• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you worship what you do?

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Seyorni said:
I Why an omniscient, omnipotent God should concern himself so with the human condition is problematic.
/QUOTE]

Peace be with you Sey,
The Onminscient Omnipotent God concerns Himself with us simply because we are His creatures. He is the One who created us, thus He loves us and He cares for us. He wants good for us, and He wants us to succeed in this life and the life to come, i.e. the afterlife. Since He created us so He is the One who knows what's good for us and what's bad for us. Thus we must obey Him and worship Him and ask for His guidance.

Peace

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Peace said:
I worship the One God, the Creator of the skies, the earth and what’s therein and the Creator of all that exist. I worship the One who originated me by His blessing before I was a thing remembered. I worship the One who created me from dust and originated my creation from a sperm-drop spilled and made me to dwell in a threefold gloom among flesh,blood and skin. I worship the One who watched over me in the cradle as an infant baby provided me with food, wholesome milk, and turned the hearts of the nurse-maids toward me. I worship the One who entrusted my upbringing to a compassionate mother who looked after me and embraced me with her affection by His Mercy. I worship the One who nurtured me more and more each year until, when my nature was perfected and my strength balanced, He made His argument incumbent upon me by inspiring me with His knowledge, awing me with the marvels of His wisdom, awakening me to the wonders of His creation and instructing me in His thanks and remembrance. I worship the One who guided me to Him and making me so close to Him to know Him by sending His Messengers with good tidings and knowledge to learn. I worship the One to whom I pray and He answers me and the One that when I ask Him He gives me and when I obey Him He shows me His gratitude and when I thank Him He gives me more. I worship the One who pardons the greatest sins by His clemency and gives abundance by His generosity.
I worship the One who is my Sustenance in my adversity and my Companion in my solitude and my Healer in my sickness and my Aid in my affliction.. I worship my God and the God of my fathers Adam, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac and Jacob. I worship the God of Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. I worship the God and Lord of Gabriel, Michael and Israfil. I worship the God of the whole universe who created you and me and all that exist.
I am really sorry for those who are deny their Creator and still unable to know Him though He is the One who created them and has bestowed on them all the bounties they are He is the One who created them and has bestowed on them all the bounties they are enjoying and more than that He had bestowed on them a mind by which they could reason and come to know Him. Oh if only they could know Him!
May our dear God guide our ways!!! Amen

Peace
Great post; Michel;)

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
With my take on the Gnostic faith, i believe that knowing the Silence is unknowable by humans. But by attempting to live like the perfect people Seth (Yeshua & Miriam) we can get a little closer to understanding. The reason I believe this is because if God (god) is knowable, and attainable, is it really God? or is it someone else's good idea? Taking the literalist shell off of religions and looking behind it works for me. I enjoy reading between the lines and grasping further insight to human nature. The Gnostic texts just do it for me, and i hope to be a better person by allowing those words to stay with me. Most religions have a good message, some even have the same message, but it's presented differently.
All i have to say is that when I read my Gnostic Bible, a place deep inside of me comes alive... and for a moment i really feel like i've become a better person.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
gtrsgrls said:
This occured to me when someone was telling me about all the different gods that he worships.Wouldn't a god actually need a reason to be worshipped?I mean, people worship the Christian God because he created everything.(at least to a christian)But I've found that some people just worship "gods" without any apparent reason.So again,Why do you worship what you do?And if you don't have a reason to worship something than why do you do it?(I'm not looking for an argument)
I worship as I do because I have found answers to life's questions in my religious beliefs that I have not found elsewhere. I believe that the only truth we can know is the truth that works. For me, the truths I have found in my faith work for me. The God of my faith is the God who loves me and sustains me. Without Him, I really wouldn't know where else to turn.

ayani

i don't really worship a particular thing or entity.

but there are many times where i feel especially "worshipful", if that makes sense.

being in communinion with others, feeling at ease, getting my hands dirty... that, for me, is worship.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
werdnighoffmann said:
hmmm.....what about the idea that worship is simply a behavior that we think will lead to desirable consequences for us ?
Kind of as in "If I'm kind to the 'Top Man', and remember to pray to him often, he'll let me have what I want ?" - Not my style. :D

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. NIV

My life is my worship. My worship is my life. It is 24/7/365! As I have pointed out before, the problem with living sacrifices is that they keep crawling off of the alter! :D

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

werdnighoffmann said:
hmmm.....what about the idea that worship is simply a behavior that we think will lead to desirable consequences for us ?
Then that is a HUGE problem!

Because various scriptures explicitly condemn this attitude.

For example, the Baha'i scriptures say quite plainly that our actions must be done totally absent either hope of reward or fear of punishment, or otherwise they are unacceptable!

Peace,

Bruce