• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn’t God communicate directly to everyone?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Before the Baha'i Faith, do you really think Islam had the truth? Then which sect? But before Islam, which religion had the truth? Judaism? The Orthodox Church? The Roman Church? Or none of them?

But then why would a Christian Church that had misconceptions, like Jesus is God and a belief in a Satan, abrogate Judaism? A Jew would have been foolish to follow the false beliefs of Christianity.
Before the Bahai Faith, the Qur'an had the truth. It still does but it does not have the updates. When it split into sects it got further from the truth because it became the religion of man, not the religion of God.

Christianity always had part of the truth because that is in the Bible. It was the Church that distorted that truth by misinterpreting the Bible. The same thing happened in Judaism, although to a lesser degree. Judaism is closer to the truth about God but its customs and practices are outdated.

Simply put, Jews who became Christians during Jesus' day did so because they recognized Jesus as the Messiah. The Jews who did not recognize Jesus remained in Judaism. It was only later that the Church created the false beliefs of Christianity but by then those Jews had already come to believe in Jesus and Christianity was passed down through the generations.
The Christian Church did not abrogate Judaism. Jesus abrogated Judaism by bringing a new Revelation from God with a new message and new social teachings.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How can the average person know or trust who is telling them the truth about God? Christians say Jesus the only way to gain salvation for your sins and avoid going to hell... Suppose God's perfect judgement. All of that is based on the NT and selected parts of the Jewish Bible. It is proclaimed, with "proofs" to be the inerrant Word of God. Baha'is now, 2000 years later, say the Christians got it wrong.
We are not supposed to trust what other people tell us. We are supposed to independently investigate the truth for ourselves. Independent Investigation of Truth.
Management and freewill? God supposedly said for people to listen to his son. His son is the manager. He didn't write a thing, but his followers wrote down everything people need to know what God, the big absentee manager in the sky, wants us to do... and that is do whatever Jesus said. And how "free" is our will if we choose to disobey what Jesus taught? Sure we can do whatever we want and then God will condemn us to hell... great. Doing our will is pretty costly.
We are free to believe whatever we want to. Just because there is a punishment does not mean we are not free. A kid is free to steal a cookie from the cookie jar knowing that mom might catch him and punish him. I am not saying that God punishes people or condemns us to hell... We send ourselves to hell by turning away from God since hell simply means distance from God. Conversely, heaven is nearness to God.

“He who shall accept and believe, shall receive his reward; and he who shall turn away, shall receive none other than his own punishment.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 339

God said to listen to Jesus but now God is saying listen to Baha’u’llah. That is how we know God and get near to God.
But not only Baha'is are saying that all that stuff about salvation and hell is wrong, the Muslims are saying that also. And Baha'is say that Islam superseded Christianity. But which Islam? Sunni? Shia? Or some other? Or none of them, because they are wrong too? No, religion is a mess. Each does contradict the other. And some of us are not enthralled over the Baha'i Faith. We have questions and doubts, because too many things don't add up. Like this OP, God spoke to Adam and Eve. God spoke from the sky. Krishna, as an incarnation of God, spoke. God spoke to the prophets in the Jewish Scriptures. All wrong? Sure, I doubt it happened. But I don't claim that all these religions are true and from God. To claim that doesn't only make God a bad manager, but a horrible memo writer.
The reason you are so confused is because you keep looking back at the older religions and you cannot extricate yourself from them. The reason that Baha'u'llah wrote “This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal” is because the older religions have been abrogated and by looking at them (except as history) one just gets confused.

“This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination. Thou dost witness how most of the commentaries and interpretations of the words of God, now current amongst men, are devoid of truth. Their falsity hath, in some cases, been exposed when the intervening veils were rent asunder. They themselves have acknowledged their failure in apprehending the meaning of any of the words of God.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 171-172

I am not confused because I don’t look at those religions. All of them can be put into context and understood as part of God’s unfolding Plan, but only by looking through the Baha’i lens. If you look at them individually, you will never make sense of them.

If you do not like the Baha’i Faith and you have known about it as long as I have, since 1970, then chances are you will never like it, unless you change your understanding of it, or learn some new things about it you do not know. But at the end of the day, God guides whomsoever He will, although we still have to use our free will to choose...

“Great indeed is this Day! The allusions made to it in all the sacred Scriptures as the Day of God attest its greatness. The soul of every Prophet of God, of every Divine Messenger, hath thirsted for this wondrous Day. All the divers kindreds of the earth have, likewise, yearned to attain it. No sooner, however, had the Day Star of His Revelation manifested itself in the heaven of God’s Will, than all, except those whom the Almighty was pleased to guide, were found dumbfounded and heedless.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh,, p. 11

“So blind hath become the human heart that neither the disruption of the city, nor the reduction of the mountain in dust, nor even the cleaving of the earth, can shake off its torpor. The allusions made in the Scriptures have been unfolded, and the signs recorded therein have been revealed, and the prophetic cry is continually being raised. And yet all, except such as God was pleased to guide, are bewildered in the drunkenness of their heedlessness!”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh,, p. 39

Nobody can know who those guided people are and you cannot know if you are one of those people until you take your last breath. However, there are certain hints in the Writings of Baha’u’llah why some are guided and others are not... If one obstinately rejects the Faith, God is not going to override their right to choose.

"Some were guided by the Light of God, gained admittance into the court of His presence, and quaffed, from the hand of resignation, the waters of everlasting life, and were accounted of them that have truly recognized and believed in Him. Others rebelled against Him, and rejected the signs of God, the Most Powerful, the Almighty, the All-Wise.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 145

However, people who make efforts will be guided...

“Whoso maketh efforts for Us,” he shall enjoy the blessings conferred by the words: “In Our Ways shall We assuredly guide him.””

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 266-267

Bird123

I do not limit myself. God limits me by barring access.

God does not show people anything except through His Messenger. So how much do you think you miss when you reject that Messenger and His message?

My belief does not Blind me to anything. It opens my eyes to the Truth about God.

