• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't some people like being Apes?

Baydwin

I like it, the idea of my family tree extending back billions of years, and being related in some way to every living organism on the planet.

Why don't some people like this concept?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I think people are afraid of accepting their bestial side.

We are animals with a conscience and a sense of having a higher purpose. We fear giving the reigns to the emotional, instinctual side over the rational. We want to maintain our civilized masks, and accepting that we have a basis in a beast tend to disillusion us.

Amill

Apikoros
Yea I really like the idea that I'm related to all the other lifeforms on our planet. People think that it takes away our "specialness" but I can find a lot of reasons to feel special. The fact that my ancestry goes back billions of years, without a single organism not being able to reproduce, is pretty amazing. I feel that had a single organism in my ancestry not been able to reproduce, and not been able to do it with that specific other organnism, and not at the exact time they did it, that I wouldn't be here.

John D

Spiritsurfer
I see people as something special, and won't insult them by calling their mothers a flea picking ape and their grandmothers a hairy baboon.And by the way in Africa you can easely be killed for saying something truthful like that. Especialy if your Statepresident has five wifes plus an undisclosed quantity of concibines and 20 known children - Truly the Alpha male of his troop.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I see people as something special, and won't insult them by calling their mothers a flea picking ape and their grandmothers a hairy baboon.
Then don't.

Doesn't change the fact that they, and everyone else, are apes.

And by the way in Africa you can easely be killed for saying something truthful like that. Especialy if your Statepresident has five wifes plus an undisclosed quantity of concibines and 20 known children - Truly the Alpha male of his troop.
Can anyone else decipher what he's trying to say here?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
This is why I think we should tell people that we evolved from jaguars. More people would probably believe in evolution if they thought they came from jaguars, because jaguars are cool. Who wants to come from a monkey?

I like it, the idea of my family tree extending back billions of years, and being related in some way to every living organism on the planet.

Why don't some people like this concept?

its kinda weird and it doesn't make much sense and + how come there are still apes around aren't they suppose to have become human by now !!!
any ways thats wat i think

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why would they become human? Species die when they're no longer able to function in their environment. Chimps and monkey lifestyles are still perfectly viable.

Why are there still Europeans, now that there are Americans who have descended from them?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
One of religion's primary functions is to convey significance. When there's no clear discontinuity between us and a group of rude creatures we've tradionally looked down on; when the bulk of evidence actually places is in this group...well, that's just unacceptable.

We must be special. We must be unique and beloved of God. We must be significant. Otherwise....

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
One of religion's primary functions is to convey significance. When there's no clear discontinuity between us and a group of rude creatures we've tradionally looked down on; when the bulk of evidence actually places is in this group...well, that's just unacceptable.

We must be special. We must be unique and beloved of God. We must be significant. Otherwise....

APES are unique..

I admit maybe because they are more like me and I relate to them..

Love

Dallas

Smoke

Done here.
I do NOT mind being an ape.I mean why would I care?
I care. I like being an ape. I love being an ape.
Apes are cool. Apes are happening. All the other mammals wish they had our sense of humor and opposable thumbs.

Well, you know, except for monkeys. They wish they had our giant brains.