• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do You Hate Donald John Trump?

Curious George

Veteran Member
I don't. I don't think he is honest, i think he lacks integrity and I find it sad that so many people ignore his faults because they dislike "the other side" so much.

We elected a bad leader and many here supported him and still continue to support him despite his displays of poor leadership.

I think it is more a reflection on the people than it is on him.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's not just him, there's Moscow Mitch and much of the Republican Party. But to answer the question:

Lies. Lack of honor. Self-obsession. Sociopath. Lack of empathy. Hypocrisy. Incompetence. Failures. Promoting hate and fear. Immorality. Promoting destruction not construction. Liking dictators and hating freedom. Crimes. Bigotry. Trying to drag us down a dark path. Treating women like objects to be grabbed and possessed. Attacking freedom of speech with attempts to have government regulate and control speech. Hating American ideals. Preferring toadies over competent people.

67800347_1135972553458045_8079738592299057152_n.jpg

It_started.jpg

white.jpg

PruePhillip

The title of this thread is self explanatory

Trump didn't win the Presidency, the Democrats lost it.
Many conservative and mainstream people find Trump problematic,
but then, what alternative is there as the Democrats continue to the
Left?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
As a political figure I think he represents an ugly-minded ignorant streak the US is going through. Literal ignorance, where political disenfranchisement and low levels of critical thinking have fused into cognitive dissonance you could cut with a knife. As a person he continually promotes narcissism, greed and xenophobia which is doing just about anything but making America great. As a leader he's expanded the swamp and paved the way for further steps into corporate oligarchy, where America is becoming less and less good at anything except overspending on defense and milking the non-rich for all they're worth.

PruePhillip

As a political figure I think he represents an ugly-minded ignorant streak the US is going through. Literal ignorance, where political disenfranchisement and low levels of critical thinking have fused into cognitive dissonance you could cut with a knife. As a person he continually promotes narcissism, greed and xenophobia which is doing just about anything but making America great. As a leader he's expanded the swamp and paved the way for further steps into corporate oligarchy, where America is becoming less and less good at anything except overspending on defense and milking the non-rich for all they're worth.

$639 billion in 2018, according to a site I looked up.
Is that going up in real terms?
How much, in reality, is China and Russia spending?
Should China have the Sth China Sea? Should Russia take the Ukraine?
What is the Democrat response to the rising challenge of global dictatorships?

Not American, but I can understand how Americans feel carrying the burden
of Western defense. But should America stop carrying the burden then it's
game over, maybe.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
There are some things I dislike about Trump....but I basically like him because he is not a phony...he tells what he thinks whether you like what he thinks or not.

Other reasons why I like him is that his grandfather was poor and European and his family built a fortune through sacrifices and hard work.
And when he speaks to the people, he feels its needs, its worries, its struggles.
Most politicians look down on the people...eyes never lie.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've disliked Trump long before I had any inkling of his political leanings, reasons being that he has a huge ego yet displays a lack of intelligence, self awareness, integrity, and decorum. A goofy douche who managed to bull**** his way through everything.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump didn't win the Presidency, the Democrats lost it.
Many conservative and mainstream people find Trump problematic,
but then, what alternative is there as the Democrats continue to the
Left?
I shudder to think where we would be at had Hillary won. All I know is it wouldn't be pretty.

Laika

Premium Member
The title of this thread is self explanatory

Over time, I have come sort of "resigned" to the distinct possibility that Trump will be re-elected in 2020 and may serve a second term. The Democrats have talked, but they haven't seriously improved the situation. So, I can't hold Trump personally responsible for many of the things his administration has done or what he represents in the Republican Party. There is a context to his actions and much bigger forces at work within the United States that made this bizarre and disturbing polarisation possible and continue for at least the duration of his administration.

He's got about 30-40% of the population on his side and he has kept that support throughout his term. (Or as he put it: "I could shoot somebody and still not lose voters!") If you look at the entirety of his speeches, the man clearly does have quite a lot of Charisma and does know how to play a crowd. His supporters believe, rightly to an extent, that something has gone deeply wrong in the United States and that "someone" has to address it. That is actually something most Democrats can agree with, although the specific issues, policies and personalities involved change even as the substance of the discussion remains the same: "What went wrong and how the hell do we fix it?" At this point, I don't think Trump has the solutions, nor do I think the Democrats do either. We are watching history at work and we are all too small to see exactly what's going on and where the tide is taking us. It's easy to get angry about it, but it doesn't actually help.

There are many things to be said about Trump's personality, his divisive style of leadership and the polarising effect he's had on political discourse. It is profoundly depressing to see the state of affairs America has got itself in to and to watch the Republican Party sell itself out. The situation with immigration on the southern border is distressing to hear people talk about and does have echoes of darker times.

But that is all scenery for the main event which, for me, is the anti-environmental policies. I'm a Brit, so American politics shouldn't really be important to me as we are separated by the Atlantic Ocean. But as America is the second largest emitter of greenhouse gases and is basically refusing to end its oil addiction, it will continue to contribute to climate change and everyone will suffer.