Where do you think that you get Total Truth and knowledge? Please answer that question.

The Messenger of God is not weak or limited in knowledge. He has God’s knowledge, which is all knowledge, even though He does not reveal that knowledge to humanity all at once, since we do not need all of it and we are not capable of understanding it all at one time.

“Oh, would that the world could believe Me! Were all the things that lie enshrined within the heart of Bahá, and which the Lord, His God, the Lord of all names, hath taught Him, to be unveiled to mankind, every man on earth would be dumbfounded.

How great the multitude of truths which the garment of words can never contain! How vast the number of such verities as no expression can adequately describe, whose significance can never be unfolded, and to which not even the remotest allusions can be made! How manifold are the truths which must remain unuttered until the appointed time is come! Even as it hath been said: “Not everything that a man knoweth can be disclosed, nor can everything that he can disclose be regarded as timely, nor can every timely utterance be considered as suited to the capacity of those who hear it.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 176

Messengers of God do not come to control or rule others. That is utterly ludicrous. They come only to teach humanity the Truth as it is revealed to them by God. Messengers of God have been sent from the dawn of human history and religion has thus always existed. It did not start to exist when the Bible was written. Religion will never become obsolete. Messengers will continue to be sent throughout all of eternity. God’s guidance and grace comes to us through His Messengers, whether you realize it or not.

“Can one of sane mind ever seriously imagine that, in view of certain words the meaning of which he cannot comprehend, the portal of God’s infinite guidance can ever be closed in the face of men? Can he ever conceive for these Divine Luminaries, these resplendent Lights either a beginning or an end? What outpouring flood can compare with the stream of His all-embracing grace, and what blessing can excel the evidences of so great and pervasive a mercy? There can be no doubt whatever that if for one moment the tide of His mercy and grace were to be withheld from the world, it would completely perish. For this reason, from the beginning that hath no beginning the portals of Divine mercy have been flung open to the face of all created things, and the clouds of Truth will continue to the end that hath no end to rain on the soil of human capacity, reality and personality their favors and bounties. Such hath been God’s method continued from everlasting to everlasting.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 68-69

Of course I questioned my beliefs before accepting them as Truth.

What Facts are you talking about, scientific facts? I do not deny any Facts. Why does Belief have to conflict with the Facts? One must always be open for the truth that exists that one does not agree with. Are you open to the possibility that the Messenger of God brings a message from God that is the Truth from God for this age?

Simply put, God needs Messengers to bring His messages to humanity. God does not reveal His Essence because God is above anything that can ever be recounted or perceived. Instead, God manifests Himself in the Person of His Messenger who has all of God Attributes and reveals God’s Will for every age of history.

God’s System IS the Messengers. It depends upon the Messengers. That is the only way God communicates to humanity. There is Intelligence far beyond mankind's ideas but no human has access to that Intelligence. Only God has access to that.

It is the opposite of that really. The reason people turn away from the Messenger of God is because of their Ego, since they refuse to accept the Fact that someone has more knowledge than they have.

You have had no conversation with God. You just imagine that. Nobody has a conversation with God except God’s Messengers. What, do you think you are a Prophet?

No, you are not a Messenger because you got no message from God.

The Messengers of God do not attempt to control our actions and they do not use God as a threat to alter our actions. They merely reveal teachings that guide us and help us live a better life and discover the Truth for ourselves. How are you able to do that? Do you have teachings written in a book or is your message simply that everyone has to do their own thing and discover the Truth for themselves? Logically speaking, can’t you see how that would be problematic? What one person thinks is Truth could be completely wrong. What if my Truth was that all black people are inferior to whites, that women are inferior to men?

I have no disagreement with that. I listen to others but I make my own choices.

Thanks... you have mine too. :)

Your quote:God limits me by barring access. My Answer: God is not barring anyone access.

Your quote:Where do you think that you get Total Truth and knowledge? Please answer that question. My Answer: Let's look around us at this world. Since the caveman days and before, mankind had to struggle to acquire knowledge. It has not been served up on a silver platter. This includes religion. When mankind opens a door, it leads to more avenues to discover more. Where does Total Truth and knowledge come from? God places it all around us. It stares us in the facing waiting to be Discovered.

Do you know what God's Greatest Moment is? God's Greatest moment is when that light bulb goes off over someone's head and they Understand. This can be with any subject not just religion. You try to separate scientific facts with religious facts but don't you understand, they are all the same.

Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. There are pieces of the puzzle in all religions, however religions are mankind's creation. Look closely. They reflect mankind.

your quote:Are you open to the possibility that the Messenger of God brings a message from God that is the Truth from God for this age? My answer: When everything about the messages do not add up, when they reflect the petty things mankind hold so dear, they are not God regardless of how I might feel about them. You forget. God is not a Belief. I know God. I know God's system. I know what God is doing with this world and people. I know God's goal. Still, there is so much for this hungry student to discover. My experience with God shows me that religion falls short. I do not know any religion that understands God. On the other hand, all have pieces of the puzzle.

Your Quote:They merely reveal teachings that guide us and help us live a better life and discover the Truth for ourselves. How are you able to do that? Do you have teachings written in a book or is your message simply that everyone has to do their own thing and discover the Truth for themselves? My Answer: God is Teaching His children. God needs no books. God's children are Living their Lessons through their free choices. You can write books and preach til you are blue in the face. That is not what teaches. When one understands all sides, intelligence will make the best choices. When one understands all sides, the bad choice is no longer a viable choice

Your Quote:What one person thinks is Truth could be completely wrong. What if my Truth was that all black people are inferior to whites, that women are inferior to men? My Answer: Truth is often wrong when Beliefs are repeated long enough to convince one they are the truth. Just like with the atom, truth must be constantly questioned. Truth is corrected to be truth. Has religion corrected anything? Beliefs do not have to be corrected. Just recite them long enough to be accepted and everything else will be ignored.

Oh yes, we are all Spiritual beings in our true natures. Our bodies regardless of their parameters are merely our transportation in this world. Who one really is, is all that really counts.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I disagree with that, Bible message is the best and good, there is no need for new, because the new couldn’t be better.

