• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't atheists change faiths very often?

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
I think he's telling you that the aquarium is not inside the water it contains. You're giving us the perspective of one of the fish within.
I can't tell you what exists outside of the Bowl, other than GOD. There is no mention of time and space as we know it beyond the known Universe(s).

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
That does not answer my question.

Why presume an intent or will when there is no evidence of any?
I explained there is evidence of design in His creation: The Universe, Solar System, Earth and the Human Body to name but a few things. He is Intelligent beyond anything we can ever hope to comprehend and tells us why He created us:

And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me. Qur'an 51:56 <<<< Clear intent of His will.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Many thanks. That is a beautiful image, and some interesting science.

Did you notice that the image is of x-ray observations? X-rays are not registered by human eyes, so the image was coloured to make its structure intelligible to people. That image has nothing to do with anything "rose-coloured" and nothing to do with your scripture. It shows a stellar explosion, not any kind of tearing of the cosmos.
It looks like a rose, and the Scientists coloured it red. Perhaps God made a prediction of what future star gazers would see and understand from it. Then again perhaps the person whose job it was to colour it was a Muslim, who knew of that verse. Who knows right? What I can be sure of, is the Qur'an is a book of signs and guidance.

Here's another sign for you, can you tell me what the inner core of the Earth is made from?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I explained there is evidence of design in His creation: The Universe, Solar System, Earth and the Human Body to name but a few things. He is Intelligent beyond anything we can ever hope to comprehend and tells us why He created us:

And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me. Qur'an 51:56 <<<< Clear intent of His will.
But that is just an opinion. A preference. An aesthetical inclination.

Other people may or may not feel likewise. But there is not an argument there to be agreed with, or even to be rejected.

Looncall

It looks like a rose, and the Scientists coloured it red. Perhaps God made a prediction of what future star gazers would see and understand from it. Then again perhaps the person whose job it was to colour it was a Muslim, who knew of that verse. Who knows right? What I can be sure of, is the Qur'an is a book of signs and guidance.

Here's another sign for you, can you tell me what the inner core of the Earth is made from?

False-colour x-ray image, fishing lure insect: typical muslim apologetics. Disgusting.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The self replicating organic Cell is massively complicated and devoid of hard evidence showing it came about per chance, my answer is GOD Almighty designed the first cell, and each of the Billions of other cells that started the many strands of life on Earth.

People would be entitled to ask, well who created God then, as He's more complex than anything we can fathom.

If I were to say, for the sake of argument, that someone created ALLAH, then they would ask you, Who created the creator of the Creator? Then, who created the creator of the creator of the creator?! And so on, ad infinitum. This is irrational and impossible, thus GOD must be the uncaused cause of the start of the Universe, and subsequent life as we know it. Indeed he tells us, He is outside of Time and Space, and not subject to the rules that govern us.

I have a simpler resolution to that conundrum. Drop the god out of the equation. The universe emerged from a timeless, eternal substance that generates the seeds of all possible universes, one which could be amorphous and unconscious. This universe is obviously possible. Life self-organized according to thermodynamic principles accounting for the spontaneous arising of dissipative structures (if you're unfamiliar but interested, we can explore this topic more).

No infinite regress any more.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I've long thought that Djinn and Chthonic would make a great name for a band.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
I have a simpler resolution to that conundrum. Drop the god out of the equation. The universe emerged from a timeless, eternal substance that generates the seeds of all possible universes, one which could be amorphous and unconscious. This universe is obviously possible. Life self-organized according to thermodynamic principles accounting for the spontaneous arising of dissipative structures (if you're unfamiliar but interested, we can explore this topic more).

The consensus is Universe is expanding, started at a singularity some 14 Billion Years ago, and will eventually lose energy. The second Law of Thermodynamics says, "In any closed system, a process proceeds in a direction such that the unavailable energy (the entropy) increases."

In a paper called ''Non-singular and Cyclic Universe from the Modified GUP'', written by Maha Salah, Faycal Hammad, Mir Faizal, Ahmed Farag Ali, Professor Mir Faizal outlined the main points of this paper:

The universe is expanding, and the expansion is speeding up, but the team believes that certain modification motivated by quantum mechanics will ultimately halt the expansion (Big Crunch) and pull the whole lot back to a near infinite point – at which stage the universe will start expanding again.

I wonder if the Qur'an aligns with the views of these Muslim Scientists.

That Day We will fold up heaven like folding up the pages of a book. As We originated the first creation so We will regenerate it. It is a promise binding on Us. That is what We will do. Qur'an 21:104

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
What makes something a cause is that there is a subsequent effect following from the cause. The concept of a before and after state demands that time be present already.
See, our brains can not fathom what God's existence outside of time and space must be like. We have to resort to our understanding of the Laws which we live by.
Many a Philosopher has struggled with these questions, and God tells us, He will explain what we desire to know when we return to Him.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
That's it? Why set the bar for our productivity so low?
Worship of God takes 15-30 mins a day, out of 24 hrs. The rest of the time we are commanded to live productive lives, help the community, help better mankind, do our part no matter how small to make the Planet a better place for all.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Most Atheists on here are former Christians who find the concept of God in the NT bizarre.

