• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why do you seek?

angrymoose

angrymoose
I believe as humans we have a deep seated need to feel "connected" to the world around us and to the past. Humans are social beings. Sometimes we think emotionally.

Religion can provide inspiration but I think sometimes people take advatage of our needs

Does something exist beyond the physical? What is the physical? there are clearly things that are physical we don't know how to measure; e.g., your consciousness. We might have some inducators about thought but we can look into the mind of another. We have feelings and hunches

We see vague patterns that we can't pin down.

Questions are good. They open the mind. The world is indeed a strange place:
1. How can the universe be finite
2. How can it be infinite
3. What caused evolution?

A lot can be appreciated and learned for in the now. When things suck, sometimes we haven't looked at them properly.

What about action? Exercise?

ellenjanuary

Questions are great! More questions!

Answers, however... answers are highly overrated. I got answered. I got answered right out of existence. That's all right. I got my Gwynnies, I got my hole; I may have loosened the LC into the conceptual fishbowl... man, that thing's a whole pantheon right there... but dealing with that; that is one brain, fried. It was a good brain... :D

Primordial Annihilator

Questions are good. They open the mind. The world is indeed a strange place:
1. How can the universe be finite
2. How can it be infinite
3. What caused evolution?

1. Because it is expanding metrically basically.
2. It isnt, although imaginary time might be.
3. Biogenesis is the invevitable 'simplex' product of chaos...ordered systems arising from inanimate matter...(under suitable chemical conditions)..in our case around black smoker oceanic vents about 5 bya...crystals and stars are examples...self replicating proteins are too..life forms however are just highly complex examples that are capable of staving off the laws of entropy temporarily.

Last edited:

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I seek because I value constant learning. Learning is what keeps you alive. Once you stop learning, you become stagnant. The only constant is change, and in order to survive, you must adapt to change. The only way to adapt to change is to learn as you go.

I seek because I realize that I don't know everything. If I felt that I did know everything, that I already had all the answers, it would cause me to close off my mind.

I seek because I think of life as a 'question' and death as the 'answer.' If you already feel you know the answer, then you might as well have never asked the question (i.e.: be dead).