• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does falling in love hurt?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Falling in love hurts for me because I don't actually fall in love with the person but fall in love with a fantasy of who I think she is and then I deify the poor girl and worship the ground she walks on (plus I'm high on drugs all the time).

So I don't actually love her, I just love who I think she is. So, I'm trying to develop a true type of agape love for the woman who got a restraining order against me where I want what's best for her to the point that I would wear a crown of thorns, be scourged, beaten, bruised, knifed, mocked, spit on, and nailed to a cross for her to have a happy life in this one and be euphoric in the next; that she be blissful and reach the first degree of perfection, beauty, wisdom, knowledge, power, and glory for all eternity.

I'm not to the point where I love her with that kind of love which involves extreme sacrifice. What makes me attached to her is I fell three stories onto concrete for her. I literally "fell" in love. That's way more special than losing my virginity hahaha. I won't be able to run long distances again as a result of meeting her and I used to run 12 miles straight and running was my favorite thing to do. So I'm always reminded of her for the rest of my life. Plus, her name comes from someone who was a reject in Scripture who spiritual writers say represents the cross, afflictions, and suffering.

I feel like we met for a reason and that it was God's providence, the work of a malevolent spirit, or both. This lead to an obsession with her and now a desire to suffer and die for her that she be enlightened, find unity with God, find true wisdom, and find true happiness for all eternity.

Anyway, how or why does falling in love hurt for you or has it in the past?

anna.

but mostly it's the same
So, I'm trying to develop a true type of agape love for the woman who got a restraining order against me

shocked.gif

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Is there something wrong with agape love in that circumstance?
At least I'm honest!

I'm the open book at RF. I expose all the darkness in my heart, hoping it will help others feel better about themselves. I'm deeply wounded and sick but very compassionate as well.

thTTB3UBKV.jpg
thSC6OT4RI.jpg
th3L6U237L.jpg
thGHYA2C6C.jpg
thMZWJQ3AO.jpg

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Do you care enough about her to be concerned that you made her afraid of you, or of what you might do?
I'm sad that she thinks I'm a danger to her when I only want what's best for her. Sometimes I love her like a sister. Other times I love her like she's my granddaughter lol. Now I love her like I'm her personal Carmelite prayer warrior and guardian Angel Incarnate.

I'm not afraid of what I might do to her because I know the creepiest thing I would do to her is take her shopping and buy her things, spend my whole paycheck wining and dining her at fancy restaurants, walk with her, buy her flowers, chant to her in ecclesiastical Latin, pray for her and bless her. That's all I want to do.