• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does Christ's death atone for my sin?

Scott1

Fascist Christ said:
And then passed it around for everyone to drink. Now that's gruesome. I mean, imagine trying to teach this stuff to a child.
The intollerance convention is two doors down.... geez, what happened to respecting different beliefs on this site?:(

Fascist Christ

Scott1 said:
The intollerance convention is two doors down.... geez, what happened to respecting different beliefs on this site?:(
But I do respect it. Am I not allowed to express my opinons when I am grossed out by the customs of a different cult? Wouldn't such censorship be intolerence toward my own beliefs?

You can believe what you want, that harms me in no way. But there is no education if we cannot allow the free exchange of ideas due to someone's perspective possibly hurting someone's feelings. I am not trying to insult anyone, and I appoligize if I have done any harm, as it was unintentional.

In an effort to understand the most popular religion in my country, specifically regarding the subject of the thread, it may be useful to consider the rituals. How does his death atone my sins? Does drinking the blood have something to do with it? Granted, I find this to be gross, and the one time I let my mother take my kids to church, I found that I had to come up with a way to explain this stuff to them. I shared my opinions with them, and I know my opinons differ from the Christian perspective.

So, to reprhase this as a question, how does his death atone my sins and how can I explain it to young children?

Scott1

Fascist Christ said:
But I do respect it.
OK.... I guess we show "respect" in different ways, but I'll take your word for it.... I apologize.
Am I not allowed to express my opinons when I am grossed out by the customs of a different cult? Wouldn't such censorship be intolerence toward my own beliefs?
A person can express an opinion without being rude.... and if you are truly looking to "understand the most popular religion in my country" you might want to gather all the information before expressing your "opinions".... just a thought.
So, to reprhase this as a question, how does his death atone my sins and how can I explain it to young children?
Your questions have already been answered on this thread.... and you should not explain it to young children, not your place to do so.

Cordoba

Fascist Christ said:
So, not only did they intend to crucify an innocent man, but, thanks to god, they executed the wrong person?
Yes. God saved Jesus, peace be upon him.

"And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Rather God raised him to Himself. And ever is God Exalted in Might and Wise." (4:157-158)

Fascist Christ

Scott1 said:
Your questions have already been answered on this thread....
Maybe I missed it, but did someone already address the issue regarding the necessity of the violence and bloodshed? I guess I'll have to read it again.

Scott1 said:
and you should not explain it to young children, not your place to do so.
Then whose place is it to teach my children about this? This calls for a new thread.

Scott1

Fascist Christ said:
Then whose place is it to teach my children about this? This calls for a new thread.
Why would you teach your children something you don't believe in?