• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why god created hymen for females

robo

What do you think the purpose from creating the hymen ?
Do chimps have also hymens or only the human females ?
If chimps don't have hymen,then how it evolved to humans.

if hymen was created to show only virginity,then for what purpose god wanted
the one who lost her virginity to be disgraced.

I hope the mods give me some freedom to ask this because of the nature of the OP.

Dear trruth:

Why Allah make foreskin on penis for Muslim males if he wants them to cut it off anyway?:shrug:

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Excuse me, but hands are an important part of the body, hymen is not. :facepalm:

Exactly. If a human being can be born without hands (a very complex part of the body) then it can certainly be born without a hymen (a thin membrane of skin).

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I hope the mods give me some freedom to ask this because of the nature of the OP.

Dear trruth:

Why Allah make foreskin on penis for Muslim males if he wants them to cut it off anyway?:shrug:

Please show us the verse from the quran which asked muslims to cut off the foreskin,
also i wonder regarding the hymen as an evidence for virginity which is never mentioned any where in the quran.

Hope if you can show us any verse which confirm your claim to be true.

robo

Please show us the verse from the quran which asked muslims to cut off the foreskin,
also i wonder regarding the hymen as an evidence for virginity which is never mentioned any where in the quran.

Hope if you can show us any verse which confirm your claim to be true.

No, I cannot quote a verse from the Quran - it is part of the Sunnah.

I can quote a verse from Genesis where God orders Abraham to circumcize an 8 day old baby. But of course, you can conveniently claim that the Bible is corrupted.

How do you decide which parts of the Sunnah are obligatory and which are not?

In any case, the point remains - why circumcize when Allah could have created males fully circumcized right at birth? Perhaps Allah is not the most efficient of creators?

Kerr

If the hymen was created to prove virginity, it was a spectacular failure, as it can be lost any number of ways, from injury to regular horseback riding.
I remember this movie where this guy and this bisexual woman talked about virginity. He didnt seem to think that if she slept with a woman it counted for some reason. And then when she asked what counted he mentioned the hymen, to which she responded that in that case she lost it when she as a child fell of a horse (or something like that :p).

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
No, I cannot quote a verse from the Quran - it is part of the Sunnah.

I can quote a verse from Genesis where God orders Abraham to circumcize an 8 day old baby. But of course, you can conveniently claim that the Bible is corrupted.

How do you decide which parts of the Sunnah are obligatory and which are not?

In any case, the point remains - why circumcize when Allah could have created males fully circumcized right at birth? Perhaps Allah is not the most efficient of creators?

You claim to know about Islam, yet it appears otherwise.

robo

You claim to know about Islam, yet it appears otherwise.

I never claimed to know anything about any religion. Can you provide a quote from my 300 odd posts on RF where I made that assertion about Islam?

In any case, please let me know why Allah could not create male babies already circumcized.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I never claimed to know anything about any religion. Can you provide a quote from my 300 odd posts on RF where I made that assertion about Islam?

In any case, please let me know why Allah could not create male babies already circumcized.

You are right, you haven't made the claim directly, but the posts like the one I replied to are an indication to me that you seem to know about Islam, but really you don't.

While you are asking that question, you might as well ask why we have to live on this planet if we are going to die. Why God created pigs if we can't eat them, why create alcohol if we can't drink it. All that stuff.

We were created to obey and worship God, he has given us of both things, things which if done are obedience, and if not done are disobedience. If circumcision has no negative effects and on the other hand the foreskin has no benefit, then circumcision just serves as a means of showing obedience.

Having said that, I don't know what this thread is about, I just wanted to reply to the circumcision part.

robo

While you are asking that question, you might as well ask why we have to live on this planet if we are going to die. Why God created pigs if we can't eat them, why create alcohol if we can't drink it. All that stuff.

Indeed, these are excellent questions! I am not going to put you on the spot by asking you to answer these questions except this -

Why is wine prohibited here on earth while Allah promises the same in Jannat?

