• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does religion interest you?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The virtues and Morals are the best foundation for a sound future. Education needs to find each person's potential and not by beating it out of us, but by fostering an environment, where learning is fun and bountiful for all.

Regards Tony

Some education systems have to be timely, rigorous, and demanding for good reasons. I don't know that they are beating out the potential of people. I would like to know that. Students are not widgits in a cookie cutter world.

I like to study virtues. I agree.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The virtues and Morals are the best foundation for a sound future. Education needs to find each person's potential and not by beating it out of us, but by fostering an environment, where learning is fun and bountiful for all.

Regards Tony
I agree, but learning by itself does not necessarily teach morality.

For example, the Mayans used to play a game we now call LaCrosse, and the winning team was sacrificed to the gods? Now compare that to Gandhi's non-violent approach. So, which one is morally right?

Also, questions like is it OK to genocide an entire society? sacrifice children? have sex with children? etc.?

My point is that "learning" by itself really doesn't answer those questions, and yet if we don't try and answer them then the result is anarchy as if "anything goes" and "just do your own thing".

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Agreed, but I can offer it will only benefit us an entire human race, when learning is centred around knowledge and Love of God.

I see until knowledge reaches that apex, science cannot answer or proffer all it has to offer.

Regards Tony

I don't see how a bronze age myth can aid learning,