• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does my God allow children to die? Is he evil?

Skyrim25

You know very well the Bible indicates we were not made morally corrupt. He made us with freewill and that mandates the ability to rebel and choose wrongly. Why do you think a simple objection to that doctrine without an attempt at evidence is meaningful?

The bible also says that the world was made in 6 days. We were made no different then any other animal on this planet. The only difference is that we have an understanding of right and wrong through emotional intelligence and from a psychological understanding.

In order to keep free will then you have to accept evil. You cant have good without evil and you cant have happiness without sadness. The thing that...you...dont understand is that what makes us beautiful and precious is our free will!

Evidence involving right and wrong is not in the bible but its in your level of understanding in logic and reason.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
The bible also says that the world was made in 6 days. We were made no different then any other animal on this planet. The only difference is that we have an understanding of right and wrong through emotional intelligence and from a psychological understanding.

But only because Eve defied god. Otherwise you would none of these things. Not even your 'free-will'.

So what you supposedly say makes you beautiful and precious is due to the very reason you're allegedly born into condemnation.

Skyrim25

I do not see it as meaninglessl I see it has a pupose. Christian think its our fault and this is why God wants to punish billions of people never called. Its good to get the facts straight instead of assuming our religion is right.
The verse I like to refer to is:

Ps. 90:1-3. "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men.

Did you ever think that its not God that is punishing people?

I tend to think that Satan wears three masks...Christian/Judaism/Islam. According to the bible, Satan wanted to be a God to be worshiped and God didnt approve so He kicked him out into the world. Satan is also the greatest deceiver so if you put two and two together it looks as if Billions are being controlled through religion of good and peace while wearing a mask of evil and war. The bible tells us NOT to question...HIS...word but how do you know its His word or not without challenging it? and how do you know that the one giving you the word is even a justified being?...you MUST question everything because you maybe serving another and be blind to it!

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Did you ever think that its not God that is punishing people?

I tend to think that Satan wears three masks...Christian/Judaism/Islam. According to the bible, Satan wanted to be a God to be worshiped and God didnt approve so He kicked him out into the world. Satan is also the greatest deceiver so if you put two and two together it looks as if Billions are being controlled through religion of good and peace while wearing a mask of evil and war. The bible tells us NOT to question...HIS...word but how do you know its His word or not without challenging it? and how do you know that the one giving you the word is even a justified being?...you MUST question everything because you maybe serving another and be blind to it!

I'm not an American, but I shall refer you to the spirit of the American Constitution which basically says 'Those that have the power to act, have the responsibility to act'.

Skyrim25

But only because Eve defied god. Otherwise you would none of these things. Not even your 'free-will'.

So what you supposedly say makes you beautiful and precious is due to the very reason you're allegedly born into condemnation.

The world was NOT made in 6 days, I was trying to make a statement about the wrongs in the bible.

The free will was a beautiful thing as God himself mentioned later on in Genesis. A creature that can define his own existence is a beautiful thing and is precious but it comes at a cost to that very creature...the ability to know that there is a wrong and a right.

If Iam born into something that I cant control then I will control and define myself into something more then what i was born as. That is beauty! Eve did us a favor as God came to also see! God looked upon them as saw that it was good-Genesis.

Skyrim25

I'm not an American, but I shall refer you to the spirit of the American Constitution which basically says 'Those that have the power to act, have the responsibility to act'.

I love that saying you have as Ive also said that "every country has the government that it deserves"!

Iam sorry but what did you mean by your statement?

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I love that saying you have as Ive also said that "every country has the government that it deserves"!

Iam sorry but what did you mean by your statement?

That if god did exist, and had the power to prevent lucifer's goings on. Then it has the responsibility to prevent them.

Benoni

You know very well the Bible indicates we were not made morally corrupt. He made us with freewill and that mandates the ability to rebel and choose wrongly. Why do you think a simple objection to that doctrine without an attempt at evidence is meaningful?
No where does it say in the Bible man has a freewill. This is especially true with our salvation in fact the Bible teaches to the contrary. Freewill is a religious word not a scriptural word.

Benoni

Booby Trap?
It was giving us a choice. If you cannot disobey, Then how do you know you're obeying because you want to?

You have free will because you can disagree with God.
If you believed in God, Do you really think he'd let his children slander him, When he has the ability to take away their mouths, Or their thoughts and Instead create mindless, Obediant slaves?
Do you think humans are mindless, Obediant slaves? God had a purpose in creating us as like the first Adam; without the first Adam sin there was no reason for a savior. We would be mindless, Obediant slaves if Adam did not sin. it is the process of redemntion God is after.

