• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does G-d create so much life?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To build the structure of the human, full experience of the plant and animal kingdoms are needed.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
We're explorers.. They're teaching mechanisms, as well as tools for sustenance and evolution.

Skwim

Veteran Member
There are more species of life of Earth than there are stars in the galaxy. Biologists estimate that Earth is home to one trillion species.

The Largest Study of Life Forms Ever Has Estimated That Earth Is Home to 1 TRILLION Species

Why do you think G-d creates so much life?
It's like potato chips; ya can't stop at just one, or in this case, many billions. And if it's because it simply pleases him, one has to wonder why a trillion species would do this. Just what is it about such tremendous diversity that turns your crank, god?

To build the structure of the human, full experience of the plant and animal kingdoms are needed.
But the vast majority of species are never known to individual humans. And, just what is this "structure of the human" anyway?

We're explorers.. They're teaching mechanisms, as well as tools for sustenance and evolution.

So what are we learning from a trillion species that we couldn't learn from, say, ten billion species? As for tools for sustenance and evolution, this makes no sense. How do we employ a trillion species to gain sustenance? And, wouldn't a hundred thousand suffice? Furthermore, species are not tools of evolution, but products of evolution.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Skwim

Veteran Member
Trying to get it right.
Which certainly indicates a lack of skill. ;)

I think that, while God may have initiated some sort of process, speciation through evolution by natural selection accounts for this naturally. Mother nature is an amazing organism.
If one is committed to putting a god into the equation, this is as good an answer as any. :thumbsup:

idav

Being
Premium Member

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
@Nakosis hinted something similar but appears God uses trial and error which explains the diversity of life. My question is why God uses trial and error.

Because God isn't perfect. I understand some people would like their God to be perfect but that doesn't mean it's the actual case.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe because he loves life and the evolutionary process so He allowed it to happen?
That is an interesting reply!

What if we exist in the 'Mind' of God and are analogous to the planning process for a design rather than a goal.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
There are more species of life of Earth than there are stars in the galaxy. Biologists estimate that Earth is home to one trillion species.

The Largest Study of Life Forms Ever Has Estimated That Earth Is Home to 1 TRILLION Species

Why do you think G-d creates so much life?
A grand total of one trillion? Amazing! :D But in comparison to the size of the universe, it is actually an incredibly minute number. Each galaxy has over a 100 billion stars in them, and there are trillions upon trillions of galaxies in the universe. In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much biodiversity :p

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Earth's biological diversity is not predicted by the story in Genesis, but it is predicted by the Theory of Evolution.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Yes it's interesting that all the monotheistic concepts of God see God as perfect. Except the Gnostics but that God is really seen as a demigod.

If there was an existent God, I suspect God would be more like a scientist.

quote-god-is-a-scientist-not-a-magician-albert-einstein-87-1-0189.jpg