• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why dont Christians kill their childrens immediately after they baptize them?

cambridge79

This life is transitory, true life starts after you die, and if you've been good enough you go to heaven.
Now if you baptize your children in that moment he is sin free, why not kill him right than? That would prevent him to be exposed to all the moral corruption of this world, basically you would deny him the chance to sin and go to hell. You re giving him a first class ticket to heaven. Why not?

Oldsoul

Now if you baptize your children in that moment he is sin free, why not kill him right than? That would prevent him to be exposed to all the moral corruption of this world, basically you would deny him the chance to sin and go to hell. You re giving him a first class ticket to heaven. Why not?

You have the mind of a twisted extremists. .

Baptize a child. .
Then shoot him in the face?
Really?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Why dont Christians kill their childrens immediately after they baptize them?

Er maybe...Thou shalt not kill

And almost needless to say you are taking dogma to ridiculous ends. One can find multiple ridiculous logical and moral conundrums by taking dogma too literally and applying it to situations the dogma wasn't meant to address.

cambridge79

You have the mind of a twisted extremists. .

Baptize a child. .
Then shoot him in the face?
Really?
I wouldnt do that, i m just saying if people really believe what they're saying that should be the biggest act of love they could do for their childrens. Remember eternity in heaven is the goal, life is just the way you hearn your ticket and here your giving them a first class one.

It's not my fault if the way that Christianity set its own rules bring to such kind of twisted conclusions

Last edited:
Reactions: gsa

cambridge79

That would be murder. If you don't know why people don't murder their children, please don't have any.
That would be murder for you, but for them is heaven. If you have like 30 childrens and you baptize them and than you kill them all, wouldn't be your soul in hell a fair price to pay, being 100% sure that all of them will have a guaranteed eternity in heaven? Its 30 vs 1.
Best parent ever

Last edited:

Oldsoul

I wouldnt do that, i m just saying if people really believe what they're saying that should be the biggest act of love they could do for their childrens. Remember eternity in heaven is the goal, life is just the way you hearn your ticket and here your giving them a first class one.
Not at all..
The biggest act of love you can give is unconditional love..

If your point is.. "prevent your child from sinning after the baptism "... " Kill Him!!"
It's a terrible strategy.

Let's throw a curve ball into this.

Right before you baptize your child tell him or her..
"Honey".."after your baptism. . I shall stab you"
See how that pans out..

cambridge79

Not at all..
The biggest act of love you can give is unconditional love..

That's exactly the point. What's more lovely than sacrificing your very own chance to go to heaven in order to make 100% sure that your children goes to heaven avoiding him all the suffering and the risks along the way? He wouldn't even suffer, he wouldnt Even realise what happened. You would survive, mourn him, miss him, basically you would bring his cross for him, he will be ok. You now may say "but You re denying him all the good things too" but who really cares, what are those compared to eternity in heaven beside god?

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Temporarily out of order
This life is transitory, true life starts after you die,
No, just the next part of it, the larger part.

and if you've been good enough you go to heaven.
No, the cross isn't about merit, but grace.

Now if you baptize your children in that moment he is sin free, why not kill him right than?
Beyond the question of meaningful baptism relating to infants, because a) loving God isn't compatible with sociopathy and b) murder is a sin.

That would prevent him to be exposed to all the moral corruption of this world, basically you would deny him the chance to sin and go to hell. You re giving him a first class ticket to heaven. Why not?
Supra and Proverbs 22:6, 6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

cambridge79

No, just the next part of it, the larger part.
larger? Are you really comparing 60 years with the eternity? 6p years are insignificant in comparison.
Suppose you're going to spend a week at disneyland, would you even care about the one hour queue at the entrance?

No, the cross isn't about merit, but grace.
Would this distinction be of any significance for a month old child? Could he be ungraceful in any way? Is there the minimal chance for him not to enter heaven in case his dad kills him?

Beyond the question of meaningful baptism relating to infants, because a) loving God isn't compatible with sociopathy and b) murder is a sin.
Im talking about the child here. Im not asking if the father is being a good catholic ( even if that would be a legitimate question itself ). I m pretty sure god won't deny heaven to the baby cause daddy was a sociopath

Supra and Proverbs 22:6, 6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
You have no idea about the number of good people that turned bad in the face of an unfair llife they would all be in heaven now if their parents killed them when they were childrens

Thana

Lady

It's not my fault if the way that Christianity set its own rules bring to such kind of twisted conclusions

Heaven isn't the goal, Fellowship with God is. And you need to be alive to achieve it.

Besides, God created each of us. To give our lives is okay in certain circumstances and if it is God's will, but to give up our salvation, our souls? No. Never.

Yoshua

This life is transitory, true life starts after you die, and if you've been good enough you go to heaven.
Hi Cambridge,

For Christianity, being good enough cannot make you to heaven. No one is sin-free, all are sinners. Life is a gift from God. He owned our life, He is the life-giver, and He is only the one who can take our life with Him.

Thanks

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.

Two things...

1. Thou shall not murder.
2. No where in the Bible does it say we go to Heaven when we die.

cambridge79

Heaven isn't the goal, Fellowship with God is. And you need to be alive to achieve it..

Wait a minute so god doesn't allow childrens in heaven cause they lack experience?
So if a 6 months old children dies cause he is ill, no heaven for him?

Yoshua

Hi Cambridge,

Honestly, how would you feel if you kill your children? Do you feel guilt or you think you will be rejoicing?

Thanks

Yoshua

Wait a minute so god doesn't allow childrens in heaven cause they lack experience?
So if a 6 months old children dies cause he is ill, no heaven for him?
Hi Cambridge,

There is an age of accountability wherein a child knows what is wrong or right. I think this is around 9 or 10 yrs old. Besides, God knows best. He is a fair God, merciful God and a God of justice.

Thanks

gsa

Hi Cambridge,

Honestly, how would you feel if you kill your children? Do you feel guilt or you think you will be rejoicing?

Thanks

Most people would recoil at the very thought. But then, Christians believe that the dead child will go to heaven, right? So you are basically guaranteeing their salvation by murdering them. Even if you lose your soul in the process, isn't that an act of love? If Christianity is true, of course. If it isn't true, then you would just be a deluded murderer. But still, isn't it better to take Pascal's wager and kill the child?

cambridge79

Hi Cambridge,

Thanks
Im no Christian so I don't have to make such a choice.
But let me ask you a question. Suppose you're extremely poor, you re so poor you eat once every two days. You live in a country with no job opportunities, there's war and famine where you live. No healthcare, school is awful and so on. You have a child.
A couple from america comes to you and tell you
We want to adopt your baby.
We can send him to the best schools, he will eat healthy foods everyday, will have the opportunity to travel the world, have first class education, a good job, and of course we will raise him as a Christian. But if we adopt him we will tell him that you re dead and you will never be able to see him again.
Would you consider their offer?