Romans 5:18-20 (Weymouth’s)
It follows then just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which to the whole race, so also is the result of a single degree of righteousness is a life giving acquittal which extends to the whole race. (19) for as thought the disobedience of one individual the mass of mankind were constituted as sinners, so also though the obedience of one, the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous. Now law was brought in later on so that the transgression might increase, but sin increased, grace is overflowed.

1 Corinthians 15:22-24
http://www.biblegateway.com/bg_versions/bgclick.php?what=222For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Benoni

What does your sentence above, to me, have to do with the subject?

You are misusing the meaning of the verse to further your own ideas.

I do not understand you? You tell me I misusing a verse but do you give a verse to counter my verse? All you did was write the word dust and assume that means something.

I am not further my own ideas; I am quoting scripture something you have not done all you have done is further your own ideas.

Let’s look at this verse and there is more.

Psalm 90 1 Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. 2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. 3 Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.

Let’s look at the time frame that it addresses:

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, "

Lets look at what God did not little Adam who had no choice:
"Thou turnest man to destruction"

Let’s Look at God’s plan for the ages:
"Return, ye children of men"

Even the promise was made to us the redemption of all people before Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting,

Last edited:

Benoni

In order to keep free will then you have to accept evil. You cant have good without evil and you cant have happiness without sadness. The thing that...you...dont understand is that what makes us beautiful and precious is our free will!

Evidence involving right and wrong is not in the bible but its in your level of understanding in logic and reason.
Yes but how long were those 6 days?????? That is something we humans will never know with this mind of the flesh. I already addressed man does not have a freewill or choice when it comes to salvation.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I have given up trying to determine whether the creation narrative is literal or allegory.

1. We were made different in that we have a soul.
2. Our minds are the most complex arrangement of matter in the known universe.
3. We were as you say made free moral agents.
4. We were given the ability to comprehend our selves and the rationality encoded in the universe.

We have many similarities with animals but we also have extreme and unique characteristics they do not have.

Of course I believe in evil. It is a central Christian doctrine.

The Bible has been more associated with morality than any concept in human history. I do not understand your statement.

Benoni

I have given up trying to determine whether the creation narrative is literal or allegory.

1. We were made different in that we have a soul.
2. Our minds are the most complex arrangement of matter in the known universe.
3. We were as you say made free moral agents.
4. We were given the ability to comprehend our selves and the rationality encoded in the universe.

We have many similarities with animals but we also have extreme and unique characteristics they do not have.

Of course I believe in evil. It is a central Christian doctrine.

The Bible has been more associated with morality than any concept in human history. I do not understand your statement.
No where does it say in the Bible carnal man is free moral agents; it teaches to the contrary of this religous man made belief.

I really do not care if The Genesis story is literal; BUT it is very spiriitual and the foundation for the rest of the Bible.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I do not understand you? You tell me I misusing a verse but do you give a verse to counter my verse? All you did was write the word dust and assume that means something.

I am not further my own ideas; I am quoting scripture something you have not done all you have done is further your own ideas.

Let’s look at this verse and there is more.

Psalm 90 1 Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. 2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. 3 Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men.

Let’s look at the time frame that it addresses:

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, "

Lets look at what God did not little Adam who had no choice:
"Thou turnest man to destruction"

Let’s Look at God’s plan for the ages:
"Return, ye children of men"

Even the promise was made to us the redemption of all people before Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting,

That is quite funny actually.

I know it is "dust" and not "destruction" (the way you are using it) because I translated it.

I showed you that it was wrong - and showed a collaborating verse in the same text, several posts back.

It is very obviously talking about life and death.

Psa 90:3 Thou turn man to DUST; and say, Return, ye children of men.
Psa 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
Psa 90:5 Thou carries them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which grows up.
Psa 90:6 In the morning it flourishes, and grows up; in the evening it is cut down, and withers.
Psa 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
No where does it say in the Bible man has a freewill. This is especially true with our salvation in fact the Bible teaches to the contrary. Freewill is a religious word not a scriptural word.
Freewill is a philosophical and scientific term denoting the ability to chose. The Bible must instruct us to choose X over Y ten thousand times. Tests have been run in secular think tanks for hundreds of years proving we have freewill. Entire doctorial dissertations written by some of the greatest minds in history confirm this. I have no idea where you got this.

BTW if we pretend freewill does not exist then what is it you claim does exist, determinism?