• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why have a dead god

Why do all the gods man worship have to be someone from a long time ago that did something good and died?Why can't people have a god that is alive?They say jesus died for all of us and that made people worship him well why don't people worship the soldiers i mean come one there dieing for us why can't they be considerd gods???

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Erm... you're making a HUGE assumption there. Not all gods or goddesses have died once, or are even completely good.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
hail-satan-666 said:
Why do all the gods man worship have to be someone from a long time ago that did something good and died?Why can't people have a god that is alive?They say jesus died for all of us and that made people worship him well why don't people worship the soldiers i mean come one there dieing for us why can't they be considerd gods???
My God is not dead.

You are correct that Jesus died for us. What makes it significant is that He was resurrected. He didn't die again.....

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
hail-satan-666 said:
Why don't you read up on the God you're 'putting down' ? Try to be a bit more open minded, hail-satan, I think you'd find you'd be taken a bit more seriously in future.:)

Fluffy

A fool
Why not worship 10 year olds with internet access that say extremist ignorant things?
I doubt the rituals involved with worshipping such a 'deity' would be pleasant enough to attract too much of a fellowship :).

Jesus is NOT just worshipped because he died for our sins (something which soldiers do not do by the way although I wouldn't want to generalise) he is also the son of god and the founder of a supremely beneficial set of teachings.

Besides it does make more sense for our God to have been around since the beginning of time (if he created the universe and us) than say suddenly appearing on the corner of the block and since you aren't living nearer the time when such events happened you can hardly expect the human incarnation of god to still be alive. Besides the second coming disagrees with your ideas strongly.

Additionally, I would add that there are many religions which worship living men as gods, I believe Rastafarianism is one of them (correct me if Im wrong though please), whilst there are incarnations of significant religious figures in other religions, such as Gedhun Choekyi Nyima in Tibet.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Wow. Your brilliant (and grammatical) post has caused all Christians, worldwide, to convert to Satanism. Thumbs up.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
hail-satan-666 said:
you should reconsider this preconception that all those who believe in G-d are christians...and then reword you question...
my G-d is very much alive

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*peeks in at her various pantheons*

Nope, sorry. Only about half of 'em are dead, and that's if you include Anubis, who says he could really go either way.