• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn't everyone just be honest

We Never Know

No Slack
I'm mean really...

Christian dislike atheist and athiest dislike christians. They will never agree.

Democrats dislike republicans and republicans dislike democrats. They will never agree.

We are all different in some ways. That doesn't mean there isnt a way to find a compromise.. except it seems not many want that. Its the old adage of "my way or the highway".

Humans are their own worst enemy.. And sadly the worst enemy to every other species.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm mean really...

Christian dislike atheist and athiest dislike christians. They will never agree.

Democrats dislike republicans and republicans dislike democrats. They will never agree.

We are all different in some ways. That doesn't mean there isnt a way to find a compromise.. except it seems not many want that. Its the old adage of "my way or the highway".

Humans are their own worst enemy.. And sadly the worst enemy to every other species.
Well we are animalistic primates. It's the hard wiring throughout evolution imv.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Agree? That would be like dogs and cats agreeing on what's more important - sniffing butts or knocking things off shelves.

Dislike? That's another matter. I disagree with people all the time but that does not mean that I dislike them.

But that's not the title of this thread which is about honesty. Honesty is about more than just being totally factual or being using facts as a club. Honesty includes taking into account one's feelings about someone else. If I love someone, what I say to the person has to include how I feel otherwise it's not being truly honest.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I'm mean really...

Because honesty will often lead to the loss of a cherished belief. We can see that everywhere. We all have it to some degree, but at times like this we can see the beliefs of some people very very clearly.

We Never Know

No Slack
Because honesty will often lead to the loss of a cherished belief. We can see that everywhere. We all have it to some degree, but at times like this we can see the beliefs of some people very very clearly.

Yet no one, not even you, know if a god exists or not. So it really comes down to choice.

We Never Know

No Slack
Agree? That would be like dogs and cats agreeing on what's more important - sniffing butts or knocking things off shelves.

Dislike? That's another matter. I disagree with people all the time but that does not mean that I dislike them.

But that's not the title of this thread which is about honesty. Honesty is about more than just being totally factual or being using facts as a club. Honesty includes taking into account one's feelings about someone else. If I love someone, what I say to the person has to include how I feel otherwise it's not being truly honest.

Yes. Some disagree, some dislike. This forum wreaks of both lol

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yet no one, not even you, know if a god exists or not. So it really comes down to choice.

Not quite. Of course I have said that I do not know. But if one reasons rationally atheism is how one has to go. If one wants to believe, and that is their right, then fine. But if one tries to claim that their belief is rational they need to be able to support it. I don't mind people that say that they are a Christian because it appeals to them. i do have a problem that try to claim that they have to be right and cannot support it. Remember, atheism is not a statement that there is no God, it is a lack of belief in God because believers have not fulfilled their burden of proof. Show me clear evidence and I will change my mind. I can give past examples when I have done just that. For me atheism is not a choice because I try to reason rationally.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

This atheist has little problem with most Christians, though some are a pain, as are some atheists.

My problem is with people tell me what i don't like and what i should do.

F1fan

Veteran Member
So if an adult makes the choice that the Tooth Fairy exists it is a sound use of the mind?

It's not mere choice. Making judgments should be something we take seriously and soberly. If some concept lacks evidence the only sound option is to not believe it.

We Never Know

No Slack
Not quite. Of course I have said that I do not know. But if one reasons rationally atheism is how one has to go. If one wants to believe, and that is their right, then fine. But if one tries to claim that their belief is rational they need to be able to support it. I don't mind people that say that they are a Christian because it appeals to them. i do have a problem that try to claim that they have to be right and cannot support it. Remember, atheism is not a statement that there is no God, it is a lack of belief in God because believers have not fulfilled their burden of proof. Show me clear evidence and I will change my mind. I can give past examples when I have done just that. For me atheism is not a choice because I try to reason rationally.

I didn't mention claim or rational.

Atheism doesn't depend on believers fulfilling their burden of proof.

As I said. "Yet no one, not even you, know if a god exists or not. So it really comes down to choice."

That statement is for believers and atheists because neither knows.

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
I literally do not care if someone likes cats more than dogs, or waffles more than pancakes. I don't mind compromising with people of differing opinions during group projects or work meetings either.

But there are some things that I refuse to compromise on. And those are things concerning human rights in the law. Namely human rights that have little to no impact on others except the person accepting the risk, such as gay, trans, and racial rights. People can have (in my opinion) moronic beliefs about these groups of people, and I will not go out of my way to bother them about it. But the moment they try to take those beliefs to court and strip me of my rights.... yeah, all bets are off. I won't even associate with those people. This isn't just "accepting one another". These people are putting me in danger. They don't deserve my respect or acceptance.

