• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does my God allow children to die? Is he evil?

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
There is nothing in Mormon doctrine which, when properly understood, is inconsistent with the Bible, and the LDS understanding of God is probably more biblical than traditional Christianity's.

For instance, there is nowhere in the Bible where God is described as a three-in-one essence which fills the universe. A further discussion on this topic, however, would take us off the topic of the OP. That's something I don't like to do.
From the O.T., Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah" -ASV or English translation, but in the original Hebrew its very clear that trinity existed long before the N.T.; "Jehovah our Elohim is one Jehovah" the word “Elohim” being plural shows that God the Lord, is more than one, yet is "ONE Jehovah". Did Moses see the trinity already back then in the O.T.? Yes!

idav

Being
Premium Member
Just pay attention to the evidence all around you rather than trying to contend how old the earth is. If you do not believe we the live in a fallen and deprived world, the evidence disputes it.

You arent paying attention to what I said. I said the earth has always been in this state. Not fallen. In fact evidence suggests at some point we were enlightened and/or gifted to try and make it better in a harsh universe and earth. Quite the opposite of being fallen. If it is fallen or cursed it was made that way.

idav

Being
Premium Member
OK but a humane God should at least protect the innocents. But He doesn't so I disagree with the OP that God is good.

I think it obvious that if there is a God, then God does not directly interfere.

People believe that prayer and rituals might cause God to intervene. I suppose because of some old tribal stories of God intervening in the past.

There is no evidence of God intervene except these tribal stories if you want to consider that evidence. We can do good, we can do evil. We never needed God for that. God is evil because God doesn't intervene.

It is easier to concieve of a god that doesnt have the ability per se, to intervene. More specifically we are gods power to make this world a better place. That power allows for good and evil though, however I believe, for what god is suffers along side us as omniscient and omnipresent and timeless. Minus the omnipotence except in potential.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
From the O.T., Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah" -ASV or English translation, but in the original Hebrew its very clear that trinity existed long before the N.T.; "Jehovah our Elohim is one Jehovah" the word “Elohim” being plural shows that God the Lord, is more than one, yet is "ONE Jehovah". Did Moses see the trinity already back then in the O.T.? Yes!
I agree. Clearly, Moses recognized that there was more than one being in the Godhead.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

What? No it didn't, and isn't.

There is no trinity in either the Tanakh, or the Christian Bible.

Deu 6:4 Hear O Israel, YHVH is our Elohiym, YHVH alone/only.

Deu 6:14 Ye shall not go after other Elohiym, of the Elohiym of the people which are round about you;

Deu 6:15 for YHVH your Elohiym is a jealous Elohiym in your midst, lest the anger of YHVH your Elohiym burn against you, and He destroy you from off the face of the earth.

Last edited:

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
What? No it didn't, and isn't.
There is no trinity in either the Tanakh, or the Christian Bible.
Deu 6:4 Hear O Israel, YHVH is our Elohiym, YHVH alone/only.
Deu 6:14 Ye shall not go after other Elohiym, of the Elohiym of the people which are round about you;
Deu 6:15 for YHVH your Elohiym is a jealous Elohiym in your midst, lest the anger of YHVH your Elohiym burn against you, and He destroy you from off the face of the earth.
Read again please.
From the O.T., Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah" -ASV or English translation,

but in the original Hebrew its very clear that trinity existed long before the N.T.;

"Jehovah our Elohim is one Jehovah" the word “Elohim” being plural shows that God the Lord, is more than one, yet is "ONE Jehovah".

Echad: a united ONE, and not Yachid: an only one

AlphaAlex115

You know what? Take this scenorio, as placing yourself in other people's shoes is how to better understand them: imagine, whatever religion that you believe in, that you are God. You are constantly watching over the world. It must get pretty dull, really. If any of you have ever played simcity you'll understand my point of view - watching your city burn with panic and chaos in the streets is incredibly invigorating and stimulating. I think God allows the occasional innocent person to die and wars to start because it's a form of sport to him. Is that really so inconceivable?

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
You know what? Take this scenorio, as placing yourself in other people's shoes is how to better understand them: imagine, whatever religion that you believe in, that you are God. You are constantly watching over the world. It must get pretty dull, really. If any of you have ever played simcity you'll understand my point of view - watching your city burn with panic and chaos in the streets is incredibly invigorating and stimulating. I think God allows the occasional innocent person to die and wars to start because it's a form of sport to him. Is that really so inconceivable?
You played too [thanks for correcting me here] much video games and it gotten to your head big time. Having found yourself in a surreal situation that even in playing video games you thought God was controlling it instead of the game that is controlling your mind.

Last edited:

AlphaAlex115

You played to much video games and it gotten to your head big time. Having found yourself in a surreal situation that even in playing video games you thought God was controlling it instead of the game that is controlling your mind.

I'm pretty sure that personal comments are not allowed. Saying such generic dribble such as 'you play TOO much video games' and 'game that is controlling your mind' is both bizzare and incredibly offensive. You are implying that my opinion on this matter is worthless simply because I like to relieve stress now and again by playing relaxing computer games. In fact I believe you're just trolling and I won't persist.

adi2d

This is how you relate your thinking to reality,
“I think God allows the occasional innocent person to die and wars to start because it's a form of sport to him.”

Have you read the book of Job? That looks like God and the devil had a bar room type bet. Messed up a mans life just because they could

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
You are implying that my opinion on this matter is worthless simply because I like to relieve stress now and again by playing relaxing computer games.
“If any of you have ever played simcity you'll understand my point of view - watching your city burn with panic and chaos in the streets is incredibly invigorating and stimulating.”

Are we back to reality or are we still inside your head playing those video games? I’m really confuse here…

AlphaAlex115

“If any of you have ever played simcity you'll understand my point of view - watching your city burn with panic and chaos in the streets is incredibly invigorating and stimulating.”

Are we back to reality or are we still inside your head playing those video games? I’m really confuse here…

It's confused. If you are trying to anger me then at least have good spelling and a lovely vocabulary to back you up.

Also, other than attempting to add fuel to the fire, why do you believe that video games have deluded me? Please respond, I'm intrigued.

Last edited:

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
It's confused. If you are trying to anger me then at least have good spelling and a lovely vocabulary to back you up.
still confuse -minus the D.. and not trying to anger you at all, after all as you have said before, you were just trying “to relieve stress now and again by playing relaxing computer games.” “watching your city burn with panic and chaos in the streets is incredibly invigorating and stimulating.”
Very relaxing indeed!! One in the making here!!!!!!!

AlphaAlex115

still confuse -minus the D.. and not trying to anger you at all, after all as you have said before, you were just trying “to relieve stress now and again by playing relaxing computer games.” “watching your city burn with panic and chaos in the streets is incredibly invigorating and stimulating.”
Very relaxing indeed!! One in the making here!!!!!!!

Relaxing because I can identify that the computer game is not real. You really aren't making much sense and the majority of your post is simply just quoting what I said. And it's "I'm confused", not "im confuse" rofl.