• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you say" you have to prove your personal faith and beliefs"

Neuropteron

You have some very good points in your reply. Yes discussion are always welcome. What is not ok is the constant negativity toward individual believers and their personal beliefs, as examples is the " you are wrong" just because someone disagree does not make a personal belief more wrong.

A straman fallacy does not become a strawman fallacy someone believe you don't understand your own belief or they think you are wrong in your faith.

Mostly I think those who make negative"critique" do it to "test" the believers

Hi,
Very true. and thank you for your response.

We should alway keep in mind that we could be wrong as well.
Perhaps a good way to approach different viewpoints is to explain the reasons for believing differently by reasoning or references.

Let's also keep in mind that opposing beliefs are not a personal attack on us, so we should not take it personally.

Viker

Häxan
Why should someone have to prove to you that "their belief" is right for them. It is a personal belief in a religious faith they hold. Who are you to say they are wrong, or it is not logical to believe as they do, because YOU don't believe what they do.

Who are you to tell a faithful believer that their belief is wrong, because there is no "evidence" that YOU accept to be true?

It is not your belief/disbelief, but if the faithful believer has all the personal evidence that their belief is right for them.

Who are you to tell them it is not?
The believer has the proof they need personally to hold their faithful belief in what ever religious faith they follow. They do not have to prove it to anybody.

You can ask: why do you believe so or so, and what ever the answer you get that is why that person believe what they do. You do not have the right to say "your belief is wrong" just because you disagree. Accept that people believe and walk away.

And yes I know your attack will come...who cares anyway????
Being the friendly hospitable sort I never concern my self with proving myself or merits of religion. I'm not interested in converting anyone. I will share with others. Talking down to others is disrespectful. Claiming they are wrong is a hurtful approach.

Some people are very convinced they have the correct way and want to spread their gospels. They don't usually mean any harm. If they go about it wisely no harm is done.