• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does my God allow children to die? Is he evil?

Skyrim25

Right there you've hit on a good point. Christians often say God isn't the evil one, it is us. And, the only reason he made us this way is because he wanted us to freely come to him by our choice, using the freewill he so graciously gave us. But then, he condemns us for making the wrong choice? So is that really a choice? If the Christian Bible really made sense, why would we be so stupid and make the wrong choice? But it doesn't make perfect sense, it only makes sense to those who have chosen one of the many "Christian" interpretations of the Bible. There is enough in the book and enough in most Christians' lives to doubt that it is real. Most Christian religions are too much like "you better be good or else." What if religious leaders invented their respective religions to control people's behavior? And when a Christian says, "No, I can feel God's love in my heart." So do other people in other religions. So what's the difference? And, great points in the rest of your post.

Thanks. I often ask people why they worship God and I usually hear that its because we are below Him and that we are not worthy of Him. I will say to them that to bow down and worship Him(God) is to be His slave, yet they call him father. Do they bow and worship their parents then? If we are the sons and daughters of God then we do NOT rest at his feet! To rest at his feet is to mean that you are not worthy to look Him in the eye at eye level and they instead rest at His feet which means they are also resting with the things which are at his feet. If they then say that they are worthy in His name but they continue to kneel at His feet and yet be at the things which are at His feet then those people are STILL not worthy of Him.

For God to be a righteous God He would have shown that to kneel is a sin unto yourself(because submission robs you of your own strength) and that we are ONLY made to stand in his Kingdom and look him in the eyes and say "I am worthy" without guilt or shame, but in confidence and honesty!

True strength comes from your own self and NOT from God. I see people that dont believe in God and dont believe in an after life are able to get out of bed everyday with a smile knowing that "this" is all there is to life and become righteous people in there own right for no reward...THAT is strength. People that worship debase their own strength through submission and dont come to realize the power that they already have in them.

Worship is a means to control.

Last edited:

Benoni

Death is why we are here. When Adam died in trustpasses and sin in the garden we all came under the curse of sin and death.

Salvation for All

1 Corin 15: 21: For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22: For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23: But every man in his own order:

Romans 5:18-20 (Weymouth’s)
It follows then just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which to the whole race, so also is the result of a single degree of righteousness is a life giving acquittal which extends to the whole race. (19) for as thought the disobedience of one individual the mass of mankind were constituted as sinners, so also though the obedience of one, the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous. Now law was brought in later on so that the transgression might increase, but sin increased, grace is overflowed.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
True strength comes from your own self and NOT from God. I see people that dont believe in God and dont believe in an after life are able to get out of bed everyday with a smile knowing that "this" is all there is to life and become righteous people in there own right for no reward...THAT is strength. People that worship debase their own strength through submission and dont come to realize the power that they already have in them.

Worship is a means to control.
I liked all the religious groups I've been in, until they got too controlling, like a cult. Everyone of them "loved" me so much when I first met them. And they were so happy when "I saw the light" and joined. Then their attention and "love" diminished. With the Christians, the simple "Oh, Jesus loves you" message changed to a lot of do's and don'ts. Still, I don't mind if some spiritual plane exists. That would be cool with me. I pray, though, that it's not the fundy Christian one. Their god is fickle.

Benoni

The word "church" means the out called for a reason.

ecclesia” Greek called out

God calls men not systems. The broad way that leads destruction is religion; men do not follow Christ they follow their Pastor/Priest or Pope, their denomination their system ; not God’s anointing. Church is a Greek Word “ecclesia” which simply means the called out. There is a true Church and a false Church; Baby lon is the false church; while the true Church is not a building, a system, denomination but Christ with in us, the hope of Glory.
Matt 7:13-15

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. KJV

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I do not think most christians believe this. I am not a Jew. I have no idea.
Yeah, the Catholic Christian's concept of "original sin" isn't part of Judaism, but even the curse being death might not either. I think it was mostly getting kicked out of Eden and then having to till the soil.

Benoni

Yeah, the Catholic Christian's concept of "original sin" isn't part of Judaism, but even the curse being death might not either. I think it was mostly getting kicked out of Eden and then having to till the soil.

A lot of religions think God is man at us. I do not see it that way, I see god p,anned the fall for his purposes.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I do not think most christians believe this. I am not a Jew. I have no idea.
Yes we do. Jews believed it before we did however as it is a teaching of earliest Judaism, though they differ on original sin I think (Ours not Adams). The end result is the same so the point is not meaningful.

Benoni

Yes we do. Jews believed it before we did however as it is a teaching of earliest Judaism, though they differ on original sin I think (Ours not Adams). The end result is the same so the point is not meaningful.
I do not see it as meaninglessl I see it has a pupose. Christian think its our fault and this is why God wants to punish billions of people never called. Its good to get the facts straight instead of assuming our religion is right.
The verse I like to refer to is:

Ps. 90:1-3. "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I do not see it as meaninglessl I see it has a pupose. Christian think its our fault and this is why God wants to punish billions of people never called. Its good to get the facts straight instead of assuming our religion is right.

Ps. 90:1-3. "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men.
I do believe it is our fault. We are rebellious and morally insane. If we were not opposed by God for being such he would not be God. I think you confused my claim that the end result being the same means slight disagreements are not important.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I do believe it is our fault. We are rebellious and morally insane. If we were not opposed by God for being such he would not be God. I think you confused my claim that the end result being the same means slight disagreements are not important.
You're right - we're awful. Whoever made us the way we are really screwed up, didn't he?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
You're right - we're awful. Whoever made us the way we are really screwed up, didn't he?
You know very well the Bible indicates we were not made morally corrupt. He made us with freewill and that mandates the ability to rebel and choose wrongly. Why do you think a simple objection to that doctrine without an attempt at evidence is meaningful?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You know very well the Bible indicates we were not made morally corrupt.
Yes... we were made morally corrupt by the booby trap that God placed in the Garden of Eden.

He made us with freewill and that mandates the ability to rebel and choose wrongly.
What makes you think that we have free will?

What makes you think that free will implies the ability to rebel?

Why do you think a simple objection to that doctrine without an attempt at evidence is meaningful?
What are you talking about?

Thana

Lady
Yes... we were made morally corrupt by the booby trap that God placed in the Garden of Eden.

What makes you think that we have free will?

What makes you think that free will implies the ability to rebel?

What are you talking about?

Booby Trap?
It was giving us a choice. If you cannot disobey, Then how do you know you're obeying because you want to?

You have free will because you can disagree with God.
If you believed in God, Do you really think he'd let his children slander him, When he has the ability to take away their mouths, Or their thoughts and Instead create mindless, Obediant slaves?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Again - it is NOT "destruction," it is DUST.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity

Which is the epitome of stupidity when you think about it. Your god must be an imbecile, if it exists at all.

It allegedly told Adam and Eve not to eat from that tree. Now this is a command that requires the knowledge of right and wrong. But god did not give Adam and Eve that very knowledge. No knowledge of right and wrong and no "free-will".

I assure you I am not born morally corrupt. I am not born like anything. I am a baby when I am born. Any moral corruption is learned from my environment as I'm growing up. And that is all.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Booby Trap?
It was giving us a choice. If you cannot disobey, Then how do you know you're obeying because you want to?
If you don't know good from evil, how can you choose good?

You have free will because you can disagree with God.
If you believed in God, Do you really think he'd let his children slander him, When he has the ability to take away their mouths, Or their thoughts and Instead create mindless, Obediant slaves?
Is it possible to have a being with free will who would never choose to disagree with God or "slander" him (whatever you mean by that)?