• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Dont Christians Accept the Book of Mormon as Valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Seems to me that you have been pursuing that course sine you first spoke to me, If I am being hateful, Shame on me, If it is you being hateful, shame on you.>

Not hateful, but the scripture does tell us that if any other gospel is preached to us other than what has been preached let it be accursed, could be you fell God's curse on you:yes:

I could also understand where you are coming from, if I was brought up in a cave , then I would not be able to see the light also.

But all in all, it is a very convincing story and if I didn't know ant better and was like you, I would also believe in it. The one of many things that blows the story is that Someone says he met Jesus face to face, and Since Jesus was against adultery and polygamy, it really sheds doubt on it even further.

You call our faith garbage. You say I was brought up in a cave.

You, sir (if I can call you that), are the one being hateful.

bluZero

You sir, I told you before, I am not attacking you or your faith in Christ, if you did read me right. But you liar, Boni Mornoni :franken:story,is garbage, And if that is what my palate tells me it is , I would be lying to myself if I said otherwise.
But you are the one who is pursuing hatefulness. Get a life since it appears you do not have love! :spam:

bluZero

You're source for scholarly research is WIKIPEDIA???!!!:D:rolleyes::ctr:

I thought that I would go there when looking for trivia. I do my real research in real places.:cool: One can always find 50% truth there or for that matter, even in lies. How do You think SATAN KEEPS HIS SUCKERS ON THE HOOK? Don't you read what they have to say about Moroni, if you disagree, you can go in an edit it. that is what wiki is all about.

Watchmen

Premium Member
You sir, I told you before, I am not attacking you or your faith in Christ, if you did read me right. But you liar, Boni Mornoni :franken:story,is garbage, And if that is what my palate tells me it is , I would be lying to myself if I said otherwise.
But you are the one who is pursuing hatefulness. Get a life since it appears you do not have love! :spam:

How old are you, 3? Anyway, your posts reveal you for what you are so there's no need for me to say more.

bluZero

How old are you, 3? Anyway, your posts reveal you for what you are so there's no need for me to say more.

Actually, 3 that is correct! Look, I may seem harsh because I am not molly coddling you. But do you realize that in less than 25 months from now it will be the time of the rapture and judgment day. You had better look for the signs of the times and stop playing with the idea of peace and safety. For your sake I do hope you are indwelled with the Holy spirit, but if you have any doubts you had better get on your knees and cry out for mercy. Read 2 Thess 2:2-11 and see who is running the churches of the world today. And just by being in a church or defending it you area in violation of the commandments of God. Read God's command in Rev 18:4. Peace!

Last edited:

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
KJV. and a Hebrew English and a Greek/english interlinear.

What about the other translations. So none of those other Bibles that are closer to the original documents are true? So Christ, His disciples,and all of the early church were learning and reading from FALSE BIBLES?! Humanity had to wait until the King James verse came about to get the true version of the Bible?

The burden of proofe is on the ones that claim him , don't you think?

You are the one trying to prove to me that it is false so you have the burden of proof.

Just what are you implying here?

I'm saying that you aren't thinking your arguments through to conclusion.

Depends on what we are talking about?

I'm talking about God communicating with mankind.

Sola, go check it out on wikipedia as i did.

What topic should I look up at wikipedia?

I hope you will please address the topics in post #2277.

Look, I may seem harsh because I am not molly coddling you. But do you realize that in less than 25 months from now it will be the time of the rapture and judgment day. You had better look for the signs of the times and stop playing with the idea of peace and safety. For your sake I do hope you are indwelled with the Holy spirit, but if you have any doubts you had better get on your knees and cry out for mercy. Read 2 Thess 2:2-11 and see who is running the churches of the world today.

2 Thess 2:2-11
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Ok I read it.

And just by being in a church or defending it you area in violation of the commandments of God. Read God's command in Rev 18:4. Peace!

Rev 18:4
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

I'm glad I listen to God's commandments and am not part of the Church of the Devil.

bluZero

[/COLOR]

What about the other translations. So none of those other Bibles that are closer to the original documents are true? So Christ, His disciples,and all of the early church were learning and reading from FALSE BIBLES?! Humanity had to wait until the King James verse came about to get the true version of the Bible?

