• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Does God care about my Body Bits?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
:) Half joking here, but on the other hand, seriously? Why do humans imagine that God, which represents our ultimate reality give a crap about things like our bowel movements or our ejaculations? How many religious people lose sleep or peace of mind imagining that God cares about things like our basic bodily functions?

It saddens me so much energy amongst those who say they care about pleasing God are so fixated on their so-elementary body-bits that they are staring in their pants, rather than their actual souls which is far more important than the momentary pleasures of their fleshly parts.

So, what's wrong with this picture? Where exactly are our heads, when we become distressed over body functions? Dare I say, up our ****** ?:)

.... just marveling at the absurdities of our thoughts. One would hope we were smarter than that by now. [/dismay] at our misplaced passions.

Skwim

Veteran Member
'Tiz a puzzlement, but just who do you see fixating on their "so-elementary body-bits"? And what chapter and verse are you referring to in regard to caring about our bowel movements and ejaculations?

Shaul

Premium Member
Why would it strange that G-d is interested in every aspect of our lives, from the biggest to the smallest? So, yes, G-d would be mindful of our body parts and how we use them. Of course that is no reason to be obsessive about them. Surely G-d wants us to treat them, and our interest in them, in balance.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
So like an all seeing eye that is very interested in your private bathroom morals, and how you conduct yourself in privacy. And this eye is very scrupulous about every private action taking inventory on your every move.

I don't see it happening. Call me crazy.
But this is pure imagination. I doubt the religious folks worry that intently about it either. I'm sure it's a situation where God knows the heart, but doesn't have that all seeing eye on everybody, all the time.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why would it strange that G-d is interested in every aspect of our lives, from the biggest to the smallest? So, yes, G-d would be mindful of our body parts and how we use them. Of course that is no reason to be obsessive about them. Surely G-d wants us to treat them, and our interest in them, in balance.

Apparently people believe that he botched the penis' design and that it's up to us to correct his mistake.

PureX

Veteran Member
:) Half joking here, but on the other hand, seriously? Why do humans imagine that God, which represents our ultimate reality give a crap about things like our bowel movements or our ejaculations? How many religious people lose sleep or peace of mind imagining that God cares about things like our basic bodily functions?

It saddens me so much energy amongst those who say they care about pleasing God are so fixated on their so-elementary body-bits that they are staring in their pants, rather than their actual souls which is far more important than the momentary pleasures of their fleshly parts.

So, what's wrong with this picture? Where exactly are our heads, when we become distressed over body functions? Dare I say, up our ****** ?:)

.... just marveling at the absurdities of our thoughts. One would hope we were smarter than that by now. [/dismay] at our misplaced passions.
Religion is not God, and God is not religion.

Religions don't care about your "bits", they care about what you do with them, to yourself and to others. And in what way they care depends on the religion.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
'Tiz a puzzlement, but just who do you see fixating on their "so-elementary body-bits"? And what chapter and verse are you referring to in regard to caring about our bowel movements and ejaculations?
Have you not been part of our post-Victorian culture all these years? Just listen to any Evangelical obsessing over sex. Have you never in your encounters here on RF heard some young believer worrying that masturbation is a sin?

I mention bowel movements myself as that too is a bodily function. One may as well call women having periods as "unclean". Oh wait, there's verses to support that as an obsession too.:p

BSM1

What? Me worry?

It seems we have trouble accepting the idea that God is everything--good and bad. Man puts weight and judgement on things that happen in this life; for instance, saving a kitten in a tree is socially good, taking a healthy dump in front of people, not so much. God is the same in both scenarios. There is nothing that is not God, so you'll never hear a true Deity shouting, "Dang, bro! Strike a match", IMHO.

