• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Think You Will Know the Truth After You Die?

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a discussion thread and not a debate thread. Please restrain from indulging yourself in any mouth frothing. If you wish to debate whether or not we survive death, or even whether or not we will learn the truth after death, please start your own thread.

Why do you think you will know the truth at last after you die (assuming that's what you think)? Just curious.

Yes, I believe all will be revealed.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
PLEASE NOTE: This is a discussion thread and not a debate thread. Please restrain from indulging yourself in any mouth frothing. If you wish to debate whether or not we survive death, or even whether or not we will learn the truth after death, please start your own thread.

Why do you think you will know the truth at last after you die (assuming that's what you think)? Just curious.
Because we personally do not own the truth when living in a lower life form...and when we regain our Creator spirit, an eternal being, then we understand our experience, after being released from suffering it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I won't know the truth after I die. Nor anything else.
I agree with that.

I tend to view the state prior to conception as a workable template for speculation into the state of death.

I suppose it doesn't really matter since there will be no thoughts or awareness.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist

I think I already know the truth. Unfortunately, this means I have virtually no idea what will happen to me after I die. I'll explain why I believe this.

I believer that the Afterlife is strongly colored by our perceptions. That is, it's like adding things to water or flavor to ice cream. It's what's known as qualia, things like the color of the sunrise that vary slightly from person to person, only Afterlife is the ultimate qualia. Do you just die? Do you reincarnate? Do you go somewhere?

The reason that I don't expect to have a predictable time of things, is because if we were to compare by beliefs to ice cream, it would be a bit like ice cream-flavored ice cream.

But no, generally, I think when you die, far from seeing the truth, you'll just reinforce the Afterlife you believe already.

Hawkins

Humans with their science can't tell. As soul is an advocate at the same time about something not lying inside our space/time.

Humans thus need to make an assumption by faith. Either you assume that life ends here, or you assume that it doesn't. So it boils down to which faith you prefer to prepare yourself to.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I didn't understand why you posed the question as you did, being I think life is truth. After death, a would assume we get what we get and that what we get will be true too.
I don't have the truth right now.
And I don't expect to get smarter when I die.

Audie

Veteran Member
From what I understand people in the sky land will know all things. Or to be precise they'll have instant access to anything they want to know. It's not exactly omniscience but access to omniscience.

That is awful! Who would want to just be given everything?