• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you dislike Islam?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, these are governments not Islam. These are how these governments operate.
These are governments of Muslim majority countries. So far, just like Marxism, liberal versions of Islamic politics have failed to make headway against conservative political Islam whose votaries either directly rule these countries or support the people who do. Thus the question of whether it is possible to sustain a progressive modern state in a Muslim majority country without it being overwhelmed by conservative regressive movements remains the most important and yet unanswered question.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Well, these are governments not Islam. These are how these governments operate.
That is a lousy excuse. Are we truly expected to simply pretend not to see the strong correlation between Islaamic inspiration, made explicit to various degrees by at least a few dozen governments and well over a millenium of history, and the terrible condition of their communities?

Were that the intent, one could legitimally ask whether there is a point in even learning about Islaam, since it seems doomed to be destructive when it is actually pursued.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Meanwhile in the so called democratic and free spirited West:

curb your enthusiasm, dahlin! :D
Just so you know, I do not care for you tube videos. I am a scientist and what I prefer is large scale data and statistics of mean, trends, deviations etc. These kinds of you tube videos are garbage.

idav

Being
Premium Member
There is so little I find appealing in Islam that it is hard to pick a favorite bug-a-boo. I guess my first point, and though it is not exclusive, Islam currently seems to encourage fanatical belief.
Thing is, it's an ideolization of the messenger, Muhamed did not exemplify the teaching of Jesus. Abraham had a whole ancestry off of adultery according to the book bible, but conveniently in the Quran Abraham simply had the two wives. The Quran 'Islam washes' the OT to get rid of any pressing questions. I don't believe for one second Muhammed was illiterate, his wife was a scholar, they knew exactly what to say.

Mohsen

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
@Mohsen : I appreciate your sense of humor, but it is to no one's benefit that Islaam is such a hinder to knowledge and advancement.

I did find your post funny considering I had posted this on the previous page,

here is the link: Why do you dislike Islam?
Nope. You are showing how you actually don't know much at all. Modern day Muslims have not forgotten the traditions they revived during the time Europeans had self termed "The Dark Ages". Who said the Muslim Golden Age is over?

Were you not aware of the likes of Pakistani Physicist and Nobel Prize winner, Abdus Salaam? Or how about Iranian Physicists, Ali Javan and Mahmoud Hessaby? or Munir Nafyeh - the Palestinian Particle Physicist?, or Mathematician Masatoshi Gunduz Ikeda? Cahit Arf? Anyone? damn... let's move to another field, like Muhammad Yunus, another Nobel Prize winner, and pioneering inventor of Micro-finance? how about Aktar Hameed Khan the Pioneer of Micro-Credit? you really think the mathematicians and scientists are done with in the Muslim world? I have a massively long list of names I can drop here to quell your ignorance on such matters.

peace

here is the link: Why do you dislike Islam?

however, I appreciate that you also appreciate ;)

Peace

Mohsen

Thing is, it's an ideolization of the messenger, Muhamed did not exemplify the teaching of Jesus. Abraham had a whole ancestry off of adultery according to the book bible, but conveniently in the Quran Abraham simply had the two wives. The Quran 'Islam washes' the OT to get rid of any pressing questions. I don't believe for one second Muhammed was illiterate, his wife was a scholar, they knew exactly what to say.

Go read Jeremiah 8:8 (...when the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely...) and you will see that the OT thus, discredits itself. The Qur'an sets the record straight. And that's just how it is. Meanwhile, the Qur'an is the preserved word of God, and it remains the same letter for letter even after 14 centuries have passed - the promise is thus, still extant and remaining fulfilled: We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). Qur'an 15:9

Peace

Mohsen

Just so you know, I do not care for you tube videos. I am a scientist and what I prefer is large scale data and statistics of mean, trends, deviations etc. These kinds of you tube videos are garbage.
Just so you know, I do not care for claims I cannot verify, such as you claiming to be a scientist ;)and when it comes to empirically testing the claim of another? - oh the irony. Very linear minded of you, I must say. And that's no compliment. If what you say is true, you make a bad scientist!

