• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you looking to find faults in other peoples belief?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why do you looking to find faults in other peoples belief and faith, when you would hate when others did that to you? Are you that insecure about yourself?

If you calling other people's faith for evil, are you any better yourself?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why do you looking to find faults in other peoples belief and faith, when you would hate when others did that to you? Are you that insecure about yourself?

If you calling other people's faith for evil, are you any better yourself?

Other people's beliefs only bother me when they act upon them in ways that negatively impact others.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The faults are part of the belief system. It's better to be aware of them rather than ignore them.
Who say believers ignore them?
Would you love me to pick appart your personal belief? Would you love to hear every day that your beliefs are full of hate and it being evil because I could look up the 1% of scriptures that I could believe spoke about hate and evil deeds?

AlexanderG

Mainly, the faults I want to point out are the ones that cause believers to harm other people, solely because of those faulty beliefs. For example, a family disowning their gay teenager. If they didn't embrace these fallacies, biases, or baseless claims, then the world would be an objectively better place.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Would you love me to pick appart your personal belief? Would you love to hear every day that your beliefs are full of hate and it being evil because I could look up the 1% of scriptures that I could believe spoke about hate and evil deeds?
I've come to terms with the faults in my religion. I would be surprised if you could come up with something new I haven't heard of before.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Mainly, the faults I want to point out are the ones that cause believers to harm other people, solely because of those faulty beliefs. For example, a family disowning their gay teenager. If they didn't embrace these fallacies, biases, or baseless claims, then the world would be an objectively better place.
One should never hate anyone, but is it right of you to pick apart someones belief, just because you disagree with them?

AlexanderG

In my experience, people who are naturally hateful tend to focus on the hateful verses in their holy scripture. People who are naturally kind and confident will gravitate toward interpretations of the same scripture that encourage them to continue being kind.

If you're acting hateful, that's a problem with you. Scripture makes it easier to be hateful, because you believe the creator of all existence is endorsing your hate, but it's not the root of the problem.

AlexanderG

One should never hate anyone, but is it right of you to pick apart someones belief, just because you disagree with them?

I don't hate anyone? I'm hoping to help them.

If people learn to form their beliefs based on bad reasoning, then it can bleed over into other parts of their life, harming themselves and others. For example, Evangelicals, who have been raised to think that wanting a claim to be true will in fact make it more likely to be true, are one of the groups most predisposed to other faulty thinking: Conspiracy theories, election lies, MLMs, QAnon, flat earth, etc.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In my experience, people who are naturally hateful tend to focus on the hateful verses in their holy scripture. People who are naturally kind and confident will gravitate toward interpretations of the same scripture that encourage them to continue being kind.

If you're acting hateful, that's a problem with you. Scripture makes it easier to be hateful, because you believe the creator of all existence is endorsing your hate, but it's not the root of the problem.
I think it is easy to see whom follow a teaching with intention to harm othets, those people do need to be told that they are about to harm others. But in any religion mostly all followers are not after harming others. Mostly all believers wish love and kindness toward others.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
That is not the point, I have no need or wish to pick apart your beliefs, because its your beliefs not mine.
OK, to address your point directly:

If the scripture in my religion is hateful and evil and you point it out, even if it's 1% of scripture, I may not enjoy it, but I think it's valuable. Especially if I'm praising it in ignorance.

Better?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Those confident in their beliefs should welcome civil critique and scrutiny. If they hold up then they're strengthened. If they don't then they should be reevaluated.
Why? Who says your understanding of a belief is "more correct" than those who follow that teaching you critique?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
OK, to address your point directly:

If the scripture in my religion is hateful and evil and you point it out, even if it's 1% of scripture, I may not enjoy it, but I think it's valuable. Especially if I'm praising it in ignorance.

Better?
You enjoy it if you come to RF and every day the same people telling you over and over again, your beliefs is evil, your faith is wrong.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
We're all humans first position family.

Human own beliefs. Yet humans act out behaviours contrary to beliefs. As stories also involve human coercion.

As rich man coerced civilisation status versus natural family first. Then thesis technology science that attacked us.

So coercive beliefs are known involved in channelled feedback heard literatures. Recorded life a heavens state to hear voice stated men already acting very badly as humans.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Guys you all know i do not mean no harm toward you as a person or your beliefs.
Why did i make this OP? I made it so you are aware that even there are OP about religion you disagree with, or scriptures you disagree with. Your own words toward others may hurt even you, yourself did not mean to hurt.
Listening to the same negative comments about one own belief can get to the people who feel weak in their faith.

Luckely i am not weak in my faith anymore. So you don't harm me. Actually as I said in an other op i made today.

I love that you hate me (my faith) i honestly love that you use time and energy, your own energy to "teach me" what I "should know" about my own belief.

Keep it up guys ;)