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

You are the one trying to prove to me that it is false so you have the burden of proof.

What topic should I look up at wikipedia?

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Ok I read it.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

I'm glad I listen to God's commandments and am not part of the Church of the Devil.

So far you have said anything to me that warrants any form of explanation from me, Ask me one question and back up your reason for asking, and then we will start from there. I have other post, you are not the only one I talk with.:slap:

bluZero

In the narrative, at the time of King Benjamin (about 130 BC), the Nephite believers were called "the children of Christ".[57] At another place, the faithful members of the church at the time of Captain Moroni (73 B.C.) were called "Christians" by their enemies, because of their belief in Jesus Christ.[58] Now i ask you why would the bible contradict itself?
(Acts 11:26) And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

SoyLeche

meh...
In the narrative, at the time of King Benjamin (about 130 BC), the Nephite believers were called "the children of Christ".[57] At another place, the faithful members of the church at the time of Captain Moroni (73 B.C.) were called "Christians" by their enemies, because of their belief in Jesus Christ.[58] Now i ask you why would the bible contradict itself?
(Acts 11:26) And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Is it really that upsetting to you that a word that probably meant "followers of the Messiah", or "those who have hope in the Savior", etc. was translated into English as "Christians"?

bluZero

[/COLOR]

What about the other translations. So none of those other Bibles that are closer to the original documents are true? That is your opinion of what has been said, you are wrong! :ignore:So Christ, His disciples,and all of the early church were learning and reading from
Again, that is your interpretation of what has been said, wrong gain!!:ignore:
FALSE BIBLES?! Humanity had to wait until the King James verse came about to get the true version of the Bible? Exactly, wrong again!!! strike 3 your out!!!:baseball:

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

You will have to go back and get that one, and I'll be the ones who decides if my argument was thought through.

Starting over again, Strike one!

What topic should I look up at wikipedia? If you had been reading correctly, you would have known which one.

Originally Posted by Sola'lor
That doesn't make any sense. You said that they are the same as the "mormon fairy tale" meaning that there is no way of proving it. Then you said, "But I believe what is written". You then quoted a scripture tell us to "Prove all things". You just said that the things can be proven:

How can you obey that scripture to prove it when you just told us you CAN'T prove it.

what is up with all the double talk? I reiterate, what are you talking about!

Ok I read it. But no comment?
Sounds like bible thumping to me!

Which church of the devil is it you are speaking of, Time has come for you to get off the fence and face your fears.

Last edited:

bluZero

Is it really that upsetting to you that a word that probably meant "followers of the Messiah", or "those who have hope in the Savior", etc. was translated into English as "Christians"?

No, but then he went on to say many many things that are not even alluded to in the bible of the one true God. That fable if you would build it and try to float it, it would sink, if you tried to take all that fable and make of it a plane, it would not fly. Truly it is an accursed book based on what god has said: "do no add to this book." Problem is that you and all Mormons were brought up in a cave with seeing nothing but shadows on the wall, and we christians were freed from the cave of darkness by Christ and brought out into the light of life, and we can see through your J. Smiths ploy to subjugate a congregation to himself. As it is written in the gospel of the one true God, "any gospel that we have not preached to you let it be accursed." Aren't you a bit concerned at seeking for the truth. Your problem is that you use the book of Mormon to validate the bible, and that is a no no.

It is the bible and the bible only that contains the truth. Not any other book on earth contains truth as the truth of the bible. I'll admit, Smith really made a lot of use copying information from the bible and intergrating it into his fable. If I was born in a cave, I would believe in it too. Rev 22:18-19 You have 24 months and 13 days before the rapture. if you have not repented and given yourself over to god and beg for His mercy, you will be left behind. There are none so blind as they that will not see:cover: P.S. I might add, that my telling you that I know the date of the rapture, and the date of the end of the world, seems just as impossible to believe for you as is your Book of Mormon does for me.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
No, but then he went on to say many many things that are not even alluded to in the bible of the one true God. That fable if you would build it and try to float it, it would sink, if you tried to take all that fable and make of it a plane, it would not fly. Truly it is an accursed book based on what god has said: "do no add to this book." Problem is that you and all Mormons were brought up in a cave with seeing nothing but shadows on the wall, and we christians were freed from the cave of darkness by Christ and brought out into the light of life, and we can see through your J. Smiths ploy to subjugate a congregation to himself. As it is written in the gospel of the one true God, "any gospel that we have not preached to you let it be accursed." Aren't you a bit concerned at seeking for the truth. Your problem is that you use the book of Mormon to validate the bible, and that is a no no.

