• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does Michael Lead Angels?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You see, I don't know where you're going with this, but . . . that's fine. It's not like I don't know who you were talking about. I was just curious as to why the use of the various forms.

As far as the statement "Yeshua is Aramaic Bible" that is, to me, most puzzling. Could you explain what that means?
Yeshua is Jesus's name in the Aramaic Bible. I Don't personally believe that that is from Yoheshua, as many theorize, I believe that Yeshua is the same name as Jesus, Yeshu, Yesu, Isho, and other similar variations.

Faithofchristian

Actually, Jude 14 correctly reads, "Προεφήτευσεν δὲ καὶ τούτοις ἕβδομος ἀπὸ Ἀδὰμ Ἑνώχ, λέγων, Ἰδού, ἦλθεν κύριος ἐν ἁγίαις μυριάσιν αὐτοῦ."

So your conclusions are erroneous.

Actually Jude 14 reads in all these different languages

Stephens 1550 Textus Receptus
proefhteusen de kai toutoiV ebdomoV apo adam enwc legwn idou hlqen kurioV en muriasin agiaiV autou

Scrivener 1894 Textus Receptus
proefhteusen de kai toutoiV ebdomoV apo adam enwc legwn idou hlqen kurioV en muriasin agiaiV autou

Byzantine Majority
proefhteusen de kai toutoiV ebdomoV apo adam enwc legwn idou hlqen kurioV en agiaiV muriasinautou

Alexandrian
proefhteusen de kai toutoiV ebdomoV apo adam enwc legwn idou hlqen kurioV en agiaiV muriasinautou

Hort and Westcott
eprofhteusen de kai toutoiV ebdomoV apo adam enwc legwn idou hlqen kurioV en agiaiV muriasin autou

Latin Vulgate
1:14 prophetavit autem et his septimus ab Adam Enoc dicens ecce venit Dominus in sanctis milibus suis

King James Version
1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints"

So as you can see no matter what language Jude 14 is in, it's all saying the same thing as in the 1611 king James version of the bible.

Maximilian

Energetic proclaimer of Jehovah God's Kingdom.
So as you can see no matter what language Jude 14 is in, it's all saying the same thing as in the 1611 king James version of the bible.

It appears you missed the thrust of my rejoinder. Let's go about this another way: Whom did Enoch prophesy against as per Jude 14?

Faithofchristian

It appears you missed the thrust of my rejoinder. Let's go about this another way: Whom did Enoch prophesy against as per Jude 14?

Well it's evidence if you had read
Jude 14-15
That in Jude 15, "To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him"

Notice the last Sentence
( which ungodly sinners have spoken against him)

You do know this Prophecy that was given a little over 2000 yrs ago, is being fulfilled as we speak, How many people have you heard of that have spoken against God and Christ Jesus either in making fun or ridiculing,
So this Prophecy goes to those that are doing such things or have done such things.

I guess that answers your question

74x12

At Revelation 12:7 we learn that "Michael and his angels" fight a vital war that results in the ousting of Satan the Devil and his wicked angels from heaven.

Revelation, likewise, describes Jesus as the Leader of an army of faithful angels. (Revelation 19:14-16) And the apostle Paul specifically mentions “the Lord Jesus” and “his powerful angels.” (2 Thessalonians 1:7; Matthew 16:27; 24:31; 1 Peter 3:22)

So the Bible speaks of both Michael and “his angels” and Jesus and “his angels.” (Matthew 13:41)

5c81d717a88033693fb847bb344f6810d1ca19330b7196e0f2612e3bb64928bb.jpg

These facts leave us with a series of fascinating questions:

1. Who is Michael?
2. Who are his angels?
3. Why did he lead the war against Satan instead of Christ?
4. Are there two separate groups of loyal angels, one belonging to Christ and another to Michael?
Michael is a powerful angel. But Jesus is said to be specifically raised above all angels. Jesus is head of all angels. There are principalities of angels apparently. Michael is a Prince according to the Bible. But he's not King of kings and Lord of lords. Michael only kicks Satan out of heaven with the help of the blood of Jesus. As we read the the saints overcome by the blood. So the accuser of the brethren finds no place in heaven to accuse them anymore. This gives Michael and his angels legal authority to go to war with and defeat Satan.

Jehovah's witnesses claim that Michael 's name prove he is Jesus because Michael means "who is like God" but it's obviously a rhetorical question "who is like God?" Meant to give God glory because no one is like God. In fact the scripture makes it clear that no angel is like God in Psalm 89:6. Here they ask the rhetorical question of who among the angels is like God?