They aren't people I disagree with anymore. They are threats to my existence.

We Never Know

No Slack
This atheist has little problem with most Christians, though some are a pain, as are some atheists.

My problem is with people tell me what i don't like and what i should do.

"My problem is with people tell me what i don't like and what i should do."

I've seen that.

However I've also seen the other side if the coin where people tell others their believe is false, no gods exists, get educated, etc.

Which goes back to the OP

We Never Know

No Slack
So if an adult makes the choice that the Tooth Fairy exists it is a sound use of the mind?

It's not mere choice. Making judgments should be something we take seriously and soberly. If some concept lacks evidence the only sound option is to not believe it.

Is the tooth fairy a god? Do they worship the tooth fairy and look to the tooth fairy for salvation?

That's comparing apples to oranges.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science of men as humans said God was earths terms for science.

They see their god in science terms and always had.

It's only Theists who pretend that God exists unseen.

So again you ask science what don't you see in science,?

Spirit clear gas. An exact teaching. Science terms.

If you ask a human spiritual self what spirit do you believe in.

I live inside the heavens. I'm notified of the gas spirit state that records human image as the living human. Records voice spoken by the living human.

Knowing it's a Scientific status.

In the aware presence of a living human.

Seen it.

That state recorded a vision of our first human mother entering as a Spirit body. That showed me the human body changed in the presence of rock and wood. It said so self notified. In the memory my mother human my life.

I'm from an ovary. It was first mother humans direct life inheritance. Seen it...was taught be act like me in my memory a woman.

So I tried to. Failed many times as I'm only re learning myself. As behaviours.

I knew it real I've had physical yet unseen spirit interaction as many different types. Why it's learnt.

Taught exactly why as origin human gave oxygenated bio living water to cool technology...machine use changed our bio life.

Made logical common sense. It doesn't own any argument. Other than. Man telling me I have to prove it to him as a human thinker scientist.

The part spirit origin is not in created creation and no human will ever prove. The advice says so.

And I don't need your so called intelligent approval either....by what I've experienced.

No different from you experiencing science. My experience is personal only.

As I am a living human I never understood why humans termed science criminal murder behaviours....said it in review as man to men think a human in personal experience is comparable to a machine.

And the fact that threat to human life loss is involved in a belief of their scientific gain...for just humans living also just humans.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm mean really...

In the political realm it is true that we increasingly don't have an appetite for compromise. And even see compromise as weak or somehow immoral. Personally I think it's probably a good thing to encourage some compromises (abortion seems ripe for that opportunity), but how to actually make that happen is the tough part.

On a personal level, I think there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and disliking them. I like lots of Christians I know, despite not sharing their faith anymore. I also even like some conservatives and libertarians! (Gasp!)

It also depends on what the disagreements are actually about. If you think it should be illegal for me to marry a man, or for my employer to be able to fire me because I'm gay...yeah, I'm not going to be your biggest fan. And rightly so.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I didn't mention claim or rational.

Atheism doesn't depend on believers fulfilling their burden of proof.

As I said. "Yet no one, not even you, know if a god exists or not. So it really comes down to choice."

That statement is for believers and atheists because neither knows.
Yes, I did misword that a bit. I should have said that the evidence required for a rational belief does not seem to exist. That was an error on my part.

At any rate it does not "come down to choice" unless you call opting to reason rationally a choice.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
This is the Summit of Arrogance
The best way to destroy all humanity
The real Anti Christ, the real Satan, poison

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That doesn't mean there isn't a way to find a compromise.. except it seems not many want that.
If many do not want it, then do not attempt it. Be honest to yourself and let others be honest to themselves. Why compromise? That is dishonest.
Where does being Christian (of a dispensation different than yours) or Muslim or Hindu or atheist hurt you?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If many do not want it, then do not attempt it. Be honest to yourself and let others be honest to themselves. Why compromise? That is dishonest.
Where does being Christian (of a dispensation different than yours) or Muslim or Hindu or atheist hurt you?
I don't know. I think that @We Never Know has a valid point. For example the Republicans look as if they are going to learn a very expensive lesson about compromise. They listened only to the most radical of their supporters when it came to abortion and now they are realizing that most people think that it should be legal. Once Roe v Wade was overturned several states wasted no time in passing extremely limiting abortion laws. Now that it looks as if there will be some major unexpected losses in November they are very ready to compromise. The wise thing to do would have been to compromise earlier since now it looks as if the Democrats are going to get what they wanted and the right will have a very hard time appealing to the abortion extremists in the future.