• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Don't the Vedas Mention Rama or Krishna?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Zakir Hussein has found the name 'Muhammad' in all sorts of places, not just the Vedas. He has also found Muhammad in the Bible and even in the Avesta and God knows what other books - his explanations are actually quite amusing. (Incidentally Zakir Naik will probably be arrested if he ever returns to India).
Well! India is a secular country. I don't understand as to why such an uproar against a Muslim religious scholar who is not involved in Politics and is a man dedicated to religions only, in my opinion.
If he gives arguments, peacefully, he should be replied with arguments. Peaceful dialogues is the only solution for religious matters. Please
Regards

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Well! India is a secular country. I don't understand as to why such an uproar against a Muslim religious scholar who is not involved in Politics and is a man dedicated to religions only, in my opinion.
If he gives arguments, peacefully, he should be replied with arguments. Peaceful dialogues is the only solution for religious matters. Please
Regards
I agree totally, but in this case the reason was that multiple terrorists have claimed that they were inspired by his lectures. Actually, the most significant case of these was a terrorist in Bangladesh (a Muslim country) who claimed that his inspiration was Zakir Hussein.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Regards
Peacefully ?.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If you believe in what Naik says, your tag line 'Hatred for None' is completely invalid.
One should know that I don't believe in Naik, never. But Veda, if not all, at least some of it is a revealed scripture. If Muhammad is mentioned in Veda, Bible, Zoroastrians scriptures etc, it does no harm any such religion or peoples belonging to them, in any way. It rather supports them to be true in the origin, if not now, due to a lot of water going down the Ganges. A true Muslim has to respect and love all the revealed religions.
So my position is that I love, Quran, Bible of Moses, Jesus Gospels, Zoroaster's scriptures, Buddha's scriptures, Gita of Krishna, rather the scriptures of all the revealed religions in the world, wherever they claim it to be revealed.
Isn't it a peaceful and peace promoting stance? Please
Regards

psychoslice

Veteran Member
One should know that I don't believe in Naik, never. But Veda, if not all, at least some of it is a revealed scripture. If Muhammad is mentioned in Veda, Bible, Zoroastrians scriptures etc, it does no harm any such religion or peoples belonging to them, in any way. It rather supports them to be true in the origin, if not now, due to a lot of water going down the Ganges. A true Muslim has to respect and love all the revealed religions.
So my position is that I love, Quran, Bible of Moses, Jesus Gospels, Zoroaster's scriptures, Buddha's scriptures, Gita of Krishna, rather the scriptures of all the revealed religions in the world, wherever they claim it to be revealed.
Isn't it a peaceful and peace promoting stance? Please
Regards
You can read anything into the Vedas if you don't truly understand it in a deep spiritual way, or the way it was made to reveal, its like reading something into the Quran, how would you feel if others ready someone of their own beliefs into you wonderful book ?.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I agree totally, but in this case the reason was that multiple terrorists have claimed that they were inspired by his lectures. Actually, the most significant case of these was a terrorist in Bangladesh (a Muslim country) who claimed that his inspiration was Zakir Hussein.
That is another thing. It should be dealt with as per the Law of the Land. As simple as that.
It has no bearing on the present subject being discussed here. Is it?
It is Veda predicting coming of a prophet, who is highest in status of all the prophets. It is not Politics or in any way attached to terrorism. Right? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You can read anything into the Vedas if you don't truly understand it in a deep spiritual way, or the way it was made to reveal, its like reading something into the Quran, how would you feel if others ready someone of their own beliefs into you wonderful book ?.
Did I ever object to anybody reading Quran? It never happened. If one reads Quran and makes an opinion which is wrong, I will defend the correct meanings with arguments. If he makes a right opinion, I will be happy to accept it. Please
What is wrong with it? Please
Regards

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Did I ever object to anybody reading Quran? It never happened. If one reads Quran and makes an opinion which is wrong, it will defend the correct meanings with arguments. If he makes a right opinion, I will be happy to accept it. Please
What is wrong with it? Please
Regards
My god I don't know where to start.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But Muhammad is predicted in the Veda as per "Dr. Zakir Naik discovering Muhammad in Hindu scriptures", and Dr. Zakir Naik is a Muslim scholar of secular India. Right?
No. Not right. Zakir Naik is an absconder hiding from Indian authorities in Saudi Arabia after channeling crores of rupees to his sister's account from the money he received to encourage terrorism in Muslim youth from India and Bangladesh. Do not degrade scholarship to his level. He is a con-man who used religion for personal benefit.

ED suspects Zakir Naik’s family, trust laundered over Rs 100 crore
Around Rs. 23 crore remitted from Naik's overseas account to his Indian Bank account was transferred to his sister Nailah Noorani's account, ..
ED suspects Zakir Naik’s family, trust laundered over Rs 100 crore - Times of India
Google

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Thanks for agreeing totally. Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No. Not right. Zakir Naik is an absconder hiding from Indian authorities in Saudi Arabia after channeling crores of rupees to his sister's account from the money he received to encourage terrorism in Muslim youth from India and Bangladesh. Do not degrde scholarship to his level.

ED suspects Zakir Naik’s family, trust laundered over Rs 100 crore
Around Rs. 23 crore remitted from Naik's overseas account to his Indian Bank account was transferred to his sister Nailah Noorani's account, ..
ED suspects Zakir Naik’s family, trust laundered over Rs 100 crore - Times of India
Google
I said that such matters, related to crime, are different, not supported by any religion. If Zakir has done any crime, he should be made answerable to the Law of the Land. There are no two opinion on it. Right? Please
The present discussion is not related to it in any way. Don't you agree with it ? Please
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
One should know that I don't believe in Naik, never.
But Veda, if not all, at least some of it is a revealed scripture.

Good to know you don't believe Naik. So now you can stop calling him a scholar, no?

Hindus, as we've said many times, DO NOT consider Vedas as revealed scripture. For me personally, I have no interest in either the Koran or Christian Bible. Mixing opposing beliefs leads to confusion, not clarity.

Please drop your attack on Hinduism. I think many of us here would truly appreciate that. Honestly, I figured you had dropped it (or had been warned by the moderators) and I was beginning to gain some respect for you respecting our oft-said hopes in that way. Apparently my observations were entirely too soon. and we'll be back at defending your nonsensical slights.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But Muhammad is predicted in the Veda as per "Dr. Zakir Naik discovering Muhammad in hindu scriptures", and Dr. Zakir Naik is a Muslim scholar of secular India.
Right?
Regards
You really blew it this time by referring to a guy whose speeches and sermons have become inspirations for terror attacks, who thinks 9/11 is an American conspiracy, who is sympathetic to Osama Bin Laden, who believes anybody who converts from Islam or preaches another religion in an Islamic country should be given the death sentence, approves child marriage, approves polygamy, and believes only science that is apporved by Islamic scholars should be taught and only schools that should exist are Islamic schools. He and his tv sermons are banned in UK and Canada (Canada!) for their divisiveness and intolerance and his organization is under investigation in Bangladesh and India for motivating terror attacks.
Why Zakir Naik is dangerous - Times of India
The influence of controversial preacher Zakir Naik - BBC News