• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why God allows Evil

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Ok so this is another hypothetical rationalisation, but lets extrapolate this rationale. So this deity you imagine exists lets a child be raped, does nothing, closes the door and says go ahead, rape that child, ruin it's life, but I will enjoy torturing you forever when you die. The religion of love you say? I think I just had to re-swallow some of my lunch.

Oh your god, well we can't have free will infringed just to stop children being raped can we? One wonders why you imagine we evolved primates have laws prohibiting such vile abuse? If a deity doesn't care enough to stop it, why are we infringing on people's free will? The ******g mind truly boggles at the mental cartwheels apologists conjure sometimes.

So a child who is raped, and then loses it's belief in a magic sky fairy, presumably gets to contemplate it's rash use of its free will, for all eternity in Hell, being tortured forever?

All things bright and beautiful, lah lah lah lah lah.....:facepalm:
Would you prefer free will to be taken away from you just because there are maniacs living among us? even though you are normal person.
Answer honestly.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Ok so this is another hypothetical rationalisation, but lets extrapolate this rationale. So this deity you imagine exists lets a child be raped, does nothing, closes the door and says go ahead, rape that child, ruin it's life, but I will enjoy torturing you forever when you die. The religion of love you say? I think I just had to re-swallow some of my lunch.

Oh your god, well we can't have free will infringed just to stop children being raped can we? One wonders why you imagine we evolved primates have laws prohibiting such vile abuse? If a deity doesn't care enough to stop it, why are we infringing on people's free will? The ******g mind truly boggles at the mental cartwheels apologists conjure sometimes.

So a child who is raped, and then loses it's belief in a magic sky fairy, presumably gets to contemplate it's rash use of its free will, for all eternity in Hell, being tortured forever?

Would you prefer free will to be taken away from you just because there are maniacs living among us? even though you are normal person.
Answer honestly.

Why would a deity with omnipotence need to take away the free will of anyone at all? It could literally do anything? Assuming you ever grasp what omnipotence means then, why would it need to take my free will away? Can't it just focus on the free will of those raping children? Indeed it need not take away all autonomy from them, just prevent them raping children, at least as a start. This deity doesn't allow me to flap my arms and fly to into a black hole, isn't that taking away what you call free will?

Last edited:

Sheldon

Veteran Member

Answer honestly.

Why would a deity with omnipotence need to take away the free will of anyone at all? It could literally do anything? I've no idea why you think it would need to take my free will away? Can't it just focus on the free will of those raping children? Indeed it need not take away all autonomy from them, just prevent them raping children, at least as a start. Even evolved primates like humans have managed that, we jail them. This deity doesn't allow me to flap my arms and fly to into a black hole, isn't that taking away what you call free will?

Reactions: ppp

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
I've no idea why you think it would need to take my free will away? Can't it just focus on the free will of those raping children? Indeed it need not take away all autonomy from them, just prevent them raping children, at least as a start
I see your point, but just like you complain about some maniac raping kids, so does somebody else complain about something else, out of 7 billion people living on earth there are countless complaints about countless of issues, so who out of these 7 billion should have precedence to say on what evil should god focus?

Hey god, if you took free will from those abusing kids, why don't you also take away free will from bad politicians? and so on and so forth we end up taking free will from everyone because everbody complains about something. so we are back to same question by design, should free will be taken away?

joelr

The story of Job is no problem in theology.
Satan is a deceiver and has blinded people to the truth.
How God is going to judge those people is up to God.
Some of them want to be blinded to the truth because they have rejected the truth and so look for alternative explanations.

Satan is the angel of Yahweh and does dirty work for him. He asked permission to torture Job. He worked with Yahweh. They work together. Your Middle ages theology doesn't work with scripture. It makes no sense. If Yahweh was sending Satan to kill untold thousands of people, children, of course it would create an unstable character.

The NT Satan is just re-working the Persian devil into the myths. It doesn't make sense with the original Jewish beliefs about Satan.

joelr

You don't seem to care what the Bible says, but that does not stop you from saying that the opposite to what the Bible says is what happened.
What has happened to the Jews now is what was predicted and promised in the OT.
But the Bible does not say that God will completely reject the Jews, and He has not.
The OT does say that God will punish those who have done harm to the His people and in the end they will return to following Him and accepting His saviour.

Where does it say that? During the Persian occupation the Hebrew religious leaders did not know why Yahweh abandoned them. There are passages that are telling Yahweh to wake up because they thought he was sleeping.
Yahweh says the Israelites will rule, all nations will bow down and so on. That didn't happen. They get help, never.

No I have no naturalistic supposition.

So then do you believe what the angel Gabrielle said to Muhammad then? IF not you have a naturalistic supposition. Same with the angel Moroni.

I do not know the beliefs of Christian Science well at all but from this site I noticed items 4 and 6.
9 Things You Should Know About ‘Christian Science’
4 seems to indicate the teaching of antichrist. (1John 4:2)
With 6, the belief that sin is an illusion means that they would say they have no sin and so the truth is not in them. (1John 1:8)
I see prayer working.

A huge study was done. No effects at all.

"The efficacy of prayer has been studied since at least 1872, generally through experiments to determine whether prayer or intercessory prayer has a measurable effect on the health of the person for whom prayer is offered. Empirical research indicates that prayer and intercessory prayer have no discernible effects.[1]"Efficacy of prayer - Wikipedia

Again, mortality rates prove no healings are happening beyond base probabilities.