• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Why does God allow wickedness?"

Skwim

Veteran Member
So, you're not really wondering why god allows wickedness. You already know and just want to tell us why.

Okay, reading a bit of your linked Watch Tower article I was amused at its use of the time worn *sigh* answer that's so often used when god's works make no sense: He knows better than we do so whatever he does has to be right; end of discussion.

"Jehovah has the power to destroy the wicked. Surely there must be good reasons why he has exercised such restraint. If Jehovah’s way of handling the situation is different from what we would recommend, should that surprise us? His experience is much greater than man’s, and his view of the situation is much broader than that of any human."
This... is... pathetic. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Are there reasons why God, for the most part, has stayed out of human affairs?

Yes. This link may answer some questions, I certainly learned from it:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989277#h=8:0-22:384

Any further questions, I'll try to answer them.

Here is another article, I learned from:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102002067

Can you summarize the article? I'm not too concerned about why God allows evil; however, it is interesting to ponder different perspectives on how people see god in relations to "evil."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Actually, I have questions.

Do you believe that god allowed evil and his reasons are justifable?

If they are justifable, can you come to that conclusion through your innerself and not hearsay (any peron believer or not) or readsay (any thing from scriptures to articles)?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In other words, stop being human. Hmmm . . . . . . .I wouldn't hold my breath. I yam what I yam and youse is what youse is, just like they are.
Of course, I am not trying to change you in anyway, I have my opinions just as you do, I just feel that mine is better than yours, as you probably think of mine being lesser than your's.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.

I could care less about Jehovah's Witnesses articles, but to answer the question: free will.

If God intervened, it would no longer be free will. That's why bad things happen to good people. Very simple, without the need of long winded explanations.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I could care less about Jehovah's Witnesses articles, but to answer the question: free will.

If God intervened, it would no longer be free will. That's why bad things happen to good people. Very simple, without the need of long winded explanations.

Sometimes, an answer brings up further questions. Like, in this instance, "I thought 'God is love'; how can I see His love in this, His standards and other qualities? Does God even care about our plight? Will He ever intervene?" Yes, free will is involved, but there are other reasons: issues were raised. This begs the questions, "What issues? What's the status of these 'issues'?"

Further explanation is needed.

BTW, it's "I couldn't care less."

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Sometimes, an answer brings up further questions. Like, in this instance, "I thought 'God is love'; how can I see His love in this, His standards and other qualities? Does God even care about our plight? Will He ever intervene?" Yes, free will is involved, but there are other reasons: issues were raised. This begs the questions, "What issues? What's the status of these 'issues'?"

Further explanation is needed.

BTW, it's "I couldn't care less."

No, further explanation is not needed when dealing with free will.

And "I could care less" is a North American cultural idiom that has been around since the 1950s. Thanks anyway for trying to be the grammar police. :rolleyes:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Actually, I have questions.

Do you believe that god allowed evil and his reasons are justifable?

If they are justifable, can you come to that conclusion through your innerself and not hearsay (any peron believer or not) or readsay (any thing from scriptures to articles)?

My faith, Carlita, is based on the Bible. Faith starts with gaining knowledge, and I get my knowledge from the Bible, and my understanding from study aids that help me to reason on it.

The Bible tells us not to trust our heart, because it "is treacherous." (Jeremiah 17:9)

I hope that answers your 2nd question.

To answer your 1st question.....yes, to settle the issues that were raised, once and for all time!

Whatever a person may endure -- even slavery their entire life -- the longest it will last is only 70 to 80+ years. Then they die, they are at rest, until the day they will be resurrected back to life (John 5:28-29, notice future tense; Acts of the Apostles 24:15, future tense), with the opportunity to live forever, in paradisaic conditions. In other words, to gain what Adam lost (for us.) --Revelation 21:1-4. (Would you like to understand what verse 1 is talking about, "New Heaven....New Earth....and the sea is no more", according to what I was taught?)

PS: Whenever I read anything in the (Bible) Scriptures that talks about God's dealings with people, I keep two things in mind: 1. The Bible states "God is love." (1 John 4:8), and 2. God "knows the heart." -- Acts of the Apostles 15:8

Take care.

Ken Brown

Shabbat Shalom Hockeycowboy, I like your name. The answer to your question is very simple. There are ONLY TWO days that Elohim will Sprinkle or Interact with human affairs, and that is the Third day, and the Seventh day. But, and that is a BIG but, the Third day was lengthened, because OTHER days were shortened (for the Elects sake). Hopefully, that answers your most difficult question. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Shabbat Shalom Hockeycowboy, I like your name. The answer to your question is very simple. There are ONLY TWO days that Elohim will Sprinkle or Interact with human affairs, and that is the Third day, and the Seventh day. But, and that is a BIG but, the Third day was lengthened, because OTHER days were shortened (for the Elects sake). Hopefully, that answers your most difficult question. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.

Take care, my friend. And peace to you.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

The reason is obvious and easy to see.
There is no God who cares. God does not care about what we do or believe, or what happens to us. If there were a God who did, we would know it and we'd know what God wants us to do.

Instead, there are thousands of different humans claiming to speak for God. That is completely different.
Tom

roger1440

I do stuff

it isn't that God has stayed out of human affairs, the problem is humans have stayed out of Godly affairs, or righteous affairs.