• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Hinduism?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I rarely am asked this question, because people almost never ask me what religion I am, and I'm not one to talk about my religion.

So in this thread, I will offer humorous responses to the question, because no one really ever asks me, and because I blatantly stole this idea from @Viker.

First and foremost: The gods come in much flashier colors.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Third: I don't have to answer questions about why I'm Hindu.

Viker

Häxan
Just found a Hindu demon conjuring app.

I just hope I don't get messed up like when I messed with Japanese demon conjuring app.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
1. As someone who likes to dress and likes clothes, I can appreciate that Krishna has a diviiiiine fashion sense. He’s probably the best dressed god.
2. The flowing dhotis and colorful saris are faaaabulous.
3. So many Indian men are absolutely gorgeous!

Prabhas (actor, Bahubali); Hrithik Roshan (actor, Jodhaa and Akbar); Anil Gochikar (pro bodybuilder and sevayat at Jagannatha Temple in Puri); Neil Bhatt (actor, 2012 Ramayan tv series).

upload_2021-5-17_8-47-27.jpeg upload_2021-5-17_8-48-18.jpeg upload_2021-5-17_8-53-0.jpeg upload_2021-5-17_8-54-16.jpeg

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
When around other Hindus, I don't have to say anything at all, and they think I'm smart.

I can tell most non-Hindus all kinds of BS and they still believe me. "Yes, we do human sacrifice, are you volunteering?"

Viker

Häxan
When around other Hindus, I don't have to say anything at all, and they think I'm smart.

I can tell most non-Hindus all kinds of BS and they still believe me. "Yes, we do human sacrifice, are you volunteering?"
I'm stealing that!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I can steal ideas from the Hindu scriptures, the Vedas and the Puranas, and present them as my own.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What is it like to be trampled by an elephant?

How long is your 60 second rule for dropped food?

Is the H silent or not? I can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone. Have you considered using a CH sound instead?

TSTS

Why Hinduism?

Why not? It's very egalitarian. And technically it wasn't practiced as a "religion" , certainly not like abrahamic religions.

BTW i was trying to join the Dharmic DIR on my account page but nothing happened when i checked that box so i unchecked it. How does one join?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
BTW i was trying to join the Dharmic DIR on my account page but nothing happened when i checked that box so i unchecked it. How does one join?
Re-check the box and wait for up to 1 hour. The database is not updated immediately, but within an hour you should have access. (I think the check boxes are a hack.)