that I cannot be perfectly virtuous.

But I don't believe in Augustine's conception of God. I would be considered a heretic.

Dogknox20

If that's so, then I already live my life in accordance with God, derive my virtues from him, and repent to him for my vices knowing that I cannot be perfectly virtuous.

But I don't believe in Augustine's conception of God. I would be considered a heretic.
Ella S good point and Question!
First all who love will enter heaven.. "Love is following the Golden Rule"! To give of yourself at your cost of "Time, Talent & Treasure" is love!
The righteous are saved.. "To do Right is being Righteous"!

24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.
&
1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
"To do Right is being Righteous" The rightious are saved "Sheep and Goats".. The Sheep are called Righteous.. The Goats have "Faith Alone"! Matthew 25!

Also.. All are sinners! No sin is allowed into heaven.. You MUST be sanctified before you can enter heaven! There are big and small sins... The small sins can be removed after you die... BUT...
Ella S
but not the big sins!

LOOK...
1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

Ella S A person dies with a small sin that does NOT lead to death...your prayers can help sanctify the person so they can enter heaven! pray and God will give them life.
THINK: A person with a small sin would NOT enter hell because they have not killed their soul they would not be a child of Satan....Your prayer will heal their wound. pray and God will give them life.
But a big sin cannot be removed by prayers alone!

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.

Ella S Jesus gave his One Holy Catholic Apostolic CHURCH built on ROCK; not on sand the AUTHORITY to remove these big sins! His Holy Church has the authority to retain sins... Arius rejected Christian teaching "Jesus IS God" they removed him as a False Teacher; they "Retained his sin"! Heretics are False TEACHERS... Not people who are ignorant of the truth!

Last edited:

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Ella S good point and Question!
First all who love will enter heaven.. "Love is following the Golden Rule"! To give of yourself at your cost of "Time, Talent & Treasure" is love!
The righteous are saved.. "To do Right is being Righteous"!

24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.
&
1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.
"To do Right is being Righteous" The rightious are saved "Sheep and Goats".. The Sheep are called Righteous.. The Goats have "Faith Alone"! Matthew 25!

Also.. All are sinners! No sin is allowed into heaven.. You MUST be sanctified before you can enter heaven! There are big and small sins... The small sins can be removed after you die... BUT...
Ella S
but not the big sins!

LOOK...
1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

Ella S A person dies with a small sin that does NOT lead to death...your prayers can help sanctify the person so they can enter heaven! pray and God will give them life.
THINK: A person with a small sin would NOT enter hell because they have not killed their soul they would not be a child of Satan....Your prayer will heal their wound. pray and God will give them life.
But a big sin cannot be removed by prayers alone!

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.
23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.

Ella S Jesus gave his One Holy Catholic Apostolic CHURCH built on ROCK; not on sand the AUTHORITY to remove these big sins! His Holy Church has the authority to retain sins... Arius rejected Christian teaching "Jesus IS God" they removed him as a False Teacher; they "Retained his sin"! Heretics are False TEACHERS... Not people who are ignorant of the truth!

Yeah, I don't believe any of that.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Ella S hello..... Question "What do you believe!?

I believe in using inductive logic to draw conclusions from premises that have evidential support from empirical observations, and that this process is a self-correcting approximation of objective truth.

I also discount any assertions of truth that aren't conducted in this fashion, making me an apistevist and leading me to believe in mathematical, ethical, aesthetic, and semantic anti-realism because I think their axioms have no evidentiary support.

In essence, I believe in evidentialism.

Dogknox20

I believe in using inductive logic to draw conclusions from premises that have evidential support from empirical observations, and that this process is a self-correcting approximation of objective truth.

I also discount any assertions of truth that aren't conducted in this fashion, making me an apistevist and leading me to believe in mathematical, ethical, aesthetic, and semantic anti-realism because I think their axioms have no evidentiary support.

In essence, I believe in evidentialism.
Ella S thankyou for your reply...

Miracles are unexplainable but they do happen! You cannot deny they happen!
Faith is unexplainable otherwise it would be "Fact"! You have Faith the sun will rise in the east tomorrow but until it does rise tomorrow it is faith!