It is the bible and the bible only that contains the truth. Not any other book on earth contains truth as the truth of the bible. I'll admit, Smith really made a lot of use copying information from the bible and intergrating it into his fable. If I was born in a cave, I would believe in it too. Rev 22:18-19 You have 24 months and 13 days before the rapture. if you have not repented and given yourself over to god and beg for His mercy, you will be left behind. There are none so blind as they that will not see:cover: P.S. I might add, that my telling you that I know the date of the rapture, and the date of the end of the world, seems just as impossible to believe for you as is your Book of Mormon does for me.
As far as Mormons being "brought up in a cave" is concerned, you are quite mistaken. Two thirds of the nearly 14 million members of the Church today are 1st generation converts, most of them from other Christian faiths. How do you explain your cave theory when the actual numbers contradict it?

bluZero

As far as Mormons being "brought up in a cave" is concerned, you are quite mistaken. Two thirds of the nearly 14 million members of the Church today are 1st generation converts, most of them from other Christian faiths. How do you explain your cave theory when the actual numbers contradict it?

Well, I guess I cannot. BUt I do say that if anyone can believe that story that J. Smith wrote, must also have been brought up in acave somewhere else on earth, just not the same cave. Cave dwellers will flock together, like birds of a feather. Problem is, You are into the story and have accepted it, and i dare say that you would, even if you could, say anything to go against it. I am on the outside of it, and I can look into and see the flaws, for me it is quite obvious that it is not of God Himself. I have no fear of being ostracized from the pack or have any fear of the elders, I fear only God. I guess it is easier to spot things from a first and fresh point of view without having the fear of being intimidated.:shrug: For you sake, I do hope God HAS INFILLED YOU WITH HIS HOLY SPIRIT AND YOU DO GO TO HEAVEN.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Well, I guess I cannot. BUt I do say that if anyone can believe that story that J. Smith wrote, must also have been brought up in acave somewhere else on earth, just not the same cave.
What about people who believe that a virgin gave birth to God's Son? What about people who believe that a man walked on water? What about people who believe that a man lived in the belly of a well for three days? What do you think of such gullible people?

bluZero

What about people who believe that a virgin gave birth to God's Son? What about people who believe that a man walked on water? What about people who believe that a man lived in the belly of a well for three days? What do you think of such gullible people?

Most of them should be horse wipped.:rolleyes:

bluZero

And I guess you are not among them?

I am only kidding with that, I hope you realized it. The word believe is synonymous with faith. Main thing is to be concerned with the fact of your own salvation, and do not worry about the rest of the world until you know where you stand with God. Lord tells us often to be sure of our self and how do we know we are saved, well we have to search the bible for the answers. And believe it, it is not by speaking in tongues. I could look up some answers, but the best I heard so far is to cry out to God for mercy and plead with him to be sure that he has chosen you. You can never even tell if the guy in the pew next to you is a tare or not. God has described ppl as Gold, silver, and precious stones, then the tares are hay, wood, and stubble. You really have to commune with the Lord, and the church cannot save you, it is God who draws us. No baptisim in water or the paying of tithes, or the sinners prayer, just the grace of god. That is what you should be concerned with at all times.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I am only kidding with that, I hope you realized it.
Of course I realized that. You wouldn't think of judging your faith by the same standards you judge mine. When Thomas was unable to believe he was seeing the risen Lord until he felt the wounds in His hands and feet, Jesus said this to him: "Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." You accept certain things on faith, blu. I accept certain things on faith. Before you ridicule my faith in the future, please consider the fact that you can not prove some of the things you believe any more than I can prove some of the things I believe.

