• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why does human mind exist, and how did it arise in nature?

ArtieE

Evolution doesn't explain our desire to explore, use of reasoning and logic.
Exploration and use of reasoning and logic increased our chances of survival and was naturally selected for.
God has a answer for Atheists:

"...were they created by nothing, or were they the creators [of themselves]?
Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Rather, they are not certain."
There are only three stupid questions here and no answers...

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
undirected random chance, which means all the order and design you see absolutely everywhere both within yourself and in nature is ALL a fluke. Apparently as animals our sole purpose is to survive, reproduce and keep warm.

Yep, I'm not buying it either...

Yep . . . I'm not buying it either, and neither does the science of evolution, nor any other science for that matter,.

Sounds like what your describing is voodoo astrology.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Was Bahai'Ullah a creation of GOD?

Yes, but you may doubt it, like all humanity, and all the Manifestations of God including Mohammad. The Baha'i Faith believes in the harmony of science and religion.

What you previously described was a vindictive acrid attack on science and not remotely science.

I am also a scientist (geology/soil science)

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Why does consciousness exist, and how was it selected for in generation after generation, in species after species (if it is supposedly not causally efficacious, as many people erroneously claim) are good questions that should be asked often.

Consciousness has a survival value over unconsciousness.:p

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Catholic Christian schools. I'm not even christian.
Goodness! How old are you?
I went to Catholic school for 12 years. The first I specifically remember learning about evolutionary science was in fifth grade. And it wasn't much questioned after that.
Tom

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
it's either a senseless fluke, or a purposed intention.
How can we distinguish the senseless flukes from other kinds of flukes?
why does anything in nature function.
Science has been probing that question for centuries. Why not choose your example and consult Wikipedia?
the eye, why does it see, vs being entirely useless?
If you understand evolution, you have no need to ask that question. "Complex, image-forming eyes have evolved independently some 50 to 100 times" says Wikipedia so you might consider whether sight is advantageous to survival.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I went to Catholic school for 12 years. The first I specifically remember learning about evolutionary science was in fifth grade. And it wasn't much questioned after that.
Tom
oddly enough it was a footnote in my schooling. I can't explain it.

DavidFirth

if you want provide links to what you consider good info, or offer your best explanation.

Well, it goes like this.

Once upon a time there was this huge explosion that created everything. No, it doesn't matter where it came from, pay attention!
Then there was this disk around the sun and the Earth was somehow formed from it. Then one day millions of years ago something became alive, not sure exactly how, but it did. Then this thing evolved into all the different billions of life forms on Earth today. Of course this took millions of years to happen. Then an ape like creature slowly changed over time into a man - and a woman, of course. These men and women became the only truly intelligent life forms on Earth! None of the others have - yet.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Tom

I had biology in St Francis College in Costa Rica in 1959 and evolution was accepted.

Milton Platt

if you want provide links to what you consider good info, or offer your best explanation.

You are presenting a false dichotomy, in your premise that it was a senseless fluke or a purposed intention. It could be an outcome guided by physics and natural laws.

The question "why dos anything in nature function" is too broad and covers the entire universe. The question cannot possibly be answered in a blog.

The eye sees because it has cells that are light sensitive and are connected to the brain of an organism that interprets those light patterns. There are also eyes that cannot see.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
just what I expected, most people on here are anti religion. and vehemently so.

which makes me wonder why they enjoy RF so much!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
just what I expected, most people on here are anti religion. and vehemently so.

which makes me wonder why they enjoy RF so much!

Without the atheists and skeptics RF would become luck warm pablum of delusions of illusions of pleasantries and polite agreement.

I would not let the blunt forth right atheists bother you. They at least get their science right. They are definitely not getting splinters in their butts rocking on fences.

I would really like to see the theists here be more honest about science as the atheists are.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
undirected random chance, which means all the order and design you see absolutely everywhere both within yourself and in nature is ALL a fluke. Apparently as animals our sole purpose is to survive, reproduce and keep warm.

Yep, I'm not buying it either...
The theory of evolution defies that.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Yes, but you may doubt it, like all humanity, and all the Manifestations of God including Mohammad. The Baha'i Faith believes in the harmony of science and religion.

What you previously described was a vindictive acrid attack on science and not remotely science.

I am also a scientist (geology/soil science)
Ok so great, as you may know from previous threads, Islam has no problem with small mutations over time leading to a change within species, within the same family. What Islam denies is one species changing into a completely different one. The DNA code written into each and every living object is coded by the Creator, the weather system, order within nature is all governed by Laws set by the Creator, as is the the complete Universe.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Why does consciousness exist, and how was it selected for in generation after generation, in species after species (if it is supposedly not causally efficacious, as many people erroneously claim) are good questions that should be asked often.
Good points. Studies show every child is born with innate knowledge and skills too. People should ask, where did that come from as well.

6 Incredible Skills You Were Born With

Children are born believers in God, academic claims

Religions teach, the energy/soul existed somewhere else before we were born of our Mothers.

In my religious book it says;

And [mention] when your Lord took from the children of Adam - from their loins - their descendants and made them testify of themselves, [saying to them], "Am I not your Lord?" They said, "Yes, we have testified." [This] - lest you should say on the day of Resurrection, "Indeed, we were of this unaware." <<< This shows our energy/souls existed and we retained some knowledge. This is also why babies and toddlers react positively when you play verses of the Holy Book, regardless of their culture.

Before this Adam, peace be upon him, there were many many Adams that existed over a period of time spanning Hundreds of Thousands of years.