But please explain, why you need new message? Why Bible message (love, even your enemies) is not good enough for you?
It's worse then that. Baha'is have said that the Christian message brought by Jesus, was replaced by the new message from God brought by Muhammad. So, for Baha'is, Christianity has been irrelevant for more than 1000 years.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It's worse then that. Baha'is have said that the Christian message brought by Jesus, was replaced by the new message from God brought by Muhammad. So, for Baha'is, Christianity has been irrelevant for more than 1000 years.
The eternal spiritual verities of Christianity as they were conveyed in the Gospels will always be relevant just as the eternal spiritual verities of the Qur'an will always be relevant. Their teachings and laws have been supplemented and renewed by the Baha'i teachings and laws that conform to the needs of the fast evolving and constantly changing society we now live in, and a new message of universal peace and world unity has been delivered, which is the fulfillment of John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

“In conclusion of this theme, I feel, it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it, upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, preserves inviolate the sanctity of their authentic Scriptures, disclaims any intention of lowering the status of their Founders or of abating the spiritual ideals they inculcate, clarifies and correlates their functions, reaffirms their common, their unchangeable and fundamental purpose, reconciles their seemingly divergent claims and doctrines, readily and gratefully recognizes their respective contributions to the gradual unfoldment of one Divine Revelation, unhesitatingly acknowledges itself to be but one link in the chain of continually progressive Revelations, supplements their teachings with such laws and ordinances as conform to the imperative needs, and are dictated by the growing receptivity, of a fast evolving and constantly changing society, and proclaims its readiness and ability to fuse and incorporate the contending sects and factions into which they have fallen into a universal Fellowship, functioning within the framework, and in accordance with the precepts, of a divinely conceived, a world-unifying, a world-redeeming Order.”
God Passes By, p. 100

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The eternal spiritual verities of Christianity as they were conveyed in the Gospels will always be relevant just as the eternal spiritual verities of the Qur'an will always be relevant. Their teachings and laws have been supplemented and renewed by the Baha'i teachings and laws that conform to the needs of the fast evolving and constantly changing society we now live in, and a new message of universal peace and world unity has been delivered, which is the fulfillment of John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

“In conclusion of this theme, I feel, it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it, upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, preserves inviolate the sanctity of their authentic Scriptures, disclaims any intention of lowering the status of their Founders or of abating the spiritual ideals they inculcate, clarifies and correlates their functions, reaffirms their common, their unchangeable and fundamental purpose, reconciles their seemingly divergent claims and doctrines, readily and gratefully recognizes their respective contributions to the gradual unfoldment of one Divine Revelation, unhesitatingly acknowledges itself to be but one link in the chain of continually progressive Revelations, supplements their teachings with such laws and ordinances as conform to the imperative needs, and are dictated by the growing receptivity, of a fast evolving and constantly changing society, and proclaims its readiness and ability to fuse and incorporate the contending sects and factions into which they have fallen into a universal Fellowship, functioning within the framework, and in accordance with the precepts, of a divinely conceived, a world-unifying, a world-redeeming Order.” God Passes By, p. 100
What laws did Jesus bring? What laws of Islam replace them?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Advocating something in writing is irrelevant because they never did what was in the writings. Did the Babis turn people out of their homes?
What an extraordinary attitude, but no different from what I expect from Bahais in denial about their history.
Just try writing such incitements to commit robbery, murder and treason today, and see what would happen to you.
And in Persia that alone would attract the death sentence, all capital criminal offences.
And for a religious leader to write such disgraces is just a bad joke.

Did the Babis rob and mistreat people? Did the Babis kill people with guns, other than in an effort to defend themselves from Muslim attacks? I think not.
Yep........ they were very very aggressive. They also tried to assassinate Persian leaders.

What about the disgraceful behavior of the Muslims, slaughtering over 20,000 Babis?
Challenged!
Let's see your evidence for 20,000 slaughters!
Certainly the Babis did over-run a fortified area or buildings and hold out against attempts to retake the same. Certainly a couple of thousands got killed in the action.

But they were the insurrectionists, the traitors, the apostates. You're full of Bahai propaganda.

What about the Martyrdom of the Bab? What justified that?
Have I got to write the list out again?? !!! That wasn't a martyrdom, it was the execution of a treacherous apostate in a Muslim country!
You've been thoroughly brainwashed, imo.

As usual, you only look at one side of the issue, the side you want to see.
I researched objectively.
Now, please look in any mirror and say your sentence back to yourself..... 'You only look ....... at the side you want to see'.

What I am shocked by is the cruelty inflicted upon the Babis by some of the influential Muslims who joined forces with the clergy.
Are you really shocked by cruelties inflicted upon treason and apostasy in a Mid Eastern country in the early part of the 1800's. You're having a laugh!
In England we were still 'slow' hanging petty criminals outside Newgate prison. Wealthy folks could pay to be present at and have breakfast with the convicts, to enjoy their countenances in the comfort and safety of the knowledge that they would still be alive to digest all.
If a convict had a gold coin for the executioner then s/he would die more quickly as the executioner climbed up on their shoulders and bounced on them as they dangled. And the crowds l;oved the clowning around.

The Bab was lucky for a quick death............ crucifixion, by comparison, was utterly horrific.

Why don't you wake up to truth?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My quote: God limits me by barring access. Your Answer: God is not barring anyone access.
What do you mean by access? Do you think you have direct access to God, direct communication to God and communication back from God?

So do you think that atheists have access to God and they just do not realize it?
My quote: Where do you think that you get Total Truth and knowledge? Please answer that question. Your Answer: Let's look around us at this world. Since the caveman days and before, mankind had to struggle to acquire knowledge. It has not been served up on a silver platter. This includes religion. When mankind opens a door, it leads to more avenues to discover more. Where does Total Truth and knowledge come from? God places it all around us. It stares us in the facing waiting to be Discovered.