Peace

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Just so you know, I do not care for claims I cannot verify, such as you claiming to be a scientist ;)

Peace
Which is not required for this discussion. If we discuss science ever, you can decide for yourself. Meanwhile, I did get data on acceptance of interfaith marriage in Middle East and Sub Saharan Africa. That, and given Quran's injunction against interfaith marriage do you accept a Muslim woman or man's right to choose his or her partner regardless of which faith they may be without requiring conversion?
gsi2-chp6-10.png

idav

Being
Premium Member
Go read Jeremiah 8:8 (...when the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely...) and you will see that the OT thus, discredits itself. The Qur'an sets the record straight. And that's just how it is. Meanwhile, the Qur'an is the preserved word of God, and it remains the same letter for letter even after 14 centuries have passed - the promise is thus, still extant and remaining fulfilled: We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). Qur'an 15:9

Peace
You think the Quran is the 100% infallible word of god?

Mohsen

Which is not required for this discussion. If we discuss science ever, you can decide for yourself. Meanwhile, I did get data on acceptance of interfaith marriage in Middle East and Sub Saharan Africa. That, and given Quran's injunction against interfaith marriage do you accept a Muslim woman or man's right to choose his or her partner regardless of which faith they may be without requiring conversion?
gsi2-chp6-10.png

You're not doing this right. Those are nations cited and not religions in your copy pasta pic ;) I really don't believe you are a scientist now. Any scientist would know how to make a sample study, and you just bodged yours up massively.

Peace

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You're not doing this right. Those are nations cited and not religions in your copy pasta pic ;) I really don't believe you are a scientist now. Any scientist would know how to make a sample study, and you just bodged yours up massively.

Peace
Please read the header and footnote on the chart again, carefully.
I will accept your honorable retraction.

Mohsen

Please read the header and footnote on the chart again, carefully.
I think you're a few pennies short of a pound, quite frankly.

The Title reads "Comfort level of son or daughter marrying a Christian" - no where does it mention "Muslim son or daughter". And the citable stats were from nations not religious groups either. You failed, bigtime... naughty step, no tea for you. ;) Pseudo Scientist!

I will accept your honorable retraction.

Hubris!!! :D you really are full of it aren't ya? Listen, next time you attempt to present a "sample study" make sure you do it right ;)

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
What baffles me about Islam is the way its followers were and still are taken in by this deception.

Surely modern educated people should be able to see that all gods but especially Allah were tools used by tyrants that wanted to control the thoughts and minds of their followers.

If you can convince your followers that it is great honour, which will be greatly rewarded in heaven, to die in battle you have an invincible army at your command.

That is your perception. I'm a masters degree recipient so are you saying I'm a fool for believing in God?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you're a few pennies short of a pound, quite frankly.

The Title reads "Comfort level of son or daughter marrying a Christian" - no where does it mention "Muslim son or daughter". And the citable stats were from nations not religious groups either. You failed, bigtime... naughty step, no tea for you. ;) Pseudo Scientist!
You certainly have difficulty reading. Just below the title it says

%of Muslims who say they would be very/somewhat comfortable.

Where is the ambiguity here?

Mohsen

in five provinces only? a province is not a nation - it's a region within a nation :D you really this ignorant to cite such subjective dribble as your proof? really? Please try and be objective in future, and not play to your whimsical bias again. ;)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
in five provinces only? a province is not a nation - it's a region within a nation :D you really this ignorant to cite such subjective dribble as your proof? really? Please try and be objective in future, and not play to your whimsical bias again. ;)

Seriously dude, that's the footnote for Thailand only.

Are you reading this on a teeny tiny phone screen or something?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Where is the ambiguity here?
It's a pretty standard tactic that I've seen employed on countless occasions. The irony of not accepting the numbers is both sad and amusing at the same time. With @Mohsen reassuring us it is all just drivel how could anyone in their right might think that such a prestigious and unbiased group such as PEW be even remotely accurate?

@Mohsen Numbers don't lie but people have a tendency to avoid the truth when it does not sync with the foibles of their understanding.