God is love
When two people genuinely fall in love
they create God as a third party in that relationship

God expects a love relationship to be forever
That is possible if both people commit to the love
Not to the other person, but to the love

God expects each partner to commit to the love
with all their heart, with all their mind, with all their strength and with all their soul
You can do that if you train yourself to be conscious at all times
that the love between you and your partner
is the most important thing in your life
above everything else, without exception

Men naturally think that because they are ‘providers’ their work must come first
God says ‘no’. The love you have with your partner is way more important than your job
Women naturally think that because of the importance of children to the world, their children come first
God says ‘no’. The love you have with your husband comes first. The love you have with your children comes second.

I don’t know any religion that is concerned about bowel movements, but most religions are concerned about ejaculations because love often develops as a consequence
The word ‘Holy’ means sacrifice. Love that includes sacrifice is Holy Love
Love without sacrifice can screw up your life
Love with sacrifice can transform your life

You expect your partner to love you with all his heart, mind, strength and soul
That is not going to happen
But if you both make an oath that you will be loyal to the love between you
from now until the day you die
and if you both renew that vow every day of your life, with effort and with sacrifice
it will happen

Being active in a religion makes it easier for you to keep to that oath
Religions attract imperfect people, and humans always pretend to be what they’re not
But if, to achieve what you want to achieve, you have to associate with others as human as you
that will be a price worth paying

Interchange or substitute ...
husband / wife / partner / male / female / other / manog / non manog / multiple etc.
Whatever you are, it is the love you commit to
Once created, you commit to it every single day for the rest of your life

ANSWERS

God expects a love relationship to last forever because that relationship is with him
You commit to the love, not to your partner
Your partner is the vehicle through which you express that commitment
After death that focus moves from your partner to God.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
God is love

with all their heart, with all their mind, with all their strength and with all their soul

Men naturally think that because they are ‘providers’ their work must come first
God says ‘no’. The love you have with your partner is way more important than your job
Women naturally think that because of the importance of children to the world, their children come first
God says ‘no’. The love you have with your husband comes first. The love you have with your children comes second.

I don’t know any religion that is concerned about bowel movements, but most religions are concerned about ejaculations because love often develops as a consequence

and if you both renew that vow every day of your life, with effort and with sacrifice
it will happen

Religions attract imperfect people, and humans always pretend to be what they’re not
But if, to achieve what you want to achieve, you have to associate with others as human as you

Why would God have to "expect" anything? Aren't you simply trying to humanize the unfathomable to fit your own views?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
God is love

it will happen

I have had absolutely no problem keeping my oath for over 45 years with no religious affiliation whatsoever. Could this be a matter of personality as opposed to religiousness?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you sure? If a man or a woman masturbates, what does this have to do with "love often develops as a consequence"? It does? In my understanding, I compare it to another bodily function of a bowel movement, in the sense that one "relieves" oneself. How is masturbation a sin? And why should God care about that anymore that satisfying one's basic desires to eat, sleep, or defecate? There is no "partnership" thing going on. And if you believe it is a sin that should be avoided, do you have any support for that notion from the Bible?

Now as far as your model about love, and love first, I think that extends to the whole of humanity and yourself included. In fact, I'd say you have to first love yourself, before you can love another. This is something Jesus taught in fact. "Love God with all your heart," number one. "Love others as yourself", the result. If you serve Love first, that results in you knowing that Love in and towards yourself as the result, and then from that you are able to truly Love another with that Love that you have become. Prior to that, it's just the ego trying to find itself through projected images of itself in our relationships. That's searching for a love of ourselves through others, not knowing that Love in yourself first.

And that comes to the real crux of this, the first priority in a healthy relationship is to take care of yourself first, which means your health; physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual. Without that, you cannot love another as Jesus commands.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

And why does God make it so complicated?f
This group must cut off that bit from boys.
Another group must cut off a different bit on girls.
And yet another group requires going all Sweeny Todd on girls.
Each group has The Truth, so it is "ethnic cleansing", "genocide"
or a "pogrom" to prohibit their practices.
It's all very confusing to us ignorant heathens.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And why does God make it so complicated?f
This group must cut off that bit from boys.
Another group must cut off a different bit on girls.
And yet another group requires going all Sweeny Todd on girls.
Each group has The Truth, so it is "ethnic cleansing", "genocide"
or a "pogrom" to prohibit their practices.
It's all very confusing to us ignorant heathens.
It's also very confusing to many Christians who are told this is how it is, but it makes no sense on any level beyond fear, such as the using of one's reasoning faculties.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's also very confusing to many Christians who are told this is how it is, but it makes no sense on any level beyond fear, such as the using of one's reasoning faculties.
I can see that.
Xianity looks very difficult to understand, even for believers.