Do you know what God's Greatest Moment is? God's Greatest moment is when that light bulb goes off over someone's head and they Understand. This can be with any subject not just religion. You try to separate scientific facts with religious facts but don't you understand, they are all the same.

Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. There are pieces of the puzzle in all religions, however religions are mankind's creation. Look closely. They reflect mankind.
Religions are established by God through the Messengers of God who bring a revelation from God..

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

These originally revealed religions are pristine at the time of revelation but after humans have been swimming around in the scriptures for centuries, they become like dirty water in a lake, even polluted. So the original message that God sought to convey can no longer be seen through the dirty water. It is then that religions have become mankind's creation. They reflect mankind instead of God’s Word.
My quote: Are you open to the possibility that the Messenger of God brings a message from God that is the Truth from God for this age? Your answer: When everything about the messages do not add up, when they reflect the petty things mankind hold so dear, they are not God regardless of how I might feel about them.
The messages from God are not petty. All the religions that were revealed by God contain spiritual guidance and teachings that endure through history for the spiritual guidance of humanity, but the ancient religions are cloaked in the culture over the millennia, lack original scripture, and have been subject to highly variable interpretation of the many divisions over time. That is precisely why they do not add up.

The teachings and laws of the older religions have been renewed by the Baha'i teachings and laws that conform to the needs of the fast evolving and constantly changing society we now live in, and a new message of universal peace and world unity has been delivered.
You forget. God is not a Belief. I know God. I know God's system. I know what God is doing with this world and people. I know God's goal. Still, there is so much for this hungry student to discover. My experience with God shows me that religion falls short. I do not know any religion that understands God. On the other hand, all have pieces of the puzzle.
How do you know God's system, what God is doing with this world and people, and God's goal? What experience do you think you had with God? How do you know it was God and not your imagination?
My Quote: They merely reveal teachings that guide us and help us live a better life and discover the Truth for ourselves. How are you able to do that? Do you have teachings written in a book or is your message simply that everyone has to do their own thing and discover the Truth for themselves? Your Answer: God is Teaching His children. God needs no books. God's children are Living their Lessons through their free choices. You can write books and preach till you are blue in the face. That is not what teaches. When one understands all sides, intelligence will make the best choices. When one understands all sides, the bad choice is no longer a viable choice.
I cannot disagree that we learn through our choices, including our mistakes. The problem is that not all people are going to learn what is necessary without guidance from God so they will just keep making the same mistakes over and over again. If people do not believe in anything higher than self, they will live for self. God does not guide anyone on an individual basis. God guides through His Messengers.
My Quote: What one person thinks is Truth could be completely wrong. What if my Truth was that all black people are inferior to whites, that women are inferior to men? Your Answer: Truth is often wrong when Beliefs are repeated long enough to convince one they are the truth. Just like with the atom, truth must be constantly questioned. Truth is corrected to be truth. Has religion corrected anything? Beliefs do not have to be corrected. Just recite them long enough to be accepted and everything else will be ignored.
Truth is constantly changing as man’s capacity to understand truth and man’s need for more truth evolve over time. Any religious truth that is static is not useful. Truth has to be suited to the times we live in, so as time goes on religious truth needs to renewed and superseded by a new revelation from God that is pertinent to the times we live in. That is called Progressive Revelation.

“The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 213

The Baha’i Faith certainly has corrected many of the mistakes that those of the older religions have made. It has explained where they went off track and why that will not happen again. This is a new age, a new religious cycle, the Cycle of Fulfillment. The mistakes of that past religions will never repeat. This is a new Day of God, a day that will not be followed by night.
Oh yes, we are all Spiritual beings in our true natures. Our bodies regardless of their parameters are merely our transportation in this world. Who one really is, is all that really counts.
I fully agree with all of that. We are spiritual beings, not physical bodies. After the body dies the soul, which is who we really are, all we have become in this life, will continue on to the spiritual worlds, where it will continue on its eternal spiritual journey. This world is preparation for the life to come.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What laws did Jesus bring? What laws of Islam replace them?
I do not really know what the Laws of Christianity were. Whatever they were, they have been lost to the Christian doctrines which made Christianity into a lawless religion; because one is saved by grace alone, obedience to laws becomes unnecessary. Sin away. You are forgiven.
I do not know any of the Laws of Islam but they were different from Christianity. From what I know, they were very harsh.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I do not really know what the Laws of Christianity were.
The Laws which Jesus supported amounted to about 507.
The Laws, guidance and rules of Christianity (mostly Pauline) amount to about 1050.

Whatever they were, they have been lost to the Christian doctrines which made Christianity into a lawless religion;
....they're all written down in the bible..... still.

......because one is saved by grace alone, obedience to laws becomes unnecessary. Sin away. You are forgiven.
There are many many hundreds of Christian Creeds, and the 'grace and favour' and 'God's already chosen our futures' Christian Creeds do not encompass all the Creeds. Ask any JW.

I do not know any of the Laws of Islam but they were different from Christianity. From what I know, they were very harsh.
Mohamed adopted many of the laws of Moses. Penalties had to be harsh.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The logic is perfect. The Messenger of God is the evidence that God exists. There is no other evidence except God's Creation.
There is no proof that God exists, only evidence. Therefore it is impossible to prove God exists before one believes in God based upon the evidence, which is the Messenger of God.

A perfect circle, round and round and round and round and ....

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I do not really know what the Laws of Christianity were. Whatever they were, they have been lost to the Christian doctrines which made Christianity into a lawless religion; because one is saved by grace alone, obedience to laws becomes unnecessary. Sin away. You are forgiven.
It's pretty important to know, since it would show a progression of social laws that changed from one manifestation to the next. For sure Christianity did away with the Laws given by Moses. But what laws did Jesus implement that could be shown to be a social law that was needed to take civilization to the next level?

But then those laws would have to be changed by Muhammad to some better and more relevant laws needed for an "ever advancing" civilization.

I don't necessarily see that. Rather an ever changing definition of who God is and what he wants.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The Laws which Jesus supported amounted to about 507.
The Laws, guidance and rules of Christianity (mostly Pauline) amount to about 1050.