But that would be a derail, perhaps a topic worthy of another thread - why does Allah provide stuff in heaven that he prohibits here on earth.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Indeed, these are excellent questions! I am not going to put you on the spot by asking you to answer these questions except this -

Why is wine prohibited here on earth while Allah promises the same in Jannat?

But that would be a derail, perhaps a topic worthy of another thread - why does Allah provide stuff in heaven that he prohibits here on earth.

You can open a new thread and I will come answer there if you don't mind.

This is not the thread for it.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Can't add much to what brother Islam said.

i am a muslim and not circumcised,it isn't compulsory in Islam to be circumcised.

please check here to understand the Islamic view regarding circumcision.

Thanks,Robo

johnhanks

What do you think the purpose from creating the hymen ?
Do chimps have also hymens or only the human females ?
If chimps don't have hymen,then how it evolved to humans.

if hymen was created to show only virginity,then for what purpose god wanted
the one who lost her virginity to be disgraced.
A biological function for the hymen isn't hard to find, and it need have nothing to do with proving virginity.

Of all body orifices the vagina is among the most vulnerable to microbial infection. Post-puberty its lining secretes glycogen, allowing acid-producing bacteria to flourish and keep the pH too low for most other microbes to colonise it. Pre-puberty the hymen acts as at least a partial barrier.

robo

That was quite a graphic link!:eek:

So, those Muslims who circumcize are not following the Quran, right? They are implying that Allah did not create male babies perfectly thereby casting doubts about the ability of Allah to create perfect humans. Am I wrong?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Can't add much to what brother Islam said.

i am a muslim and not circumcised,it isn't compulsory in Islam to be circumcised.

Thanks,Robo

Brother, I'm sorry to say but you are wrong about circumcision. So too is that website, it is a Qur'an alone website since it doesn't use hadith in any of it's "fatwas" or "rulings". The person/s who have opened the website are either very ignorant or are kaffirs and hypocrites.

This hadith is from Sahih Bukhari:
Narrated Abu Huraira : I heard the Prophet saying. "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, cutting the moustaches short, clipping the nails, and depilating the hair of the armpits." (Book #72, Hadith #779)

You should not look for alternative answers/views regarding a matter just because you may dislike it or because you don't wish to practice it. There is nothing wrong with circumcision and it is Islamic and is supported by the Sunnah of Rasulallah salallahu alayhi wa salam.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
That was quite a graphic link!:eek:

So, those Muslims who circumcize are not following the Quran, right? They are implying that Allah did not create male babies perfectly thereby casting doubts about the ability of Allah to create perfect humans. Am I wrong?

You are wrong on many levels mate.

robo

There is nothing wrong with circumcision and it is Islamic and is supported by the Sunnah of Rasulallah salallahu alayhi wa salam.

But you still keep missing the point.

If circumcision is good for humans and that is why Muslims are enjoined to undergo the procedure, why did not Allah make humans circumcised prior to birth itself?

Please answer without derailing.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
5 centuries of Andalusian scientific and philosophical achievements are screaming for justice with the creation of this thread. :cover:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Brother, I'm sorry to say but you are wrong about circumcision. So too is that website, it is a Qur'an alone website since it doesn't use hadith in any of it's "fatwas" or "rulings". The person/s who have opened the website are either very ignorant or are kaffirs and hypocrites.

This hadith is from Sahih Bukhari:
Narrated Abu Huraira : I heard the Prophet saying. "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, cutting the moustaches short, clipping the nails, and depilating the hair of the armpits." (Book #72, Hadith #779)

You should not look for alternative answers/views regarding a matter just because you may dislike it or because you don't wish to practice it. There is nothing wrong with circumcision and it is Islamic and is supported by the Sunnah of Rasulallah salallahu alayhi wa salam.

Thank you for your advice,brother.

But it is still not compulsary to be circumcised.
in other words,i won't go to hell,just because i didn't cut my moustach short.

But what i did understand from hadith that it is about cleanliness,so i think
there was a purpose from the foreskin while in mother's womb,maybe to
protect the penis head from the womb liquids,just guesses,i am not a doctor.
but need to be investigated.

So that foreskin isn't needed after birth and need to be circmcised,not hard to understand and sounds logic.