I have had absolutely no problem keeping my oath for over 45 years with no religious affiliation whatsoever. Could this be a matter of personality as opposed to religiousness?

There was no mention of religious affiliation in my post
Nor was there any mention of religiousness
When two people fall in love that love is God. That is what God looks and feels like. That is who he is.
Humans are obsessed with the idea that God would be stupid enough to give them free choice
Where is the free choice in love?
There is none
That is the way God created humans
You will worship him whether you want to or not. You have no choice because he IS love.

Are you sure? If a man or a woman masturbates, what does this have to do with "love often develops as a consequence"? It does? In my understanding, I compare it to another bodily function of a bowel movement, in the sense that one "relieves" oneself. How is masturbation a sin? And why should God care about that anymore that satisfying one's basic desires to eat, sleep, or defecate? There is no "partnership" thing going on. And if you believe it is a sin that should be avoided, do you have any support for that notion from the Bible?

Now as far as your model about love, and love first, I think that extends to the whole of humanity and yourself included. In fact, I'd say you have to first love yourself, before you can love another. This is something Jesus taught in fact. "Love God with all your heart," number one. "Love others as yourself", the result. If you serve Love first, that results in you knowing that Love in and towards yourself as the result, and then from that you are able to truly Love another with that Love that you have become. Prior to that, it's just the ego trying to find itself through projected images of itself in our relationships. That's searching for a love of ourselves through others, not knowing that Love in yourself first.

And that comes to the real crux of this, the first priority in a healthy relationship is to take care of yourself first, which means your health; physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual. Without that, you cannot love another as Jesus commands.

Q : “Are you sure?”
A : Yes I am sure

Q : “If a man or a woman masturbates, what does this have to do with "love often develops as a consequence’? “
A : The word “often” does not mean always

Q : “I compare it to another bodily function of a bowel movement”
A : Masturbation hammers your nervous system.
Your body is a survival machine. The more you waste your seed the more it punishes you

Q : ”There is no ‘partnership’ thing going on. And if you believe it is a sin that should be avoided, do you have any support for that notion from the Bible?”
A : Your post was entirely about masturbation wasn’t it
You have got this idea in your head that it’s the same as having a crap.
You’re wrong
Semen is half a person. Crap is waste.
Jesus’ teaching was about taking back control of your mind
You are unable to keep your hands off yourself because you are making no effort to control your thoughts

Q : ”you have to first love yourself, before you can love another.”
A : Right.
But ‘loving yourself’ does not mean wanking your brains out

Q : ”it's just the ego trying to find itself through projected images of itself in our relationships”
A : You’ve never been in love have you

Q : ”first priority in a healthy relationship is to take care of yourself first”
A : No it isn’t

Q : “which means your health; physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual. Without that, you cannot love another as Jesus commands”
A : Yes you can.
In sex education class the teacher told you masturbation was healthy, right
The educational establishment is not part of the real world
As you go through life you will discover that a lot of what they taught you is nonsense

BSM1

What? Me worry?
There was no mention of religious affiliation in my post
Nor was there any mention of religiousness
When two people fall in love that love is God. That is what God looks and feels like. That is who he is.
Humans are obsessed with the idea that God would be stupid enough to give them free choice
Where is the free choice in love?
There is none
That is the way God created humans
You will worship him whether you want to or not. You have no choice because he IS love.