....they're all written down in the bible..... still.

There are many many hundreds of Christian Creeds, and the 'grace and favour' and 'God's already chosen our futures' Christian Creeds do not encompass all the Creeds. Ask any JW.

Mohamed adopted many of the laws of Moses. Penalties had to be harsh.
A big problem for me is the Baha'i belief in "progressive" revelation. I don't see it. In fact Islamic laws might be a regression back to the types of laws God gave to Moses.

But what "laws" did Jesus himself bring? Turn the other cheek? I wouldn't call things like that a law, but more of a spiritual attitude about not living for this life but for the next, spiritual life to come.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
A big problem for me is the Baha'i belief in "progressive" revelation. I don't see it. In fact Islamic laws might be a regression back to the types of laws God gave to Moses.
Ummmm, Yep....... I would guess that Islamic Law is 75% (or higher) straight out of the OT.

But what "laws" did Jesus himself bring? Turn the other cheek? I wouldn't call things like that a law, but more of a spiritual attitude about not living for this life but for the next, spiritual life to come.
None..... He brought in none.
Asking his following to cope with each other's irritations, not to get involved in internal conflict, to fend for each other...... was just that........ a plea rather than a law.

And I reckon he wanted a return to the 507, without the 106 sacrificial laws because they only helped to fatten up the priesthood, a bunch of corrupt, quisling hypocrites. (I will have mercy before sacrifice). See what the Baptist said about that lot.

So there is no advance from the OT laws at all. And frankly (imo) the OT Laws beat the daylights out of anything that Bahauallah wrote.........

..... just sayin'.....

How do you know that new could not be better?

Perfect can’t get any better.

How well has that worked, the message of love? Sure, it is the most important message but we need more than that in this new day, in this complex world we live in. Do you watch and of the news on TV?

I don’t think world is complex.

Humans cannot restore man’s belief in God which has died. Even if people claim to adhere to a religion, most people only pay lip service to it.

Believing in the existence of God is not very important. Important is that people become righteous, because it is the reason why people do good.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
We are not supposed to trust what other people tell us. We are supposed to independently investigate the truth for ourselves. Independent Investigation of Truth.

We are free to believe whatever we want to. Just because there is a punishment does not mean we are not free. A kid is free to steal a cookie from the cookie jar knowing that mom might catch him and punish him. I am not saying that God punishes people or condemns us to hell... We send ourselves to hell by turning away from God since hell simply means distance from God. Conversely, heaven is nearness to God.

“He who shall accept and believe, shall receive his reward; and he who shall turn away, shall receive none other than his own punishment.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 339

God said to listen to Jesus but now God is saying listen to Baha’u’llah. That is how we know God and get near to God.

The reason you are so confused is because you keep looking back at the older religions and you cannot extricate yourself from them. The reason that Baha'u'llah wrote “This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal” is because the older religions have been abrogated and by looking at them (except as history) one just gets confused.

“This is the Day when the loved ones of God should keep their eyes directed towards His Manifestation, and fasten them upon whatsoever that Manifestation may be pleased to reveal. Certain traditions of bygone ages rest on no foundations whatever, while the notions entertained by past generations, and which they have recorded in their books, have, for the most part, been influenced by the desires of a corrupt inclination. Thou dost witness how most of the commentaries and interpretations of the words of God, now current amongst men, are devoid of truth. Their falsity hath, in some cases, been exposed when the intervening veils were rent asunder. They themselves have acknowledged their failure in apprehending the meaning of any of the words of God.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 171-172

I am not confused because I don’t look at those religions. All of them can be put into context and understood as part of God’s unfolding Plan, but only by looking through the Baha’i lens. If you look at them individually, you will never make sense of them.

If you do not like the Baha’i Faith and you have known about it as long as I have, since 1970, then chances are you will never like it, unless you change your understanding of it, or learn some new things about it you do not know. But at the end of the day, God guides whomsoever He will, although we still have to use our free will to choose...

“Great indeed is this Day! The allusions made to it in all the sacred Scriptures as the Day of God attest its greatness. The soul of every Prophet of God, of every Divine Messenger, hath thirsted for this wondrous Day. All the divers kindreds of the earth have, likewise, yearned to attain it. No sooner, however, had the Day Star of His Revelation manifested itself in the heaven of God’s Will, than all, except those whom the Almighty was pleased to guide, were found dumbfounded and heedless.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh,, p. 11

“So blind hath become the human heart that neither the disruption of the city, nor the reduction of the mountain in dust, nor even the cleaving of the earth, can shake off its torpor. The allusions made in the Scriptures have been unfolded, and the signs recorded therein have been revealed, and the prophetic cry is continually being raised. And yet all, except such as God was pleased to guide, are bewildered in the drunkenness of their heedlessness!”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh,, p. 39

Nobody can know who those guided people are and you cannot know if you are one of those people until you take your last breath. However, there are certain hints in the Writings of Baha’u’llah why some are guided and others are not... If one obstinately rejects the Faith, God is not going to override their right to choose.

"Some were guided by the Light of God, gained admittance into the court of His presence, and quaffed, from the hand of resignation, the waters of everlasting life, and were accounted of them that have truly recognized and believed in Him. Others rebelled against Him, and rejected the signs of God, the Most Powerful, the Almighty, the All-Wise.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 145

However, people who make efforts will be guided...

“Whoso maketh efforts for Us,” he shall enjoy the blessings conferred by the words: “In Our Ways shall We assuredly guide him.””

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 266-267
Two things you said, "The reason you are so confused is because you keep looking back at the older religions and you cannot extricate yourself from them"?
"I am not confused because I don’t look at those religions. All of them can be put into context and understood as part of God’s unfolding Plan, but only by looking through the Baha’i lens. If you look at them individually, you will never make sense of them"?

