• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does Michael Lead Angels?

Maximilian

Energetic proclaimer of Jehovah God's Kingdom.
Hannukuh?

If Jeshua is at creation,
Genesis 1:26

'our', that word there, is 'G- d'.

1 Corinthians 1:24 highlights that Christ Jesus is the “wisdom of God .” Bearing this in mind, Proverbs 8 :22 teaches us regarding Jesus thatיהוה קנני ראשית דרכו קדם מפעליו מאז׃

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
1 Corinthians 1:24 highlights that Christ Jesus is the “wisdom of God .” Bearing this in mind, Proverbs 8 :22 teaches us regarding Jesus thatיהוה קנני ראשית דרכו קדם מפעליו מאז׃
I'm ok with that. That being said, your answer would be...yes....then.

Faithofchristian

Because they not saying what you think they are saying.

In those books that you given of Matthew 13:41,16:27,
24:31. 2 Thessalonians 1:7
And 1 Peter 3:22.

These are not Angels that come with Christ Jesus at his return. But the Saints.

In the book of Jude 14--"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints"
So here we find the Saints comes with Christ Jesus.
In the book of Zechariah 14:5--"And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with him"
Here we find the Saints come with Christ Jesus.
And how do we know who these Saints are for sure.
In the book of Matthew 27:52-53

52--"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose"

53--"And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many"

The Saints who have died and are with Christ Jesus will return with Christ Jesus at his return.

Revelation 19:11-14

11--"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean"

Therefore the armies are the Saints that come with Christ Jesus at his return to earth.

Now as for Angels, There are Angels that are God's Messengers like that of the

Arch-Angel Gabriel. Arch-Angel Michael

Michael the Arch-Angel Revelation 12:7 "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels"

In the book of Joshua 5:13-14---"13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

Who is this Captain with his sword drawn of the Lord's host (army)

Revelation 12:7--"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels"

So what we have is, the Saints that come with Christ Jesus and there are Angels who are God's Messengers.

Like Arch-Angel Gabriel

and Arch-Angel Michael who is the Captain of the Lord's army.

As for 1 Peter 3:22--" Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him"

Even the Arch-Angel Michael and

theArch-Angel Gabriel are made subject unto Christ Jesus.

Earthling

David Henson
Do you believe that Jeshua, was at creation?

Book of Hebrews, book of John...

Jeshua? There are about 8 different Jeshua's in the Bible, including a town in the southern part of Judah. Are you talking about Jesus? I realize that Jeshua is the Hebrew version of the name, or Jehoshua, but wouldn't it be simpler to say Jesus since he was so well known with that form of the name?

And yes, all things were created through him, so I would imagine he was there. John 1:3 / 1 Corinthians 8:6 / Colossians 1:16 / Hebrews 1:2

Maximilian

Energetic proclaimer of Jehovah God's Kingdom.
Because they not saying what you think they are saying.

In those books that you given of Matthew 13:41,16:27,
24:31. 2 Thessalonians 1:7
And 1 Peter 3:22.

These are not Angels that come with Christ Jesus at his return. But the Saints.

In the book of Jude 14--"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints"
So here we find the Saints comes with Christ Jesus.
In the book of Zechariah 14:5--"And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with him"
Here we find the Saints come with Christ Jesus.
And how do we know who these Saints are for sure.
In the book of Matthew 27:52-53

52--"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose"

53--"And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many"

The Saints who have died and are with Christ Jesus will return with Christ Jesus at his return.

Revelation 19:11-14

11--"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean"

Therefore the armies are the Saints that come with Christ Jesus at his return to earth.

Now as for Angels, There are Angels that are God's Messengers like that of the

Arch-Angel Gabriel. Arch-Angel Michael

Michael the Arch-Angel Revelation 12:7 "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels"

In the book of Joshua 5:13-14---"13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

Who is this Captain with his sword drawn of the Lord's host (army)

Revelation 12:7--"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels"

So what we have is, the Saints that come with Christ Jesus and there are Angels who are God's Messengers.

Like Arch-Angel Gabriel

and Arch-Angel Michael who is the Captain of the Lord's army.

As for 1 Peter 3:22--" Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him"

Even the Arch-Angel Michael and

theArch-Angel Gabriel are made subject unto Christ Jesus.

Actually, Jude 14 correctly reads, "Προεφήτευσεν δὲ καὶ τούτοις ἕβδομος ἀπὸ Ἀδὰμ Ἑνώχ, λέγων, Ἰδού, ἦλθεν κύριος ἐν ἁγίαις μυριάσιν αὐτοῦ."

So your conclusions are erroneous.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jeshua? There are about 8 different Jeshua's in the Bible, including a town in the southern part of Judah. Are you talking about Jesus? I realize that Jeshua is the Hebrew version of the name, or Jehoshua, but wouldn't it be simpler to say Jesus since he was so well known with that form of the name?

And yes, all things were created through him, so I would imagine he was there. John 1:3 / 1 Corinthians 8:6 / Colossians 1:16 / Hebrews 1:2
I don't believe that Jesus's name is actually Yoheshua. I write Yeshua sometimes because I believe it correlates to Jesus, Isho, Yesu, and some other variations.

Yeshua being in the Aramaic Bible, in other words. So it's fine to write, note the parallel, Yeshua, Yeshu Yesu , Jesus.

Earthling

David Henson
I don't believe that Jesus's name is actually Yoheshua. I write Yeshua sometimes because I believe it correlates to Jesus, Isho, Yesu, and some other variations.

Yeshua being in the Aramaic Bible, in other words. So it's fine to write, note the parallel, Yeshua, Yeshu Yesu , Jesus.

Yes, I'm aware of all of that, but what's the point when you could just say "Jesus?" Or, if we were speaking in any of the various languages currently in use, the proper variation of the name in accordance with that language?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Yes, I'm aware of all of that, but what's the point when you could just say "Jesus?" Or, if we were speaking in any of the various languages currently in use, the proper variation of the name in accordance with that language?
If you believe that Jesus's name is Yoheshua , Joshua, then the English equivalent is Joshua. So, you don't seem to be following your own argument.

Earthling

David Henson
If you believe that Jesus's name is Yoheshua , Joshua, then the English equivalent is Joshua. So, you don't seem to be following your own argument.

Here we go . . . I didn't comment on Yoheshau. I'm simply asking why don't you just say Jesus. I've noticed very recently some style of discussion around Jesus where various names are used for reasons that haven't yet become clear to me but I am highly suspicious of having seen the same sort of thing with the name Jehovah years ago.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Here we go . . . I didn't comment on Yoheshau. I'm simply asking why don't you just say Jesus. I've noticed very recently some style of discussion around Jesus where various names are used for reasons that haven't yet become clear to me but I am highly suspicious of having seen the same sort of thing with the name Jehovah years ago.
That's understandable, and I agree. I actually use variations to demonstrate other ideas, though, like 'who is Yoheshua'?
Again though, Yeshua is Aramaic Bible, and the Bible seems well constructed, if I write Yeshua, it doesn't mean that I believe that Jesus's name is Yoheshua.

Earthling

David Henson
That's understandable, and I agree. I actually use variations to demonstrate other ideas, though, like 'who is Yoheshua'?
Again though, Yeshua is Aramaic Bible, and the Bible seems well constructed, if I write Yeshua, it doesn't mean that I believe that Jesus's name is Yoheshua.

You see, I don't know where you're going with this, but . . . that's fine. It's not like I don't know who you were talking about. I was just curious as to why the use of the various forms.

As far as the statement "Yeshua is Aramaic Bible" that is, to me, most puzzling. Could you explain what that means?