• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn't God cure amputees?

logician

The simple answer is there is no god curing anyone, amputee or otherwise. That said, why doesn't a supposed benevolent god prevent needless suffering?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
The simple answer is there is no god curing anyone, amputee or otherwise. That said, why doesn't a supposed benevolent god prevent needless suffering?
Perhaps because suffering isn't needless from its perspective.

Sententia

And yet, would God want to promote laziness? So that when we start to question He'll just appear and go "Wow, wow I'm still here!" If you search for truth, you'll find it. Search in books, in personal religious accounts, on the Internet, search and you'll find truth.

Atheist's are lazy in their disbelief?

What makes you think I have not found the truth?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Storms first answer was quite to the issue.
Not all faiths believe in an interventionist god.

Mine doesn't.
Many of these "why doesn't god ___?" seem to be directed Christian or the Big Three Monotheist concepts of god.

Why should god cure anyone of anything?

wa:do

herushura

What about Cancer, Common Cold, Genetic Disorders, Down Syndrome, thre is no evidence that god heals people, people in those chruce places were a man heals people through god, it complete
brain confusion, I have seen them do it, they put the people in somesort of trance, and then the patients believe anything is true , they even believe they have been healed.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend TerranIV,

Why doesn't God cure amputees?
I just heard this question posed the other day:

"If god can miraculously cure people who are suffering from disease, why doesn't god cure amputees?"

I heard this from the guys over at whywontgodhealamputees.com and I was amazed at why I never thought of that before. If god has special powers and can do "miracles" why does he/she/it NEVER cure amputees? What is it about people with disease which makes them candidates for god's mercy but not amputees? Are starfish more loved by god than humans?

I'm curious for theists' and deists' answers to this question.

Did god ever say he has powers to cure/heal anyone?
Its all imagination of human mind even the existence of god.

Love & rgds

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
One could sensibly, and possibly poetically, argue, within the context of a "God" that exists (in whatever form), that God does cure amputees, every one of them, everyday. "God" is the doctor who treats their injury; "God" is the phychologist who talks to them; "God" is the craftman who creates an artificial limb, and the craft by which it comes into being and gets attached. Seems to "me" there's a lot of healing going on.

danny vee

Atheist's are lazy in their disbelief?

What makes you think I have not found the truth?

Why would you think I said atheists are lazy? I just said that God would not want to promote laziness. And I also, never said you hadn't found the truth. You're assuming things that I never wrote. I wrote that if you truly search, you will find the truth. The truth is different for everyone and yet there's only one truth. If you have searched thoroughly, and truly, and you can look me in the eye and say "I have found the truth!" then I applaud you. If not, then continue searching.

TerranIV

Infidel
I figure the amputee doesn't need curing.

Why would someone who got their head cut off NOT want to be cured? :)

You would think SOMEONE at SOME POINT in history would either say a quick silent prayer about it before (or after) or their loved ones would say something about it to God. If I was told "Ask and it shall be given unto you." by an all powerful god I would sure ask for my loved ones decapitation to be cured!

Last edited:

TerranIV

Infidel
There is nothing to "cure". You can live without an arm or leg. However, if part of your liver is cut off, it will grow back.

Not if you are cut in half or if your head is cut off.

While we're at it, why don't people who are stabbed in the heart get cured? Why does god cure a cut in your finger but can't cure a cut in a vital organ? I guess you could say he invented doctors, but that was probably not very comforting to people dying thousands of years ago.

Battlefield 200 B.C.
Dying Man: "I just got stabbed in the heart, please, God, cure me!"
God: "I won't cure you, but I will invent medicine in a few thousand years and then if there is a doctor or paramedic around and that person prays to me I might cure them."
Dying Man: "Not helpful!"

TerranIV

Infidel
most amputy's have the wound closed already in order to cure them god would need to harm them first and i got the feeling god's a bit opposed to the whole harming human's thing

Why would he need to harm them to cure them? Starfish and lizards grow back their arms and tails respectively with no harm. Do babies suffer harm when they grow their arms and legs in the womb?

Scientists are working on a chemical spray which could be applied to a severed finger to grow it back. They have already gotten one persons tip of their finger to grow back. I supose if it ever works THEN god will get credit for creating it. :)