• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does stuff about things that are magic and psychic excite us?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
They don't... I usually look for the mirrors or hidden door, the plant in the audience etc

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Why does stuff about things that are magic and psychic excite us?:)For me It's just plain curiosity.

It's a bit hard to give a definite answer to such a seemingly vague question, but maybe some things string a chord in some people, and invite them to explore hidden zones of their own self?

Nimos

Why does stuff about things that are magic and psychic excite us?:)For me It's just plain curiosity.
In some cases its cool. Some magic tricks are pretty boring :D

I think a lot of things plays in, one part for me, is to try to figure out how they do it, see if I can spot if they give away something. And its cool to see the illusions and how easily they can fool me. And for the most part, these people are exceptionally good at doing these things, which also should be taken into account.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We are spiritual beings, IMO, thus we seek out spiritual until we turn it off.
Ah, now you're getting into my "God-gene" theory, namely that there seems to be an inner drive towards the spiritual.

I just knew I'd convert you one of these days!!! :D