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Ella S thankyou for your reply...

Miracles are unexplainable but they do happen! You cannot deny they happen!
Faith is unexplainable otherwise it would be "Fact"! You have Faith the sun will rise in the east tomorrow but until it does rise tomorrow it is faith!

I have observed over 400 days where the sun has risen in the east. Statistically, that means there is over a 99.5% chance that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow. That's a fact, not faith.

Dogknox20

I have observed over 400 days where the sun has risen in the east. Statistically, that means there is over a 99.5% chance that the sun will rise in the east tomorrow. That's a fact, not faith.
Ella S It's a fact the sun rises in the east.
It's a fact it rose yesterday!
Until the sun does in fact rise you have FAITH it will rise in the east!! Your faith is based on some facts!

It's a fact there are Miracles!
It's a fact there is Evil and Good found on earth!
It's a fact.. Man has ALYAYS believed in a God/gods right from the cave man up to today!
It's a fact "God/gods are spirit"! You cannot see spirit! You cannot see air, all you have to go on is what air moves!

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Ella S It's a fact the sun rises in the east.
It's a fact it rose yesterday!
Until the sun does in fact rise you have FAITH it will rise in the east!! Your faith is based on some facts!

It's a fact there are Miracles!
It's a fact there is Evil and Good found on earth!
It's a fact.. Man has ALYAYS believed in a God/gods right from the cave man up to today!
It's a fact "God/gods are spirit"! You cannot see spirit! You cannot see air, all you have to go on is what air moves!

I'm not quite sure what kind of reply you're looking for from me? The only part I agree with here is that it's a fact that the sun rose yesterday.

I don't have absolute certainty that the sun will rise tomorrow, but I know for a fact that it's highly likely thanks to the use of statistical proofs. Nonetheless, I am open to the possibility that the sun won't rise tomorrow.

I don't really know how that constitutes faith to you. I think it's quite the opposite.

Dogknox20

I'm not quite sure what kind of reply you're looking for from me? The only part I agree with here is that it's a fact that the sun rose yesterday.

I don't have absolute certainty that the sun will rise tomorrow, but I know for a fact that it's highly likely thanks to the use of statistical proofs. Nonetheless, I am open to the possibility that the sun won't rise tomorrow.

I don't really know how that constitutes faith to you. I think it's quite the opposite.

Ella S I hope all is well... Thank you for your reply!

My point is: You trust in your "Faith" everyday! You said you believe in "evidentialism"! To trust in your "Evidence" you must rely on your "Faith"!
You reject God because you need "Evidence"!?????

Ella S I am pointing out... The Evidence is there....Example... People all over the world have had "Near Death Experience"; many have seen there relatives that have died, many have found relatives they did not know they had!! Some even have had "Near Death Experience" of pure Evil approaching them, in fear they wake up with a strong desire to change their life! THINK...

Ella S think; maybe the caveman believed in an after life because of these "Near Death Experiences"! Archeologists have found graves of the Caveman with tools placed for the deceased to use in the next life! Or the Egyptians they believed in an after life! The North American Indian believed in a "Great White Spirit!" The Evidence is there!!!

Miracles are another Evidence! You cannot deny people all over the world, in every century have experienced Miracles!
Wikipedia
A miracle is an event that seems inexplicable by natural or scientific laws[2] and accordingly gets attributed to some supernatural or praeternatural cause. Various religions often attribute a phenomenon characterized as miraculous to the actions of a supernatural being, (especially) a deity, a magician, a miracle worker, a saint, or a religious leader. ETC..

Over one (1) billion Christians believe in an after Life, Over One (1) Billion Hindus never mind Buddhists and many other peoples believe in a God/gods and an after life!
etc
Ella S you are REJECTING the Evidence so much for your "evidentialism"!!

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Ella S I hope all is well... Thank you for your reply!

My point is: You trust in your "Faith" everyday! You said you believe in "evidentialism"! To trust in your "Evidence" you must rely on your "Faith"!
You reject God because you need "Evidence"!?????