I find the concept somewhat bizarre, although I have gone through different stages of belief and non-belief during my life. I've found that a lot of people make assumptions about atheists and agnostics which don't really fit my own experience. I was initially baptized Catholic, but my early childhood was marked by abuse, manipulation, deception, and indoctrination - by parents and grandparents who supposedly "believed," yet did not even follow the commandments and principles of their own beliefs.

My father was raised in a Protestant denomination, but converted to Catholicism when he married my mother. I never understood why he did that, since most of his own family was anti-Catholic. Although I didn't start to question it until later in life. When my parents got divorced, my mother slowly drifted away from the Church and eventually converted to Hinduism. My father also left the Church and joined a Methodist church, which was the church of his new wife (my step-monster).

After I reached adulthood and was attending college, I was also working part-time at a hotel, where one of my co-workers was Muslim, and we had some rather long talks about religion. He was a Mexican-American who was also raised Catholic, but had converted to Islam some 20 years earlier. One of my classmates in high school (although I never really knew him, as he ran with a different crowd) was the son of a local Muslim cleric who had introduced a new translation of the Quran which other Muslims considered "heretical." He claimed to have discovered the mathematical code for the Quran, and he produced a series of videos which were cablecast over the local public access channel (before the days of the internet and YouTube). I'll admit that he almost had me convinced. He claimed that he had discovered God's true message and that the vast majority of Muslims were all wrong. I recall in one of his videos he even said that most Muslims were "in Satan's camp."

Of course, he had numerous death threats hanging over his head, and one morning he was found stabbed to death in his own mosque.

At that time, I had been volunteering at the local public access TV station - and there were quite a few religious people who had their own shows to "spread the word." I met two people who claimed to be the Messiah. One of them was a real fire-and-brimstone type, whose main shtick was in calling out Christians whom he felt were hypocrites. He felt that anyone who pays taxes to the government would be held just as guilty for the government's crimes. He was also in a running feud with a few of the Christian preachers in town, although many Christians were so offended by his rhetoric that he experienced death threats, a great deal of harassment, and even violent attacks - which he offered as "proof" that Christianity was hypocritical and false.

I have to admit I did somewhat admire the guy, even if he was a bit "off," so to speak. Even the local atheists liked him, since he was riling up some of the more obnoxious Christians around town. When speaking to him one to one, he came across as rather intelligent and knowledgeable about the Scriptures. I never actually believed that he was the Messiah, but I was convinced at that point that most or all established religions were probably false. Seeing how they react against the dissenters among them was what did it.

It seems to me that true believers would not be afraid of dissent or disagreement. True believers would not be offended by any perceived insult to their beliefs or anything they regard as "heresy."

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Most Atheists on here are former Christians who find the concept of God in the NT bizarre.

2aeplpt.jpg

But if it makes you happy, carry on.
You do not have the slightest idea, what group is doing what on here. Despite (responsible birthrates) in the west Christininiaty is the still the largest religion and growing. It isn't from us that defectors seem to being pouring out off. Even though irresponsible birth rates in the dead poor east, and leaving the religion being a capitol crime, Islam still has not caught up.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
There are infinitely many possible worldviews that contain no gods, not just one. This is why atheism isn't a worldview in and of itself. It's actually an umbrella term for many worldviews that just happen to have one point in common (i.e. that they don't include any gods).
You can't show a single recognizable universe is even possible without God. All your doing in metaphysically speculating.
I am following philosophy, history, science, etc.......

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
You do not have the slightest idea, what group is doing what on here. Despite (responsible birthrates) in the west Christininiaty is the still the largest religion and growing. It isn't from us that defectors seem to being pouring out off. Even though irresponsible birth rates in the dead poor east, and leaving the religion being a capitol crime, Islam still has not caught up.
Considering Christianity requires zero effort and zero works, allows you to eat and drink what you want, do what you want, only requires you accept Jesus pbuh and be granted eternal life, I'm surprised it's not the only religion in the whole World. 99.99% of Christians do not even understand the orthodox doctrine of who God is in Christianity. 100% of Christians can not explain it without showing they worship more than One God as required of them by Jesus pbuh and the Torah.

If pure Monotheism is the standard to be followed, as confirmed by the God of Abraham pbuh, then Islam overtook Christianity and Judaism combined by the end of the 8th Century.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Well, to be fair, I suppose no worse than religion.

images
So you know if all those prayers were answered, and if whether every promise of salvation was carried out. Great, I have God here to tell me all things. But wait a minute that makes you a disbeliever in yourself, me a believer in you. The only that that makes 100% false is your original premise.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

The universe emerged from a timeless, eternal substance that generates the seeds of all possible universes, one which could be amorphous and unconscious = God :D

God is formless and in some beliefs, dreaming so unconscious.
God-dreams.jpg

I don't know. Speculation is speculation. Some like to use the term God, some don't.

I don't believe anyone has any certainty about God myself. Folks just imagine what God may be like, or what started the universe for that matter.

I suspect I will never know. Someday I will die and cease to exist. None of what has been speculated about God or the beginning of the universe will matter.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Considering Christianity requires zero effort and zero works, allows you to eat and drink what you want, do what you want, only requires you accept Jesus pbuh and be granted eternal life, I'm surprised it's not the only religion in the whole World.
If you say so.

Hopefully at some point you will learn to appreciate religious diversity.