• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Think You Will Know the Truth After You Die?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
PLEASE NOTE: This is a discussion thread and not a debate thread. Please restrain from indulging yourself in any mouth frothing. If you wish to debate whether or not we survive death, or even whether or not we will learn the truth after death, please start your own thread.

Why do you think you will know the truth at last after you die (assuming that's what you think)? Just curious.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No. I think the mind will be completely wiped. Just like when I was born in this life, you start with a fresh clean/blank mind.

Truth is only good for the lifetime lived , then I suspect things completely starts over , with a completely new birth assuming sapience is enabled.

I think 'ultimate' truth will forever be out of grasp, yet even truth itself may continually change to where the 'original' has been since long gone leading me to think we live in a continuum.

Jedster

PLEASE NOTE: This is a discussion thread and not a debate thread. Please restrain from indulging yourself in any mouth frothing. If you wish to debate whether or not we survive death, or even whether or not we will learn the truth after death, please start your own thread.

Why do you think you will know the truth at last after you die (assuming that's what you think)? Just curious.

Kabir asks the same question.

“If you don't break your ropes while you're alive, do you think ghosts will do it after?”
― Kabir

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why do you think you will know the truth at last after you die
  • People's near-death experiences
  • Testimony of people who are on the edge of death and see beyond.
  • The statements of the saints and sages.
  • A couple of personal experiences where I felt a veil "thin" and was able to perceive "beyond" albeit dimly.

Workman

UNIQUE

I am speaking from experiencing..(I) was there..Believe it not!..there was a certain time my eyes had different lenses..and my whole (Fooled) it to The Dimension..it was beyond any reality of the here and now..Father told me it was the ‘Kingdom of Heaven’..it so amazing there, and I can’t wait to go back with my loved ones too..but father sent me back for Work..so here I am.. for to now be DIVISION!

no single words can explain it..but all words into one..WILL..be who I am..and from the WORD was ‘GOD’.

God Bless You SunStone..

Last edited:

74x12

From what I understand people in the sky land will know all things. Or to be precise they'll have instant access to anything they want to know. It's not exactly omniscience but access to omniscience.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I now see death as a messenger of joy. There has been a lot written on this subject for a person to pursue, if they are interested in this topic.

My thoughts are based in passages such as these.

"O SON OF THE SUPREME! I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost thou grieve? I made the light to shed on thee its splendor. Why dost thou veil thyself therefrom?"

"As to those that have tasted of the fruit of man's earthly existence, which is the recognition of the one true God . . . their life hereafter is such as We are unable to describe. The knowledge thereof is with God, alone, the Lord of all worlds."

Bahá’u’lláh, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 345-346

Regards Tony

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I claim to have absolutely no knowledge. I've had what is typically described as a spiritual experience, and it certainly did seem like I did experience something. But I've also have blacked out from a low blood sugar seizure, and that was basically temporary oblivion (sleep and anesthesia dont even compare) to the point I didn't even know that I did blacked out until I began piecing things together. The only thing I know to make out of it all is that for sure I know my brain was doing something during both events. Expanded consciousness or non-existence, maybe we will know, but I doubt it, and the ego probably does go with the body, I don't really know after that except that even if there is some sort of soul "I" will be gone.

Notthedarkweb

Indian phil, German idealism, Rawls
I don't really know. I am not arrogant enough to believe that I have yet achieved mukti, and likely I won't in this lifetime. But I can try.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money

We passed this on from our ancestors this data
Because we are in life like exam time inside the school hall
There is a specific time to be completed and then we are waiting for the result
Then receive the result either successful or failed
The highest score is to answer the question of the true Creator God
If we fail to answer, we will suffer from failure

The wrong answer is like
Take taxi and say send me to the devil
Or take a taxi and say send me to a famous character
Or when you arrive there you will not find God there
You must take taxi and go to the true God and this is the correct answer
We are in the exam world

cataway

4 There is hope for whoever is among the living, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion. 5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

To "know" is an intellectual function which, in my view, ceases when the brain dies. Any knowing of truth would have to come before temporal death in relative reality.

As I see it, beyond relative reality, there is simply being.

Good-Ole-Rebel

I believe as a Christian, I know the Truth now. That knowing will continue after I die as this knowing is of the Spirit. Just because the physical brain dies, it does not affect the mind of the soul/spirit.

But, I do believe that we Christians, the believers, when we die, won't know all things. We still know to the extent that we knew when we died. In other words we take off there where we leave off here. I believe we will always be learning.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Thief

Rogue Theologian
PLEASE NOTE: or even whether or not we will learn the truth after death, please start your own thread.

hmmmm…….how do I respond to the question ….'why'

and at the same insistence you might forbid whether or not we do at all

but assuming you ARE curious
we leave this world naked
no one can hide the way they think and feel

no one can hide their dreams

truth

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

According to Abrahamic eschatology which is common in the three faiths the soul will perceive true reality both physical and the ethereal.

ZenMonkey

St. James VII

I didn't understand why you posed the question as you did, being I think life is truth. After death, a would assume we get what we get and that what we get will be true too.