Ella S I am pointing out... The Evidence is there....Example... People all over the world have had "Near Death Experience"; many have seen there relatives that have died, many have found relatives they did not know they had!! Some even have had "Near Death Experience" of pure Evil approaching them, in fear they wake up with a strong desire to change their life! THINK...

Ella S think; maybe the caveman believed in an after life because of these "Near Death Experiences"! Archeologists have found graves of the Caveman with tools placed for the deceased to use in the next life! Or the Egyptians they believed in an after life! The North American Indian believed in a "Great White Spirit!" The Evidence is there!!!

Miracles are another Evidence! You cannot deny people all over the world, in every century have experienced Miracles!
Wikipedia
A miracle is an event that seems inexplicable by natural or scientific laws[2] and accordingly gets attributed to some supernatural or praeternatural cause. Various religions often attribute a phenomenon characterized as miraculous to the actions of a supernatural being, (especially) a deity, a magician, a miracle worker, a saint, or a religious leader. ETC..

Over one (1) billion Christians believe in an after Life, Over One (1) Billion Hindus never mind Buddhists and many other peoples believe in a God/gods and an after life!
etc
Ella S you are REJECTING the Evidence so much for your "evidentialism"!!

I've had a near-death experience. They're vivid dreams caused by losing consciousness when your brain is low on oxygen. There's nothing supernatural about them.

Outside of that, you have not presented me with any evidence. You've just claimed that it exists. If you would like to start a new debate thread with your evidence, I would be happy to discuss it with you.

I've seen a lot of supposed "evidence" for God, and even Christianity in particular, but none of it has stood up to scrutiny. NDE's are a good example of that; people claim they're evidence of an afterlife, but they aren't because there's more evidence that they're oxygen-deprived dreams.

But if that's a discussion you want to have, I'd appreciate you starting a separate thread on it rather than insulting me and accusing me of being dishonest by believing things on "faith" and rejecting evidence.

Dogknox20

I've had a near-death experience. They're vivid dreams caused by losing consciousness when your brain is low on oxygen. There's nothing supernatural about them.

Outside of that, you have not presented me with any evidence. You've just claimed that it exists. If you would like to start a new debate thread with your evidence, I would be happy to discuss it with you.

I've seen a lot of supposed "evidence" for God, and even Christianity in particular, but none of it has stood up to scrutiny. NDE's are a good example of that; people claim they're evidence of an afterlife, but they aren't because there's more evidence that they're oxygen-deprived dreams.

But if that's a discussion you want to have, I'd appreciate you starting a separate thread on it rather than insulting me and accusing me of being dishonest by believing things on "faith" and rejecting evidence.
Ella S. People have discovered relatives they did not know they had in their NDE!
FACT: The cave man believed in an "After Life"!.... PROVING man has always believed in an "After Life"!
You say... vivid dreams caused by losing consciousness when your brain is low on oxygen. I reply: What you say is just a THEORY there is NO scientific proof to make it a FACT!

Ella S There are MIRACLES; Miracles are another Evidence! You said you believe in "evidentialism"!

You cannot deny people all over the world, in every century have experienced Miracles!
In "Google" type "Miracle of the Sun"! Thousands of people witnessed this MIRACLE! This one of many thousands of Miracles that people have experienced over the centuries!!

I (Dogknox20) believe; if the Evidence hit you on the back of the head you would still deny it as non-evidence!!!

Dogknox20

Ella S. People have discovered relatives they did not know they had in their NDE!
FACT: The cave man believed in an "After Life"!.... PROVING man has always believed in an "After Life"!
You say... vivid dreams caused by losing consciousness when your brain is low on oxygen. I reply: What you say is just a THEORY there is NO scientific proof to make it a FACT!

Ella S There are MIRACLES; Miracles are another Evidence! You said you believe in "evidentialism"!

You cannot deny people all over the world, in every century have experienced Miracles!
In "Google" type "Miracle of the Sun" see for yourself! Thousands of people witnessed this MIRACLE! This is just one of many thousands of Miracles that people have experienced over the centuries!!

Miracles are attributed to God!

I (Dogknox20) believe; if the Evidence hit you on the back of the head you would still deny it as non-evidence!!!