I don't think "confused" is the right word to use. Doubtful and skeptical are closer to what I think of all religions. To say by "only" looking through a "Baha'i" lens? Then what does that mean? That before the Baha'i Faith explained it, all the religions didn't make sense? That no one knew what was truth and what was error? The "Baha'i" lens does away with the Christian belief that Jesus rose from the dead... It does away with the belief in reincarnation from Hindu, Buddhist and other Eastern religions.

So yeah, if you reinterpret every religion to fit with your religion, then definitely "all religions" are one and have no contradictions and fit perfectly into a progression from one to another... But, that's not the reality of what we all see in how religions are practiced and how the Scriptures of those religions describe religious and spiritual truth. They are all different and serve a purpose within the particular culture that they sprang from and the other cultures that adopted them... and those people made changes to the religion to better suit their own culture. So what's the truth? I think it was people that wrote the writings and interpreted them. It was people. All different and all with different ideas about spiritual truth.

Also, the Baha'i Faith focuses mainly on the "major" religions... and has enough problems trying to reconcile them into the Baha'i system of beliefs. But what about other great civilizations that had religious beliefs? Like the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Chinese etc. At some point, even a Baha'i would have to say that it was people within these cultures that invented those religious beliefs. Wouldn't they? Or, no?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Ummmm, Yep....... I would guess that Islamic Law is 75% (or higher) straight out of the OT.

None..... He brought in none.
Asking his following to cope with each other's irritations, not to get involved in internal conflict, to fend for each other...... was just that........ a plea rather than a law.

And I reckon he wanted a return to the 507, without the 106 sacrificial laws because they only helped to fatten up the priesthood, a bunch of corrupt, quisling hypocrites. (I will have mercy before sacrifice). See what the Baptist said about that lot.

So there is no advance from the OT laws at all. And frankly (imo) the OT Laws beat the daylights out of anything that Bahauallah wrote.........

..... just sayin'.....
Keep "sayin'" You're a wise Old Badger and I learn a lot from you.

Bird123

What do you mean by access? Do you think you have direct access to God, direct communication to God and communication back from God?

So do you think that atheists have access to God and they just do not realize it?

Religions are established by God through the Messengers of God who bring a revelation from God..

“And now concerning thy question regarding the nature of religion. Know thou that they who are truly wise have likened the world unto the human temple. As the body of man needeth a garment to clothe it, so the body of mankind must needs be adorned with the mantle of justice and wisdom. Its robe is the Revelation vouchsafed unto it by God. Whenever this robe hath fulfilled its purpose, the Almighty will assuredly renew it. For every age requireth a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine Revelation hath been sent down in a manner that befitted the circumstances of the age in which it hath appeared.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 81

These originally revealed religions are pristine at the time of revelation but after humans have been swimming around in the scriptures for centuries, they become like dirty water in a lake, even polluted. So the original message that God sought to convey can no longer be seen through the dirty water. It is then that religions have become mankind's creation. They reflect mankind instead of God’s Word.

The messages from God are not petty. All the religions that were revealed by God contain spiritual guidance and teachings that endure through history for the spiritual guidance of humanity, but the ancient religions are cloaked in the culture over the millennia, lack original scripture, and have been subject to highly variable interpretation of the many divisions over time. That is precisely why they do not add up.

The teachings and laws of the older religions have been renewed by the Baha'i teachings and laws that conform to the needs of the fast evolving and constantly changing society we now live in, and a new message of universal peace and world unity has been delivered.

How do you know God's system, what God is doing with this world and people, and God's goal? What experience do you think you had with God? How do you know it was God and not your imagination?

I cannot disagree that we learn through our choices, including our mistakes. The problem is that not all people are going to learn what is necessary without guidance from God so they will just keep making the same mistakes over and over again. If people do not believe in anything higher than self, they will live for self. God does not guide anyone on an individual basis. God guides through His Messengers.

Truth is constantly changing as man’s capacity to understand truth and man’s need for more truth evolve over time. Any religious truth that is static is not useful. Truth has to be suited to the times we live in, so as time goes on religious truth needs to renewed and superseded by a new revelation from God that is pertinent to the times we live in. That is called Progressive Revelation.

“The All-Knowing Physician hath His finger on the pulse of mankind. He perceiveth the disease, and prescribeth, in His unerring wisdom, the remedy. Every age hath its own problem, and every soul its particular aspiration. The remedy the world needeth in its present-day afflictions can never be the same as that which a subsequent age may require. Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 213

The Baha’i Faith certainly has corrected many of the mistakes that those of the older religions have made. It has explained where they went off track and why that will not happen again. This is a new age, a new religious cycle, the Cycle of Fulfillment. The mistakes of that past religions will never repeat. This is a new Day of God, a day that will not be followed by night.

I fully agree with all of that. We are spiritual beings, not physical bodies. After the body dies the soul, which is who we really are, all we have become in this life, will continue on to the spiritual worlds, where it will continue on its eternal spiritual journey. This world is preparation for the life to come.

Your quote:What do you mean by access? Do you think you have direct access to God, direct communication to God and communication back from God? My Answer: Everyone is capable of direct access with God. If I had access, it is possible for everyone. On the other hand, God does not want to intimidate anyone's choices. If a conversation with God alters one's lessons or anyone else's lessons, it will not happen. Further, if one wants direct access, one can't be in left field. One can't be narrow or closed minded. One must be willing to see what actually is rather than what they want or believe in to be truth. Starting to understand? If one is not ready, one would just be confused by the experience. We are but mere ants. Like I said before. God is working on multiple levels with multiple views. It might take a week to realize all that was said. There is much more to it than having a simply conversation like we are having. Still, I think if one really wants that conversation, one will take that journey. No one is held back or prevented in any way.

Your Quote:So do you think that atheists have access to God and they just do not realize it? My Answer: Atheists are children of God whether they realize it or not. Just like people of religion, I have found few who actually want a conversation with God.

Your Quote:Religions are established by God through the Messengers of God who bring a revelation from God.. My Answer: This is not true. Do you know why God has religions in this world???? Anybody???Anybody??? God has religions in this world because religion is a catalyst that brings so many of mankind's problems to the surface so that these problems can be dealt with. People belong to religions because deep down they know God. Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. On the other hand, who they really are comes out since they Believe they have God's backing.