Main thing is to be concerned with the fact of your own salvation, and do not worry about the rest of the world until you know where you stand with God.
I'm quite comfortable with my relationship to God. That's why I have never felt it necessary to find fault with anyone else's beliefs. God isn't going to be asking for my opinion when you stand before Him to be judged and He's not going to be asking for your opinion when it's my turn. Only those who are insecure in their own faith seem to have the need to constantly be mocking someone else's.

idea

Question Everything
Truly it is an accursed book based on what god has said: "do no add to this book." .

I guess the NT is an "accursed book" because it was added onto the OT after everyone was clearly told by Moses:

2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
(Old Testament | Deuteronomy4:2)

Anything more than the Torah must be accursed!!!!!

(The Rev scripture was written before much of the NT was added... you would be removing quite a bit of your current script with your logic - just FYI)

If the bible were so complete... why are there 38,000 different beliefs?

The Bible is obviously incomplete -

Lost Books. The so-called lost books of the Bible are those documents that are mentioned in the Bible in such a way that it is evident they were considered authentic and valuable, but that are not found in the Bible today. Sometimes called missing scripture, they consist of at least the following: book of the Wars of the Lord (Num. 21:14); book of Jasher (Josh. 10:13; 2 Sam. 1:18); book of the acts of Solomon (1 Kgs. 11:41); book of Samuel the seer (1 Chr. 29:29); book of Gad the seer (1 Chr. 29:29); book of Nathan the prophet (1 Chr. 29:29; 2 Chr. 9:29); prophecy of Ahijah (2 Chr. 9:29); visions of Iddo the seer (2 Chr. 9:29; 12:15; 13:22); book of Shemaiah (2 Chr. 12:15); book of Jehu (2 Chr. 20:34); sayings of the seers (2 Chr. 33:19); an epistle of Paul to the Corinthians, earlier than our present 1 Corinthians (1 Cor. 5:9); possibly an earlier epistle to the Ephesians (Eph. 3:3); an epistle to the Church at Laodicea (Col. 4:16); and some prophecies of Enoch, known to Jude (Jude 1:14). To these rather clear references to inspired writings other than our current Bible may be added another list that has allusions to writings that may or may not be contained within our present text, but may perhaps be known by a different title; for example, the book of the covenant (Ex. 24:7), which may or may not be included in the current book of Exodus; the manner of the kingdom, written by Samuel (1 Sam. 10:25); the rest of the acts of Uzziah written by Isaiah (2 Chr. 26:22).
The foregoing items attest to the fact that our present Bible does not contain all of the word of the Lord that he gave to his people in former times, and remind us that the Bible, in its present form, is rather incomplete.
(Bible Dictionary | LLost Books:Entry)

Look up the above scripts - books written by prophets and seers about miracles - that are missing from the Bible...

3 And because my words shall hiss forth—many of the Gentiles shall say: A aBible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible.
4 But thus saith the Lord God: O fools, they shall have a aBible; and it shall proceed forth from the bJews, mine ancient covenant people. And what cthank they the dJews for the Bible which they receive from them? Yea, what do the Gentiles mean? Do they remember the travails, and the labors, and the pains of the Jews, and their diligence unto me, in bringing forth salvation unto the Gentiles?
5 O ye Gentiles, have ye remembered the Jews, mine ancient covenant people? Nay; but ye have acursed them, and have bhated them, and have not sought to recover them. But behold, I will return all these things upon your own heads; for I the Lord have not forgotten my people.
6 Thou fool, that shall say: A aBible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible. Have ye obtained a Bible save it were by the Jews?
7 Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?
8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the atestimony of btwo nations is a cwitness unto you that I am God, that I remember one dnation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two enations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.
9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the asame yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my bwords according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one cword ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my dwork is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.
10 Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my awords; neither bneed ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
11 For I command aall men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall bwrite the words which I speak unto them; for out of the cbooks which shall be written I will djudge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written.
12 For behold, I shall speak unto the aJews and they shall bwrite it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall cwrite it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto dall nations of the earth and they shall write it.
13 And it shall come to pass that the aJews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the blost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews.
(Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi29:3 - 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.