• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn’t God communicate directly to everyone?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
On another forum I said: “One reason God does not communicate to everyone is because everyone does not deserve to know that God exists.” I said that people have to be willing to sincerely search for God using their own innate powers of reasoning in order to be worthy of knowing God exists, rather than just sitting back and doing nothing, waiting for God to communicate to them.

Then this one atheist said that was a lame-*** excuse and he says it is just common sense that God should communicate directly to everyone.

This is what he has been saying to me for over three years. Everyone (all of the 7.4 billion people in the world) should get direct communication from God. God should not use Messengers because not everyone believes in them, especially in the beginning, when they first show up on earth.

What do you think; does everyone on earth deserve direct communication from God or should people be required to search for God themselves?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
To my way of thinking God owes us nothing, and we owe him everything....even our very existence.

It was humans who cut themselves off from God, not the other way around.

In 2 Chronicles 15:1-2 God's prophet Azariah was inspired to counsel King Asa. It says..."Then the Spirit of God came upon Azariah son of Oded, 2 and he went out to meet King Asa as he was returning from the battle. “Listen to me, Asa!” he shouted. “Listen, all you people of Judah and Benjamin! The Lord will stay with you as long as you stay with him! Whenever you seek him, you will find him. But if you abandon him, he will abandon you."

Those who genuinely seek God will find him, those who want excuses not to find him, will also succeed.
sad0008.gif

siti

What do you think; does everyone on earth deserve direct communication from God or should people be required to search for God themselves?
Are these mutually exclusive? And if searching makes one deserving, how come your religion has only one to whom direct revelation was made? I mean God doesn't talk directly to you, does He? And you believe this not because it was directly revealed to you, nor because you searched for the truth independently, but because you have been told by someone that it was revealed to some other person. Correct? I have searched for almost 5 decades, often misguidedly (it seems to me now) but generally (at least more recently) independently (although one can easily be bamboozled by smart words and clever explanations so cannot be entirely sure of independence) and come to an entirely different conclusion about God's existence. In what way am I less deserving of direct revelation? Is it just because "I don't get it"? Am I just too stupid? Would it help me if I could read ancient Hebrew or 19th century Persian? How does hapless human searching make the difference unless one happens to stumble upon "the truth"? And how does that make someone more "deserving" than another?

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
On another forum I said: “One reason God does not communicate to everyone is because everyone does not deserve to know that God exists.” I said that people have to be willing to sincerely search for God using their own innate powers of reasoning in order to be worthy of knowing God exists, rather than just sitting back and doing nothing, waiting for God to communicate to them.

Then this one atheist said that was a lame-*** excuse and he says it is just common sense that God should communicate directly to everyone.

This is what he has been saying to me for over three years. Everyone (all of the 7.4 billion people in the world) should get direct communication from God. God should not use Messengers because not everyone believes in them, especially in the beginning, when they first show up on earth.

Well, ignoring the fact that god doesn't exist. Which is the reason he/she doesn't communicate directly.

I have to say that communication in the 21st Century is so easy. Even Emperor Trump who is semi literate tweets. There is 24-hour news, the internet, etc, etc.

So yes, god should make an effort, you never know the number of followers may then increase.

Shushersbedamned

Well it would be damn annoying if a friend told about me to another friend saying maybe we should all meet up and the other friend would say they don't believe in me. It might just be I'm not going to show up.

siti

Well it would be damn annoying if a friend told about me to another friend saying maybe we should all meet up and the other friend would say they don't believe in me. It might just be I'm not going to show up.
Maybe - but I'm guessing you wouldn't hold onto that grudge for 2000 years! That would take a superhuman propensity for petty-mindedness don't you think?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

I thing God is accessible for those who aspire to good and wish to know Him. Having great intelligence is not a prerequisite and in some instances can be a barrier. Most of us have heard of one of the great world religions such as Christianity, Islam or Judaism through whom He has made His will known.

Part of acquiring wisdom is recognising that none of us deserve God's Grace but it is given to us part of God's love and compassion for us.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Firstly God does communicate with everyone, it is the CPU processing our reality...

Because Judaism thought they needed prophets, and Hinduism thought we need to have Rishi, Gurus, and Yogi to hear God it has been standardized by many.

With meditation where we learn to listen to the inner voices, then we realize we do hear God, angels, satan (accuser angel), and by developing that skill we can be guided.

Cannabis is also a large contributing factor in the past religions (Zoroastrian - Hoama, Hindu - Soma, Hebraic - Kaneh Bosem) which allows for inner connection, and deeper meditation.

We now tho in our modern society call people who literally hear God schizophrenics, and yet it was sort of understood even in Greek philosophy...

That we have a daimon and muses, genius (God in us) who guide us; so wrote this poem summarizing how people miss listening properly:

Listen Within

In my opinion. :innocent:

Jumi

To deserve something one first would need to even want it. People never get what they deserve and when they get something they think they deserve it's ever a disappointment in the end. Better to just live well, enjoy and be a good person. You don't need talking God to achieve this.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
15 jun 2018 stvdv 011 45

Everyone deserves direct communication from God. I am sure about that.

But you can't blame God when you cut the communication line yourself.

Last edited:

james blunt

Everyone deserves direct communication from God. I am sure about that.

But you can't blame God when you cut the communication line yourself.
''They'' cut my line, so I am bi-passing programming and going direct to god's , God. Established connection, I am back .

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I wouldn't say that everyone "deserves" direct communication from God (if God even exists), but I don't think people just sit back and do nothing either. Many people search for God and make honest attempts to communicate with God, only to get nothing in return.

I would also say that if a person doesn't receive direct communication from God, then they're off the hook as far as being required to follow anything deemed to be "God's word." I don't feel bound or required to follow the words of any messenger or holy book, since God never told me directly to do so.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Not deserve. I dont understand why anyone would be required to believe in communication with god. No. I dont see anyone being required to believe. Both views got people killed throughout history. Stop reinventing the wheel.

If a person Does not believe in god and/or is not naturally, not by effort (counterproductive), open to it, he has no means to search. Its like asking if he should search for an elephant in the middle of a haystack. He has no grudges on those who believe it, but if his observation, study, and heart tells him otherwise, why would we expect the elephant to just show up or say he is required to search for what he knows does not exist? To me, thats silly.

Instead, there are many people naturally open to spiritual experiences. One man's great experience is another persons evidence of gods work. He may have experience what He may define as god but, no, god isnt required to communicate to him to prove this and no, unless he wanted, he shouldnt be required to search.

It must be something he wants to and be open to do not something he is pressured, coerced, or say he is required to do.

Edited.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Curious question! I mean curious that anyone might think it possible a deity would take into consideration morals, virtues, beliefs, or some other human qualities and traits as sufficiently impressive grounds for a deity to decide who to communicate with. Proof we must be so near to being gods ourselves they actually notice things as puny as whether or not we believe in them, right? Pretty heady stuff, I'd say.

Beyond that, is not the question a bit like thinking, when someone tells us that they love us, "I deserve it! I deserve that person's love!" But how can that be so? We interact with a handful or so of people every day, some of whom actually know us well, and yet most of them -- not even the few who know us well -- love us. Then comes along this one person, and all of a sudden, he or she is the first one, sometimes in quite a long while, to notice we in some noticeable way deserve to be loved?

As a fact, I have known people of several different beliefs and no belief at all, of different sets of morals, of different levels of skill and accomplishments, and so forth, all tell me that they have had some kind of encounter with god, and their accounts are in general so equally plausible that I think any notion god picks or chooses to communicate with folks on the basis of their deserving to be communicated with a very lame idea -- maybe even a poor joke.

East and West often ask more or less parallel questions, or hold more or less parallel views about gods, if you think the "West", as including the Middle East too. But the questions can be tellingly different as well. For instance, the West tends to ask, "Can god communicate with you?", or "Has god communicated with you?", while the East tends to ask, "Have you experienced god?". or "Can you experience god?"

In practice, the West most often hears god speak to them, the East most often "experiences" god. But what's the difference?
Basically, hearing god is based on one sense -- our ability to hear -- while experiencing god is, by most accounts, based on all of our senses.

What is often enough experienced might be described this way: Everything one was experiencing a moment before -- sitting on the veranda, watching, hearing, and smelling the rain, feeling a few shivers down one's back, and getting a little bit aware that one's foot under them is falling asleep -- everything one was experiencing in most ways remains as it was. But now there'ssomething different, radically different, happening. The things have not so much changed as how one perceives them has changed One's sense of being a self has dissolved. Consequently one no longer sees the world as divided in any way between what is "me" and what is "not-me". Instead, everything one is experiencing has suddenly come to seem to be united in fundamental, indivisible, but still tangible way.

In the West, god speaks, communicating something of importance, and one goes on to become a prophet. In the East, god does not speak, overtly communicates mostly nothing of importance, and yet is wholly changed by the experience, and goes on to become an enlightened person.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
15 jun 2018 stvdv 011 46
I wouldn't say that everyone "deserves" direct communication from God (if God even exists), but I don't think people just sit back and do nothing either. Many people search for God and make honest attempts to communicate with God, only to get nothing in return.
Wonderfully said. When you search and you don't find anything I think it is natural and logical to say "it does not exist as far as I know".

I would also say that if a person doesn't receive direct communication from God, then they're off the hook as far as being required to follow anything deemed to be "God's word." I don't feel bound or required to follow the words of any messenger or holy book, since God never told me directly to do so.
That is the best way to go IMO. As long as God does not tell me I assume I am doing fine. When God starts to communicate then I know I am in deep trouble. So in my experience God gave me enough brainpower to handle and deal with stuff. Sometimes when I really don't know or mess up big time AND I need to know He communicates. It's nice that He does, but I would not go that far that it is good. It means I am in big trouble when He does, and I really need to do something.
[Once I was told "start running". I am sometimes lazy, especially when told to do something, but I am also just like a woman, always want to know everything, especially when only been told the half story. So I said "Okay God, I will do, but you better explain exactly why I need to start running". Then I got detailed information on my heart and that a huge heart attack was about to happen. OMG I did not see that one coming. Checked my pulse, racing. What to do? So I decided to start running as I was told in the first place. And discovered that I was not able to run. But I shifted diet [fasting on a little rice and vegetables; 1000 kcal] and everyday running more and more. After 30 days, the emergency was gone and heartbeat came down from 175 to normal 60 again.]

Last edited: