• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why has the status of women become so important in our age?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If you can retrofit feminism into the Scripture, why not communism and gay rights?

You are a master at reinterpreting Scripture to fit your secular humanist values.

C'mon!
Reach Higher!
Tom
I mean to be fair, Jesus hung out with a bunch of guys and his married status is hotly debated.:shrug:

Tambourine

I mean to be fair, Jesus hung out with a bunch of guys and his married status is hotly debated.:shrug:
As far as I can tell it was fairly likely that he had female followers as well, but the men writing down the stories of the Gospels would typically gloss over that, or even actively avoided talking about them.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
As far as I can tell it was fairly likely that he had female followers as well, but the men writing down the stories of the Gospels would typically gloss over that, or even actively avoided talking about them.
So his followers were more douchey than Jesus? Guess some traditions never die :p:(

Deidre

They are still treated fairly poorly in many areas of "the West", too. You just need to look at this forum to encounter people who think it is appropriate to denigrate women they do not know as "whores" or worse.

That's certainly a far cry from just a hundred years ago, when it was still perfectly legal for a man to beat or rape his wife, but we still have a lot to improve on.
I can say I’ve always been treated well here but I haven’t been posting as often as then so I’m wondering what changed. This makes me sad, though.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Um...
Wut?

If they're in the Scriptures, why do religious folks attack gays and communists so often? Perhaps Jesus just isn't very good at communicating?

Tom

Why is free speech, "I dislike the concept of gay marriage," or "We're a capitalist, not communist nation," ATTACKS to you.

I love and witness (off RF) to gays and communists. I've never in my life attacked a gay person, and no one I know has.