When two people fall in hate, this is also God.
When two people fall in indifference, this is also God.
When anyone does anything, this is also God.
Re: Isaiah 45:7.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Q : “If a man or a woman masturbates, what does this have to do with "love often develops as a consequence’? “
A : The word “often” does not mean always
OK, Does masturbation ever, at any time result in love developing as a consequence? If you believe it does, pray tell explain how.

Q : “I compare it to another bodily function of a bowel movement”
A : Masturbation hammers your nervous system.
Your body is a survival machine. The more you waste your seed the more it punishes you
And you have what research to support this? Aside from wive's fable's and the wild speculations of witch doctors, can you point to any valid research that supports this idea you've come up with from somewhere?

Aside from that "waste" your seed? You do realize there are hundreds of millions of sperm cells that are "wasted" as you put it every time you have sex, and only one, out of all of those, even has a chance of making it into the egg, if it is even an option. Out of curiosity, do you believe you should only have sex while the woman is ovulating, and never any other time but then since your seed is pretty assured to be "wasted"?

To be consistent, you'd better say yes.

Q : ”There is no ‘partnership’ thing going on. And if you believe it is a sin that should be avoided, do you have any support for that notion from the Bible?”
A : Your post was entirely about masturbation wasn’t it
Yes it was, because I hear people imagining it's committing a sin, when there is nothing that supports that. They get all bent out of shape they are doing something wrong, when what is actually wrong is the unsupportable notion it's a sin.

You have got this idea in your head that it’s the same as having a crap.
You’re wrong
It is comparable to any natural bodily function, like eating, sleeping, defecating, and so forth. Obviously it's a different function, but it is still natural and normal as any other normal body function. Why on earth do some religionists get so "anal" about it?

Semen is half a person. Crap is waste.
Dear God in heaven! Semen is half a person? :) You don't understand anything about biology, do you?

So, then, when you copulate with your partner, if let's say for instance you ejaculate 5ml of sperm. That approximately 500 million individual sperm cells. That means you have just sent 250 million people to their deaths. Not even Hitler in his wildest dreams could have envisioned such murderous successes! :)

No, sperm cells are not half a person. They are not a person at all. At best, they are potentials to become fertilized egg, and it's just a numbers game. Since God doesn't seem to see a problem with "wasting" 500,000,000 sperm cells per copulation, why should you? Are you questioning God?

Jesus’ teaching was about taking back control of your mind
Actually, that was more the Buddha. Jesus was about knowing Love and practicing that.

You are unable to keep your hands off yourself because you are making no effort to control your thoughts
Oh my, projection sandwich! :) You know nothing about me, what disciplines I practice, my sexual life, nor anything other than me starting this thread challenging what I find to be unhealthy thoughts, such as you espouse. I am promoting healthy thinking, which you are not expressing.

Q : ”you have to first love yourself, before you can love another.”
A : Right.
But ‘loving yourself’ does not mean wanking your brains out
It doesn't preclude it either. Why does it to you? Do you consider an unhealthy dissociation with your own body to be truly loving yourself?

Q : ”it's just the ego trying to find itself through projected images of itself in our relationships”
A : You’ve never been in love have you
Quite the contrary. The more you get your projected ego out of the way, the deeper and truer love is. I speak from experience, having been with the same woman for the past 18 years know. It is amazing how much people think they are loving someone else, and have no idea how much their own egos are in there. The intent may be there, but projection of our egos in relationships is sadly far more the norm, in the majority of relationships, my own ones included.

Q : ”first priority in a healthy relationship is to take care of yourself first”
A : No it isn’t
It absolutely is. If you are sick physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually, how can you be there for the other? How can you love another as yourself, when you are ill?

First order of business in an airplane when it loses oxygen is you put on that mask first, because if you're passed out, you cannot be a help for anyone else. It is an act of love to others, to take care of yourself first.

In sex education class the teacher told you masturbation was healthy, right
The educational establishment is not part of the real world
So... education is bad. I see. This all comes together now.

As you go through life you will discover that a lot of what they taught you is nonsense
And you'll find that there is a lot that you should have learned but chose to ignore because you knew better than all "them educated folk"....