• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't angels need salvation?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The Bible actually backs that up.

"The sons of the true God" who materialized in Noah’s day, to indulge the pleasures of the flesh, were forced back to the spirit realm by the flood, where they were placed under restraint. There is no record of them manifesting in the flesh again, whereas faithful angels continued to do so.

The war in heaven mentioned in Revelation 12:7-12
And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.”

This identifies who the demons are.....satan’s angels....the devil’s henchmen.

When Jesus confronted them to cast them out their of their victims, they knew who he was and where they would eventually end up. They were compelled to obey him. Others who cast out those evil spirits also used Jesus’ name because of his God given authority over them,

I guess because they have great power and yet only exercise it when authorised by God to do so. Power corrupts all intelligent creatures if it is not exercised under God’s control. The devil stepped out of his boundaries and instead of using his power directly, he used deception and appeals to self interest.....gaining control of humans gave him all the power he needed to become their god and ruler. Others followed satan’s lead.....so we can respect those angels who remained faithful to God.....humans too, considering who is ruling this world. (1 John 5:19)

Will there ever be a time when God's creatures will be self sufficient, or will they remain God dependent for all of eternity?

As created creatures of God, and especially with their being enemies of God out there, I can understand the need for dependency on God. But eventually I would imagine all creatures loyal to God would eventually grow into friendship with God and become more independent.

I think God is more of a parent then until one day faithful people learn all their lessons.

MonkeyFire

They already have it. They were tested already and passed the test. Satan and the fallen angels failed the test.

You would burn Adam? Does perfection require safety if nothingness, including haters, non-believers, and evil people, were not part of nature?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Will there ever be a time when God's creatures will be self sufficient, or will they remain God dependent for all of eternity?

Absolutely!! Humankind, as well as the angels, needed to learn how to use their free will responsibly. Angels had obviously had no challenges in that department until the creation of humans. No one knows why satan made himself into a rebel, but he obviously wanted what rightfully belonged to God....worship. He harbored ambitions that he had no right to even entertain. He could not be a god to his fellow angels because they are his equal...but lower lifeforms with intelligence...now he had his opportunity to be a god to them. All he had to do was separate them from God...divide and conquer....its always been a favorite because it works.

As a free willed being, God allowed him to see where his rebellion would take him.....the humans had just as much opportunity to remain faithful to God, but satan tempted them with the very thing that had overcome him....self interest. The humans had everything they could ever want but satan made it appear as if they were missing out on something that God was withholding from them. He wasn't of course, but he allowed them to also see where a course of independence would take them, with little interference from himself.

Not content, satan wanted collaborators, so heaven knows what he told other angels to get them on his side.....?

As created creatures of God, and especially with their being enemies of God out there, I can understand the need for dependency on God. But eventually I would imagine all creatures loyal to God would eventually grow into friendship with God and become more independent.

Right again. When the lesson is over and all is said and done, everyone will be where they have placed themselves on judgment day. There will only be "sheep and goats".....there are no other categories and no fence to sit on...we are either one or the other, and God is the judge of that, through his son.

Those judged worthy of life, (passing that test of loyalty) will be ushered into paradise on earth to eventually welcome back all those they have lost in death. The earth was designed to be our permanent home because there was no reason to take anyone to heaven before Adam's sin. Heaven is already inhabited by spirits who were created to live there. We were designed for the earth....and the earth for us.

I think God is more of a parent then until one day faithful people learn all their lessons.

A good parent is a teacher. Passing on all their wisdom and experience....but not preventing life lessons that need to be learned first hand.....no one has more wisdom and experience than our heavenly Father. If only our first parents has realized this.

Still, painful and all as it was, it will benefit us for all eternity to come because no rebel will ever be able to challenge God's Sovereign right to set reasonable limits for his creation again....it was always only for their good.

Last edited:

Goodman John

The angels already in the spiritual realm are in no need of 'salvation' in the sense we think of it- they're already on the team and they get to play in the big game every day.

Those angels trapped in the physical realm- brought here by Satan by hook and crook- are the ones in need of what we think of as 'salvation' as they are placed within us to make us 'work' (through this combination of body- our 'human essence'- and spirit we have a 'soul'). In this sense, it's a process of recognition of our spiritual nature and purification by rejecting Satan's works (and the fun part is we're right in the middle of what he created) in order to escape the physical realm and get back to the spiritual.

If you don't manage to 'free your soul' when you die the spirit within you will just have to wait to be placed in another body and the game starts again. For my part, I tend believe that only the last soul (essence and spirit) gets to go; if our spirit is 'recycled' it loses that part of us and picks up a new one in its next body. (This leads me to the idea that once our essence is separated from the spirit it simply ceases to exist, although it's possible that some of it remains in a lesser form- this may tie into the whole 'remembering past lives' thing so that's something to chew on for a bit. But that's a WAY different area, and definitely not something I'm remotely educated on.)

(Note: Yes, I KNOW I've said this same sort of thing a number of times in my posts here and there, and for those whom it may bother I do apologize. I have yet to sit down and write a definitive Big Book of What I Believe and my wording still has a bad tendency to wander in my attempts to 'get it right'. So, fair warning, you'll probably see this again sooner or later :D)

(Note, Part 2: My terminology is a little different this time, with my using 'essence' to describe what makes us human. I had to laugh at myself a bit when I realized that this, combined with my thoughts on purity, might strike some as reminiscent of 'Purity Of Essence' as espoused by General RIpper in the film Dr Strangelove :D :D)

Last edited: