• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does The LORD God send messengers?

Why does The LORD God send messengers? Not that I'm a messenger but why does The LORD God send messengers?

To warn mostly. The perfecting of Saints occurs within Church families where they can love and edify and be there for one another.

When the Prophet (J)eremiah was sent to King Jehoiakim, why did The LORD God send him? To warn him.

When the Prophet (J)eremiah was sent to King Zedekiah, why did the LORD God send him? To warn him.

What was the warning? (Jeremiah 36:7 "It may be they will present their supplication before the LORD, and will return every one from his evil way:") (getting back 'right' with The LORD God)

So what might or could have happened if both King Jehoiakim and King Zedekiah listened and heeded The LORD God's 'warning(s)'?

Why does a person 'warn' another person?

To keep them safe. But what kind of warning?

Don't drink and drive, you can get into an accident and ruin other innocent lives?

How so?

Because if you drink and drive and get into an accident, the other person who you might 'hit' might not have needed to be 'hit' if you had more courtesy and respect to 'honor' other lives on the roads by being 'smart' enough to know that drinking impairs driving.

Now if the person is known to be a habitual drinker and driver, should you get 'upset' and 'angry' at that person if that person is called 'friend' by yourself?

So let us say that person pushes you out of his/her life but continues to drink and drive. Would you stop being concerned for the others on the road?

Okay... so who are your friends?

Society is as a friendship. We all live among and with one another.

The Nation is as a friendship. We all live among and with one another.

If one member suffers, the whole body suffers.

And this is also true in Churches where they are as 'family/friends' to edify and encourage and to warn and to guide one another.

Do you 'warn' friends or do you 'warn' enemies?

If a foreign enemy was coming, do you 'warn' your friends or do you 'warn' the enemies nearby? You first 'warn' your friends.

Last edited:
So why did The LORD God send (J)eremiah to 'warn' the King about what was to come?

Not because The LORD God was going to 'send' the King of Babylon but because The LORD God wanted to let them know what The King of Babylon was planning to do and what would occur if Y'srael did not 'get right' again with The LORD God.

Why couldn't The LORD God have just protected them unreservedly? That is the question many still ask. Why can't They just let anyone do as they want and still provide and protect? Life would be 'free' and everything and anything could be done and 'They' will deal with all the left overs after each day's 'party'.

Why would this be so bad? IF The LORD God is LOVE they would be able to 'clean up' everybody's mess after every day.

In a way, They do. But imagine if it was really 'free' to do whatever anyone wanted without needing to have any concern to anything because 'They' would do everything...

If this occurred, They would need to begin working and paying for everyones' bills also.

And so, what is the 'warnings' now, in the U.S?

Stop. Moderation. Self control.

We might not be at the point where we can 'get back right' with The LORD God (J)esus Christ, but 'Stop', 'Moderation', 'Self Control'.

dfnj

Why does The LORD God send messengers? Not that I'm a messenger but why does The LORD God send messengers?

To warn mostly. The perfecting of Saints occurs within Church families where they can love and edify and be there for one another.

Assuming God is a word representing our collective mind, then what God is sending is the message the people are willing to hear at any moment of cultural history that seems so significant and profound it is believe it could have only come from God.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Why does The LORD God send messengers?
Because the God Most High is comparable to a CPU; it manifests reality at a quantum level, yet it is beyond the physical dimensions, in a place of formlessness...

So it makes applications (messengers), to interact with us inside this artificial reality.

When it comes here, reality will break down which is the End of Time (7th Seal, Trumpet, Bowl).

In my opinion. :innocent:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I believe God sends messengers as part of the process of the Progressive evolving spiritual nature of humanity and progressive evolving nature of the Creation of our physical existence.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When the Prophet (J)eremiah was sent to King Jehoiakim, why did The LORD God send him? To warn him.

When the Prophet (J)eremiah was sent to King Zedekiah, why did the LORD God send him? To warn him.

What was the warning? (Jeremiah 36:7 "It may be they will present their supplication before the LORD, and will return every one from his evil way:") (getting back 'right' with The LORD God)

So what might or could have happened if both King Jehoiakim and King Zedekiah listened and heeded The LORD God's 'warning(s)'?

Why does a person 'warn' another person?

To keep them safe. But what kind of warning?

Don't drink and drive, you can get into an accident and ruin other innocent lives?

How so?

Because if you drink and drive and get into an accident, the other person who you might 'hit' might not have needed to be 'hit' if you had more courtesy and respect to 'honor' other lives on the roads by being 'smart' enough to know that drinking impairs driving.

Now if the person is known to be a habitual drinker and driver, should you get 'upset' and 'angry' at that person if that person is called 'friend' by yourself?

So let us say that person pushes you out of his/her life but continues to drink and drive. Would you stop being concerned for the others on the road?

Okay... so who are your friends?

Society is as a friendship. We all live among and with one another.

The Nation is as a friendship. We all live among and with one another.

If one member suffers, the whole body suffers.

And this is also true in Churches where they are as 'family/friends' to edify and encourage and to warn and to guide one another.

Do you 'warn' friends or do you 'warn' enemies?

If a foreign enemy was coming, do you 'warn' your friends or do you 'warn' the enemies nearby? You first 'warn' your friends.

Assuming god is God, He doesn't need messengers. Just your open, mind, and ears in prayer. If you are still lost, messengers can help you understand how the messengers see god. But, since they are not God, that's about it.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I believe God sends messengers as part of the process of the Progressive evolving spiritual nature of humanity and progressive evolving nature of the Creation of our physical existence.
Hehe. My group believes that he sends messengers because he had to do something to prop up a failing Cosmic Postal Service.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

he sends serpents against those who have gone out of the way, astray.

“See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you,” declares the Lord.

Matthew 10:16
“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

the world was on fire and no one could save me but you..................

74x12

Messengers bring the gospel of God's love and yes they warn people to repent.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Firstly Gods Covenant with man is that He will never leave us alone.

Then to guide an ever advancing humanity, so thay they may truly know and love God.

Regards Tony