• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Don't Amputees Have Enough Faith in God?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The "Why Doesn't God Cure Amputees" thread got me thinking. Obviously, God has it in his power to cure them, if they believe enough and prayed hard enough.

So, the real question is: Why Don't Amputees Have Enough Faith?" Obviously, if they did, they could be cured, along with cancer patients, those suffering from various infections, and those suffering from various other diseases that miraculously get cured by God.

You can only conclude that amputees have less faith than these other people - but WHY?

uhm you do know that its not that they don't get there arms and legs back because god demands an arm to grow an arm back?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
uhm you do know that its not that they don't get there arms and legs back because god demands an arm to grow an arm back?

God doesn't demand arms grow back?

Or he does demand it, but they don't grow back?

Please clarify.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Did you ever think maybe they got the disease or arm cut off because God was ****** off that they don't believe in him or have enough faith in him? I think the real question is this: Why are there so many healthy atheists left? Why do I still have my arms?

challupa

Or here's another possibility. Maybe it just isn't God! Maybe if we want to start growing back our limbs our scientists need to get going on figure out how to do that! Then we will! Faith and goodness have nothing to do with it. It's time for our us to realize we are responsible for our own welfare and quit relying on a God to do everything for us!:yes:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Did you ever think maybe they got the disease or arm cut off because God was ****** off that they don't believe in him or have enough faith in him? I think the real question is this: Why are there so many healthy atheists left? Why do I still have my arms?

Excellent point.

I am irreverant to god(s) all the time and engage in sacrilegious conversation and behavior on a regular basis, yet none of the various gods has punished me in any way. I am happy, healthy, fairly well-off, and generally enjoy life, in addition to having full use of all my limbs.

Yet, I constantly hear christians and muslims harp on about how tough life is and how god is putting them through trials, and how this is supposed to somehow benefit them.

I'm beginning to think that if there are any god(s), it/they like atheists better.

challupa

Excellent point.

I am irreverant to god(s) all the time and engage in sacrilegious conversation and behavior on a regular basis, yet none of the various gods has punished me in any way. I am happy, healthy, fairly well-off, and generally enjoy life, in addition to having full use of all my limbs.

Yet, I constantly hear christians and muslims harp on about how tough life is and how god is putting them through trials, and how this is supposed to somehow benefit them.

I'm beginning to think that if there are any god(s), it/they like atheists better.
Maybe we have it better because we don't just sit around on our hands waiting for god to make everything better. Or maybe we don't expect better treatment just for being pious and good. Maybe we realize we get back from life what we put into it!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Because their faith, if they ever had it, was shaken by their mutilation, obviously. :p

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
The "Why Doesn't God Cure Amputees" thread got me thinking. Obviously, God has it in his power to cure them, if they believe enough and prayed hard enough.

So, the real question is: Why Don't Amputees Have Enough Faith?" Obviously, if they did, they could be cured, along with cancer patients, those suffering from various infections, and those suffering from various other diseases that miraculously get cured by God.

You can only conclude that amputees have less faith than these other people - but WHY?
Amputees don't have less faith they have enough faith to know that whatever has happened that they can make it through.....God didn't promise us that every thing would always be perfect and that we wouldn't have troubles and trials but He did promise He would be there with us to help us through it.....
Actually the amputees probably aren't worrying nearly as much about their handicap as some people who are trying to measure their faith.....
Like some parents of children who are born with a defect whether it be mental or physical handicap, that child is not a handicap or burden but often times a real blessing to the parents....
You don't always pray for a miracle but for the faith to accept whatever happens...That's when faith is really put to the test....;)

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Excellent point.

God just finds it useless to even deal with us. Why even bother? If he "tests" atheists' faith, he already knows they will fail, so why bother?

J Bryson

It's quite simple:

If amputees are missing a hand or arm, they obviously cannot put their hands together to pray.

If they are missing a leg, they cannot effectively kneel.

Therefore, they cannot pray correctly, meaning that they will not be healed.