• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't angels need salvation?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Human imagination.
Really, it's no more difficult to understand than "Where did pixie, unicorns, or Yeti come from?".
Tom

I am willing to infer that the New Testament is based off of interpretation of the OT and that the authors did not pull the idea of demons out of thin air.

susanblange

Well, where did the demons come from then? Some churches teach that demons are the fallen angels. I did not make it up myself.

And, no, the Bible does not make much sense. I am not going to defend it.
Established religions over complicate these things. Angels are simply spirits in Heaven, and demons are spirits in Hell. Our fate is decided the day that we die. Cherubim are the only spiritual beings that were created in Heaven. They were created by God to keep him company but those relationships were not fulfilling so God reproduced himself and created Adam and Eve.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
the authors did not pull the idea of demons out of thin air.
No, they didn't.
They just didn't understand a great deal of what was going on.

For instance, they didn't understand that infection was caused by microscopic beings. They invented demons to explain infection.

Tom

susanblange

This makes no sense to me.
Why would I believe that?
Tom
I take it that you don't believe in the Judgment of God. God created us because he was lonely and he created Israel for his glory. We only get one chance at Heaven per life. Angels can be reincarnated if they choose to do so. Others have been sent back. Elijah, Gabriel, Michael, David, Deborah, Adam, and Jesus have all been reincarnated.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I take it that you don't believe in the Judgment of God.
It's your description of that which I find utterly implausible.

Why would the day of one's death be an important dividing line to our creator? It wouldn't.
But I can see why it would be important to humans who want to feed their ego.
Tom

susanblange

It's your description of that which I find utterly implausible.

Why would the day of one's death be an important dividing line to our creator? It wouldn't.
But I can see why it would be important to humans who want to feed their ego.
Tom
Upon death, the spirit separates from the soul/body. Usually, it goes to Heaven or Hell, but sometimes it's in limbo. "Ghost" is another term for spirit. Demons are cold and angels are warm. Upon the resurrection, Heaven will be emptied of the Seraphim. Zechariah 14:5. "...and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee".

susanblange

Why would I believe you?
Tom
Proverbs 3:5. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding". God is the creator of theology which began with Moses. God is also the end of theology to everyone who believes. He is the first and the last, Alpha and Omega.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Proverbs 3:5. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding". God is the creator of theology which began with Moses. God is also the end of theology to everyone who believes. He is the first and the last, Alpha and Omega.
The question was "Why would I believe you?"
Making another unsupported assertion isn't an answer to that question.
Tom

74x12

By deduction its implied. Where else would the demons in the Gospels come from.
children of angels with human women according to the book of Enoch. This makes sense btw. In my opinion a fallen angel itself would be too powerful to explain all the little demon imps running around bothering people. These imps are less powerful than an actual fallen angel but still a nuisance.

whirlingmerc

Human imagination.
Really, it's no more difficult to understand than "Where did pixie, unicorns, or Yeti come from?".
Tom

It's a sovereign choice of God. He uses what he wills for his name sake and glory.

I think
Angels are strong creatures that walk by sight.
People are weak creatures that walk by faith.

Angels do need the salvation (of people) to learn how gracious God is and the church is an object lesson for them ('things for which angels long to look' )

The redeemed from among mankind will be elevated higher than the angels.
('the saints shall judge the angels')

Goodman John

Good angels, bad angels... if God is nothing but Good, how did those angels become Bad? Did God give angels Free Will? And if so, why would he do that for beings supposedly intended to serve him? Why not wind up the robots and let them do their thing, never needing adjustment or correcting?

Or is there another creation-capable being/entity/god who can create bad angels?

Despite my misgivings on faith and religion in general, the idea of Dualism (Absolute or Mitigated) makes more sense than strict Monotheism.

Goodman John

I take it that you don't believe in the Judgment of God. God created us because he was lonely and he created Israel for his glory. We only get one chance at Heaven per life. Angels can be reincarnated if they choose to do so. Others have been sent back. Elijah, Gabriel, Michael, David, Deborah, Adam, and Jesus have all been reincarnated.

Does this not imply that God is faulty by being lonely, and at least a little conceited for creating a nation of people just to praise him?

Shemiyah

Why don't angels(the good ones)need salvation?

According to the Book of Hebrews 1:14 angels are ministering spirits sent forth to those who will inherit salvation. They are not in need of salvation, but do the gathering process of finding those who do need to be saved.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Angels are humans who have died and gone to Heaven. There are a couple of people who have been kicked out and reincarnated but that generally does not happen. In Heaven, if you were to do something that is worthy of death, you wouldn't have been admitted to Heaven in the first place. You also cannot go from Heaven to Hell or vice versa. What happens is you are reincarnated.

Do you make this stuff up ??? o_O

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Everybody knows the fallen angels are demons. Regular angels serve God loyally.

The Bible actually backs that up.

"The sons of the true God" who materialized in Noah’s day, to indulge the pleasures of the flesh, were forced back to the spirit realm by the flood, where they were placed under restraint. There is no record of them manifesting in the flesh again, whereas faithful angels continued to do so.

The war in heaven mentioned in Revelation 12:7-12
And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.”

This identifies who the demons are.....satan’s angels....the devil’s henchmen.

When Jesus confronted them to cast them out their of their victims, they knew who he was and where they would eventually end up. They were compelled to obey him. Others who cast out those evil spirits also used Jesus’ name because of his God given authority over them,

The better question is what makes angels( the good ones) so special?

I guess because they have great power and yet only exercise it when authorised by God to do so. Power corrupts all intelligent creatures if it is not exercised under God’s control. The devil stepped out of his boundaries and instead of using his power directly, he used deception and appeals to self interest.....gaining control of humans gave him all the power he needed to become their god and ruler. Others followed satan’s lead.....so we can respect those angels who remained faithful to God.....humans too, considering who is ruling this world. (1 John 5:19)

Last edited:

susanblange

They never sinned, so there's nothing they need to be saved from.
We have all sinned, including the Messiah.
Do you make this stuff up ??? o_O
Actually, I do make it up. I practice my own flavor of Judaism and most of my doctrine is original. I am a Fundamentalist and I take the scriptures at their plain, literal meaning. God started his cult with Abraham and again with Moses. Israel is his "elect".

susanblange

Does this not imply that God is faulty by being lonely, and at least a little conceited for creating a nation of people just to praise him?
God is human and we were created by him in his own image and likeness. God did not like being alone. What would you do if you were God? The purpose of life is life itself. Heaven is priceless and it's also a free gift. The righteous will never die.