Your Quote:These originally revealed religions are pristine at the time of revelation My Answer: I will be open enough to acknowledge this possibility, however I would have to see the original. Further, they would have to be very very different than what is out there today. I do have doubts simple because God does not need holy books or special people to speak for Him. All the knowledge already exists around us.

Can you see? Do you even look? In this time-based causal universe, God's actions can be seen. God's actions can not be altered by mankind. If you study and understand God's actions, would you not get the True picture of God rather than depending on the beliefs of others? Yes, it looks like a lot of work. It's so much easier to blindly follow others and accept what they tell you. Sure, they will tell you it comes from God. What do you think they would say?

Your quote:How do you know God's system, what God is doing with this world and people, and God's goal? What experience do you think you had with God? How do you know it was God and not your imagination?

My Answer: I have spent a very very long time watching and studying God's action. This started when I became an adult and realized religions do not add up. I wanted the Real Truth regardless of what that truth might be. I was even open to the possibility God did not exist. The journey takes a long time and the learning never ends. Perhaps, that is what leads to the conversation with God. Having discovered so much I was open enough to hear. How many people today actually hear?

My Imagination? You forget. We are but mere ants. I do not have the capabilities nor the intellect that was involved.

Your Quote:If people do not believe in anything higher than self, they will live for self. My Answer: You just must stop with the assumptions. There are atheists who are loving, kind and generous. They did not become this way through believing in God. Maybe a good exercise for you is to discover what makes them decide to be this way.

Your quote:The teachings and laws of the older religions have been renewed by the Baha'i teachings and laws that conform to the needs of the fast evolving and constantly changing society we now live in, and a new message of universal peace and world unity has been delivered. My Answer: God's goal for this world is not Peace. That is not what God is doing. On the other hand, given enough time and lessons, one would no longer value the petty things that prevent peace from being possible.

Your Quote:Truth has to be suited to the times we live in, My Answer: Truth does not change to suit the times. Truth never changes. How long did mankind watch birds fly before they figured out how? The Truth was constant. This is why everything about God always adds up. Just like Math, it doesn't really work unless it does. Truth will be the same regardless of what one feels about that truth.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How do you know that new could not be better?
Perfect can’t get any better.
So you believe that the Bible is perfect? That certainly is not the contention of many people who see all the contradictions in the Bible, all the transcription errors that entered in and errors in translation. However, that is not as much of an issue for me as the fact that we need more than is contained in the Bible. The Bible was never intended to be the only Word of God for all eternity. God’s hands are not tied from revealing more Truth.
How well has that worked, the message of love? Sure, it is the most important message but we need more than that in this new day, in this complex world we live in. Do you watch and of the news on TV?
I don’t think world is complex.

You think it is simple? o_O:confused:
Humans cannot restore man’s belief in God which has died. Even if people claim to adhere to a religion, most people only pay lip service to it.
Believing in the existence of God is not very important. Important is that people become righteous, because it is the reason why people do good.
I fully agree with that.

“One righteous act is endowed with a potency that can so elevate the dust as to cause it to pass beyond the heaven of heavens. It can tear every bond asunder, and hath the power to restore the force that hath spent itself and vanished….

Be pure, O people of God, be pure; be righteous, be righteous…. Say: O people of God! That which can ensure the victory of Him Who is the Eternal Truth, His hosts and helpers on earth, have been set down in the sacred Books and Scriptures, and are as clear and manifest as the sun. These hosts are such righteous deeds, such conduct and character, as are acceptable in His sight.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 287

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bab’s writings were not incitements to commit robbery, murder and treason. That is a distortion of the facts.

You certainly are in denial about the history, what the Muslims did to the Babis, to the Bab and to Baha’u’llah. You disregard all that unwarranted persecution, based solely upon the fact that it was a new religion that threatened the standing religion of Islam.

Are you talking about the foolish attempt on the life of the Shah by two crazed Babis? The pistol they used was a weapon that was incapable of killing anyone. What a joke. BTW, this is all documented in God Passes By. That is the “real history” of the Baha’i Faith from those who were closest to it and knew what really happened. Here is an excerpt from the book.

“Obsessed by the bitter tragedy of the martyrdom of his beloved Master, driven by a frenzy of despair to avenge that odious deed, and believing the author and instigator of that crime to be none other than the Sháh himself, a certain Sádiq-i-Tabrízí, an assistant in a confectioner’s shop in Tihrán, proceeded on an August day (August 15, 1852), together with his accomplice, an equally obscure youth named Fathu’lláh-i-Qumí, to Níyávarán where the imperial army had encamped and the sovereign was in residence, and there, waiting by the roadside, in the guise of an innocent bystander, fired a round of shot from his pistol at the Sháh, shortly after the latter had emerged on horseback from the palace grounds for his morning promenade. The weapon the assailant employed demonstrated beyond the shadow of a doubt the folly of that half-demented youth, and clearly indicated that no man of sound judgment could have possibly instigated so senseless an act...... God Passes By, p. 62

The 20,000 Bahis who were slaughtered is well documented history. It is in God Passes By.

Apostates to what? Traitors to what? No, they had a new revelation from God that superseded Islam. Too bad the Muslims did not like it. The unimaginable tortures inflicted upon the Babis as the result of the one incident described above were published in European newspapers. For example (continued from above):

“The reign of terror which ensued was revolting beyond description. The spirit of revenge that animated those who had unleashed its horrors seemed insatiable. Its repercussions echoed as far as the press of Europe, branding with infamy its bloodthirsty participants......

