• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you feel unworthy to be saved?

InChrist

Free4ever
I think the people whose god isn't authority based but equal based would feel they still have their effort to be with god but not to the point they "earn their way" to god. I find that dichotomy: if you're not for god you for yourself very misdirected.

You can have all that by god teaching you not to fall off the boat. I honestly don't make this to sound mean, but why jump off the boat for god to save you when you can stay in the boat for god to teach you?

How is staying in the boat "man earning his way" to god?

One is seeing the glass half empty (savior) and the other glass half full (teacher).

My perspective is that the Creator God who made the heavens and the earth and all life is in the position of authority. This is simple reality.

Humans have all already jumped out of the boat and refused God’s teaching by sinning against Him.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
My perspective is that the Creator God who made the heavens and the earth and all life is in the position of authority. This is simple reality.

Humans have all already jumped out of the boat and refused God’s teaching by sinning against Him.

Compared, how would it make less sense that humans stayed in the boat to teach humans how to swim?

I get the logic of your view. Can you counter it?

Audie

Veteran Member
Not so. Jesus saves one from self-destruction and offers eternal life.

That is battered wife syndromee.
Very few are able to break free from blaming
themselves, nor will you.

"Follow my rules or I will throw you in
a fire."

You call that Saviour, I call it Psycho.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
more like.....the rules insure peace in heaven

not able to follow?

seek mercy

to proud to ask?

oh damn

InChrist

Free4ever
That is battered wife syndromee.
Very few are able to break free from blaming
themselves, nor will you.

"Follow my rules or I will throw you in
a fire."

You call that Saviour, I call it Psycho.
I do not believe you comprehend the good news of the gospel at all. There is not the slightest correlation to a battered wife syndrome, except possibly the idea that a person has unwittingly gotten themself into a relationship or put themselves under the power of a controlling abuser or slave master, then someone comes along and helps, encourages them to clearly see the situation, uses their resources and strength to set the abused one free.

Jesus came to set captives free.
A Savior who is Christ the Lord.

InChrist

Free4ever
Compared, how would it make less sense that humans stayed in the boat to teach humans how to swim?

I get the logic of your view. Can you counter it?
I don’t think a person who refuses to listen, follow instruction or be taught can be taught to swim or anything else.

Audie

Veteran Member
M
I do not

believe you comprehend the good news of the gospel at all. There is not the slightest correlation to a battered wife syndrome, except possibly the idea that a person has unwittingly gotten themself into a relationship or put themselves under the power of a controlling abuser or slave master, then someone comes along and helps, encourages them to clearly see the situation, uses their resources and strength to set the abused one free.

Jesus came to set captives free.
A Savior who is Christ the Lord.

Far from making the tiniest effort to
comprehend what I am saying you just
start chanting your cult's mantra.

Audie

Veteran Member
Like anyone could possibly live in the US without hearing
this "good news"over and over and over and ovet and over
and over!!!!!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don’t think a person who refuses to listen, follow instruction or be taught can be taught to swim or anything else.

I don't understand. If someone is in the boat and taught these things, he wouldn't need to be saved. He will have god without the need of salvation.

Many christians feel they need to jump out of the boat to learn about drowning/sin in order to value and be taught salvation.

While the latter makes sense logically, why is the former at fault?

InChrist

Free4ever
You cultists sure demonstrate that.
So instead of even considering my point of view or an alternative perspective you simply throw out the derogatory term “cultist”. Great example of disrespect and an excellent way to end the conversation, if there really was one to start with. Most of your comments seem to be no more than sarcasm or put downs.

InChrist

Free4ever
You cultists sure demonstrate that.
So instead of even considering my point of view or an alternative perspective you simply throw out the derogatory term “cultist”. Great example of disrespect and an excellent way to end the conversation, if there really was one to start with. I’ve noticed most of your comments seem to be no more than sarcasm or put downs.

InChrist

Free4ever
I don't understand. If someone is in the boat and taught these things, he wouldn't need to be saved. He will have god without the need of salvation.

Many christians feel they need to jump out of the boat to learn about drowning/sin in order to value and be taught salvation.

While the latter makes sense logically, why is the former at fault?
I don’t know any Christians that feel they need to jump out of the boat to learn about sin and such an idea makes no sense in light of the scriptures which clearly state everyone is born with a sinful nature and soon begin to sin which separates one from God. So the perspective revealed by God to humanity in the scriptures is that everyone is already out of the boat, out of relationship with God and drowning in sin needing a Savior to reach down and rescue before death engulfs them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don’t know any Christians that feel they need to jump out of the boat to learn about sin and such an idea makes no sense in light of the scriptures which clearly state everyone is born with a sinful nature and soon begin to sin which separates one from God. So the perspective revealed by God to humanity in the scriptures is that everyone is already out of the boat, out of relationship with God and drowning in sin needing a Savior to reach down and rescue before death engulfs them.

Hm. I guess I should change it, now that I think of it. If you were already drowning, why would this be better than originally born in the boat rather than the water?

Why would it not make sense to start in the boat and let god guide you rather than being born drowning to let god save you?

InChrist

Free4ever
Hm. I guess I should change it, now that I think of it. If you were already drowning, why would this be better than originally born in the boat rather than the water?

Why would it not make sense to start in the boat and let god guide you rather than being born drowning to let god save you?
It would make sense to start in the boat and let God guide, which exactly how it was according to the scriptures for Adam and Eve. They could have continued to trust God’s wisdom and let God guide them , but instead rebelled, jumped ship and impacted all humanity with sin, therefore all humanity has needed a Savior since.

Audie

Veteran Member
So instead of even considering my point of view or an alternative perspective you simply throw out the derogatory term “cultist”. Great example of disrespect and an excellent way to end the conversation, if there really was one to start with. I’ve noticed most of your comments seem to be no more than sarcasm or put downs.
Noting you killed your grab for the high ground with your last sentence.