• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you follow your current religion?

What is your reason to follow your religion? It is because...

• ...I believe it is the truth that I should accept.

• ...I like what it has to offer.

• ...I want to belong with its followers because I like them.

• ...I want to look cool thinking it is a cool thing. (ego)

• ...I'm forced to. (acting being a believer to be safe)

• ...of something else. (please specify)

• ...I feel lost and I want to have a meaning for my life.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I follow mine because it's tasty... no, seriously, I follow it because I believe it is the right path and it stands for the good of humanity, even tho it has things I don't like (but I believe in).

What's your reason(s)? And please be honest if you participate, specially if it is the "being cool" option.

You can have multiple selections, even with combination with the last one.

If you guys believe an option is missing or something is wrong in this thread, please advise.

Important notes:
If you wish to debate, debate only the reasons others mention. Please, don't debate specific religions based on the reason(s) given. You also don't need to mention your religion if it is not specified under your avatar.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I follow mine because it's tasty... no, seriously, I follow it because I believe it is the right path and it stands for the good of humanity, even tho it has things I don't like (but I believe in).

What's your reason(s)? And please be honest if you participate, specially if it is the "being cool" option.

If you guys believe an option is missing or something is wrong in this thread, please advise.

Important notes:
If you wish to debate, debate only the reasons others mention. Please, don't debate specific religions based on the reason(s) given. You also don't need to mention your religion if it is not specified under your avatar. However, please make sure it is what's mentioned under your avatar, if it is mentioned.

Because of Shawurma. :D

Laika

Premium Member
"something else". As an Atheist researching Islam, this doesn't really apply- but I feel the need to understand Islam as it keeps coming up so many times in conversations on here. I couldn't find an excuse not to look into it and that my own ignorance was clearly now a hindrance. I can't say that my belief in atheism is necessarily true either, but its just where I am. I've sorted of stopped beliving I can know the "truth" enough to be sure, but I will probably revisit the idea sooner or later.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
"something else". As an Atheist researching Islam, this doesn't really apply- but I feel the need to understand Islam as it keeps coming up so many times in conversations on here. I couldn't find an excuse not to look into it and that my own ignorance was clearly now a hindrance. I can't say that my belief in atheism is necessarily true either, but its just where I am. I've sorted of stopped beliving I can know the "truth" enough to be sure, but I will probably revisit the idea sooner or later.

I hope you find what you are looking for :)

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Because I think it is the truth
Because I think it looks cool /ego/
other
/something else, is all the other factors that would affect a choice like religious adherence.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Important notes:
If you wish to debate, debate only the reasons others mention. Please, don't debate specific religions based on the reason(s) given. You also don't need to mention your religion if it is not specified under your avatar.
Peace be on you.
I believe (and humbly try to practice) mine as it is -- not only the comprehensive truth but the promised truth, which provides peace with Allah the Exalted, His creation and self.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I picked multiple options. The external image is important to my religion, there's simply no denying it. I started on the left hand path because I was bullied and felt inferior, and I liked the fear and power. However, this has taken more and more of a backseat as I've matured in both mundane and magical ways. Next up I like what the religion has to offer. Self power, knowledge, more mystical skills such as greater intuition or synchronicity, and so on. Finally, I do believe it to be the truth. While I know experience can't be used scientifically in this case, I still know with certainty that I've interacted with what we call gods, such as Thoth, Set, Horus, Lilith, Nyarlathotep, and so on. I don't expect others to accept my word, but it would be dishonest for me myself to not believe.