The first to suffer on that calamitous day was the ill-fated Sádiq, who was instantly slain on the scene of his attempted crime. His body was tied to the tail of a mule and dragged all the way to Tihrán, where it was hewn into two halves, each of which was suspended and exposed to the public view, while the Tihránís were invited by the city authorities to mount the ramparts and gaze upon the mutilated corpse. Molten lead was poured down the throat of his accomplice, after having subjected him to the torture of red-hot pincers and limb-rending screws. A comrade of his, HájíQásim, was stripped of his clothes, lighted candles were thrust into holes made in his flesh, and was paraded before the multitude who shouted and cursed him. Others had their eyes gouged out, were sawn asunder, strangled, blown from the mouths of cannons, chopped in pieces, hewn apart with hatchets and maces, shod with horse shoes, bayoneted and stoned. Torture-mongers vied with each other in running the gamut of brutality, while the populace, into whose hands the bodies of the hapless victims were delivered, would close in upon their prey, and would so mutilate them as to leave no trace of their original form. The executioners, though accustomed to their own gruesome task, would themselves be amazed at the fiendish cruelty of the populace. Women and children could be seen led down the streets by their executioners, their flesh in ribbons, with candles burning in their wounds, singing with ringing voices before the silent spectators: “Verily from God we come, and unto Him we return!” As some of the children expired on the way their tormentors would fling their bodies under the feet of their fathers and sisters who, proudly treading upon them, would not deign to give them a second glance. A father, according to the testimony of a distinguished French writer, rather than abjure his faith, preferred to have the throats of his two young sons, both already covered with blood, slit upon his breast, as he lay on the ground, whilst the elder of the two, a lad of fourteen, vigorously pressing his right of seniority, demanded to be the first to lay down his life.

An Austrian officer, Captain Von Goumoens, in the employ of the Sháh at that time, was, it is reliably stated, so horrified at the cruelties he was compelled to witness that he tendered his resignation. “Follow me, my friend,” is the Captain’s own testimony in a letter he wrote two weeks after the attempt in question, which was published in the “Soldatenfreund,” “you who lay claim to a heart and European ethics, follow me to the unhappy ones who, with gouged-out eyes, must eat, on the scene of the deed, without any sauce, their own amputated ears; or whose teeth are torn out with inhuman violence by the hand of the executioner; or whose bare skulls are simply crushed by blows from a hammer; or where the bazaar is illuminated with unhappy victims, because on right and left the people dig deep holes in their breasts and shoulders, and insert burning wicks in the wounds. I saw some dragged in chains through the bazaar, preceded by a military band, in whom these wicks had burned so deep that now the fat flickered convulsively in the wound like a newly extinguished lamp. Not seldom it happens that the unwearying ingenuity of the Oriental leads to fresh tortures. They will skin the soles of the Bábí’s feet, soak the wounds in boiling oil, shoe the foot like the hoof of a horse, and compel the victim to run. No cry escaped from the victim’s breast; the torment is endured in dark silence by the numbed sensation of the fanatic; now he must run; the body cannot endure what the soul has endured; he falls. Give him the coup de grâce! Put him out of his pain! No! The executioner swings the whip, and—I myself have had to witness it—the unhappy victim of hundredfold tortures runs! This is the beginning of the end. As for the end itself, they hang the scorched and perforated bodies by their hands and feet to a tree head downwards, and now every Persian may try his marksmanship to his heart’s content from a fixed but not too proximate distance on the noble quarry placed at his disposal. I saw corpses torn by nearly one hundred and fifty bullets.” “When I read over again,” he continues, “what I have written, I am overcome by the thought that those who are with you in our dearly beloved Austria may doubt the full truth of the picture, and accuse me of exaggeration. Would to God that I had not lived to see it! But by the duties of my profession I was unhappily often, only too often, a witness of these abominations. At present I never leave my house, in order not to meet with fresh scenes of horror… Since my whole soul revolts against such infamy … I will no longer maintain my connection with the scene of such crimes.” Little wonder that a man as far-famed as Renan should, in his “Les Apôtres” have characterized the hideous butchery perpetrated in a single day, during the great massacre of Tihrán, as “a day perhaps unparalleled in the history of the world!”
God Passes By, pp. 63-66

Treacherous apostate, lol. No, the Bab was the Primal Point, a Manifestation of God with a “new” revelation from God that the Muslims tried to squelch. How different is that from what the Pharisees did to Jesus Christ, because they were too blind to recognize that He was the Messiah, given they did not understand the full meaning of the prophecies in their scriptures. They were waiting for a Messiah made in their own image, so they could not see that Jesus partially fulfilled the prophecies for the Messiah.

It is true that Jesus did not fulfill the prophecies for the World Redeemer that was promised in scriptures of all the great religions, that was Baha’u’llah. He was the Promised One of All Ages, the one who would fulfill most of what was prophesied in the Jewish scriptures, but nevertheless, the Jews should have recognized Jesus because He was a Manifestation of God, who was the “Herald” to the Kingdom of God.

Similarly, around the time the Bab appeared, the Muslims were waiting for Imam Mahdi who would fulfill their prophecies,but they failed to recognize that the Bab was that fulfillment. For the same reasons Jesus was persecuted the Bab was persecuted.

History repeats itself in every age.

What are these objective sources? I have been down this road with others and they have never been able to produce anything objective. Obvious detractors are not objective sources.

It is too early in the history of the Baha’i Faith for objective sources from scholarly works. All we have to date are the two sides, the detractors and the Baha’is. I have picked my side, you have picked yours.

According to the Muslims it was treason and apostasy. According to the Bab and His followers it was a “new” Revelation for God. It is as simple as that.

Oh poor Jesus. Jesus did not suffer anywhere as much as the Bab and Baha’u’llah. It is a joke to even compare them. Of course that is in the “real history” of the Baha’i Faith, the history written by those closest to those who made the history. The detractor’s history is fake news.

I am not the one who needs to wake up because I am wide awake. The Bab was a Manifestation of God. So was Baha’u’llah. I do not expect you to believe that and I don’t care what you believe because I know the Truth. I have been a Baha’i over 47 years and I have always been open to the possibility that the Bab and Baha’u’llah made false claims, because I am an open-minded person. However, the evidence is just not there. Rather, all the evidence indicates that they were exactly who they claimed to be. That is why I am a Baha’i, not because it is an easy road to travel. Clearly, it is not easy at all.

Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”