To pick out one issue, the consequences of the US withdrawal from the Paris agreement is going to far outlast his presidency and will probably become infamous to future generations. The agreement was not "good" and wasn't a silver bullet that was going to deal with the whole problem, but what was already a very serious and bad situation in 2015/2016, is now far worse and it will have a profound, negative impacts within my life time. It's going to be an uphill battle to prevent catastrophic climate change within the 10-15 years we have left and the current toxicity is going to make that nearly impossible to get anything done through a divided and polarised congress (with both an ineffective Democratic Party and an obstructionist, militant, Republican Party).

I might just about be able to bare the Trump administration if I thought it was going to be an aberration. But by failing to address climate change, its likely to establish a "new normal" for a few decades until we eventually feel the full impacts of the environmental damage. Then... I don't know. It gets darker each time I think about it, and sometimes I can handle it, other times I don't handle it so well. It forces you to re-evaluate things in a way I never imagined was possible or necessary.

Laika

Premium Member
I shudder to think where we would be at had Hillary won. All I know is it wouldn't be pretty.

Given the polarisation and the gridlock this would have meant in Congress, it wouldn't have been that much better. As President she might have handled somethings better given her past experience, and the tone of discussion would have been different somewhat, but the situation would have challenged anyone.

Twilight Hue

Given the polarisation and the gridlock this would have meant in Congress, it wouldn't have been that much better. As President she might have handled somethings better given her past experience, and the tone of discussion would have been different somewhat, but the situation would have challenged anyone.

I feel she would have maintained the status quo and business as usual mentality. People would still be enslaved to the Obamacare mandate, The Nanny State machine will be in full auto run, and our borders will be completely overrun with the illegals.

Weed would be legalized Nationwide and I will be in my room listening to, "It's the End of the World as we know it". by REM. (But I will feel fine)

Twilight Hue

Over time, I have come sort of "resigned" to the distinct possibility that Trump will be re-elected in 2020 and may serve a second term. The Democrats have talked, but they haven't seriously improved the situation. So, I can't hold Trump personally responsible for many of the things his administration has done or what he represents in the Republican Party. There is a context to his actions and much bigger forces at work within the United States that made this bizarre and disturbing polarisation possible and continue for at least the duration of his administration.

He's got about 30-40% of the population on his side and he has kept that support throughout his term. (Or as he put it: "I could shoot somebody and still not lose voters!") If you look at the entirety of his speeches, the man clearly does have quite a lot of Charisma and does know how to play a crowd. His supporters believe, rightly to an extent, that something has gone deeply wrong in the United States and that "someone" has to address it. That is actually something most Democrats can agree with, although the specific issues, policies and personalities involved change even as the substance of the discussion remains the same: "What went wrong and how the hell do we fix it?" At this point, I don't think Trump has the solutions, nor do I think the Democrats do either. We are watching history at work and we are all too small to see exactly what's going on and where the tide is taking us. It's easy to get angry about it, but it doesn't actually help.

There are many things to be said about Trump's personality, his divisive style of leadership and the polarising effect he's had on political discourse. It is profoundly depressing to see the state of affairs America has got itself in to and to watch the Republican Party sell itself out. The situation with immigration on the southern border is distressing to hear people talk about and does have echoes of darker times.

But that is all scenery for the main event which, for me, is the anti-environmental policies. I'm a Brit, so American politics shouldn't really be important to me as we are separated by the Atlantic Ocean. But as America is the second largest emitter of greenhouse gases and is basically refusing to end its oil addiction, it will continue to contribute to climate change and everyone will suffer.

To pick out one issue, the consequences of the US withdrawal from the Paris agreement is going to far outlast his presidency and will probably become infamous to future generations. The agreement was not "good" and wasn't a silver bullet that was going to deal with the whole problem, but what was already a very serious and bad situation in 2015/2016, is now far worse and it will have a profound, negative impacts within my life time. It's going to be an uphill battle to prevent catastrophic climate change within the 10-15 years we have left and the current toxicity is going to make that nearly impossible to get anything done through a divided and polarised congress (with both an ineffective Democratic Party and an obstructionist, militant, Republican Party).

I might just about be able to bare the Trump administration if I thought it was going to be an aberration. But by failing to address climate change, its likely to establish a "new normal" for a few decades until we eventually feel the full impacts of the environmental damage. Then... I don't know. It gets darker each time I think about it, and sometimes I can handle it, other times I don't handle it so well. It forces you to re-evaluate things in a way I never imagined was possible or necessary.

Technically the US is still a part of the Paris Accord agreement untill Nov 5th , 2020 which is when President Trump can formally withdraw the signature.

The agreement was never ratified under Obama , so on paper at least, we're still signed up with the Paris Accord. Trump is just saying we're not committed to follow the Paris Accord agreement.

We signed, but never formally committed.

Trump is just planning to remove our signature from the agreement when it expires.

sooda

Veteran Member
It's not just him, there's Moscow Mitch and much of the Republican Party. But to answer the question:

Lies. Lack of honor. Self-obsession. Sociopath. Lack of empathy. Hypocrisy. Incompetence. Failures. Promoting hate and fear. Immorality. Promoting destruction not construction. Liking dictators and hating freedom. Crimes. Bigotry. Trying to drag us down a dark path. Treating women like objects to be grabbed and possessed. Attacking freedom of speech with attempts to have government regulate and control speech. Hating American ideals. Preferring toadies over competent people.

67800347_1135972553458045_8079738592299057152_n.jpg

View attachment 31813

View attachment 31814

Trump has NEVER ranted and raved about white European illegal immigrants.