• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you dislike Islam?

I do agree about the taqiyah part especially. It is indeed a Shia concept and given the fact that the Muslim world is overwhelmingly Sunni should give people the idea that this is not a prevalent idea overall. Given the antipathy between Sunni and Shia one can appreciate why the Shia felt a need to cloak their true beliefs around Sunni Muslims however.

It is also a Sunni concept, although more limited. Something pretty much identical exists in Judaism also.

To be honest something similar exists in most ethical codes: 'It's ok to lie under duress'.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
It is also a Sunni concept, although more limited. Something pretty much identical exists in Judaism also.

To be honest something similar exists in most ethical codes: 'It's ok to lie under duress'.
Agree, as usual.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is denial of a particular event racist ? OR questioning a particular event ?
That, of course, depends on the event and on the specific denial and questioning. There is no accurate blanket answer.

Maybe we could go back to the subject matter that I discussed in posts #722-#744 eventually?

You people keep talking about racism as if it were connected to that. It is not.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
That's no fun :(

You should curse me for being a lying liar and to stop the lying lies coming out of my lying mouth.

Then say something derogatory about the rafida.

You're just a kaffir and everything you learnt is from some kaffir or other, who may or may not have existed because we can't prove the etymologies of the words he used. All the dam kuffar like to make stuff up that they stole from the believers.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I agree that nobody is born a racist, as race is a concept that has to be learned.

We are born susceptible to in/out group dynamics though, and racism is often a manifestation of this.

Right. From a scientific standpoint race is arbitrary. A social construct. Humans are of the same species however we categorize ourselves via groups. Early Europeans have constructed this nonsense and now we fill out forms from universities to jobs about what "race" we are. God has made humanity a diverse species for a reason. Yes we vary in social culture but hatred in the extreme form whether religious or otherwise is taught, Islam or at least the teachings is not immune unfortunately. Because humans are traching other susceptible people forms of hate. You cannot look at news or various outlets to think "hey this is Islam!" True Muslims that I know or believe to know are in the mosque begging for God's forgiveness just as the Jew, just as the Christian, just as the Hindu or the Zoroastrian or just like me. We all need to come to a common ground that we humans differ in beliefs but what one does is not the summation of another. That is actually what Islam taught or teaches....

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Repudiation of Islaam is not racism, though.

No it isn't. But as expressed in society a lot of times people are ignorant. The prime example is 9/11 and how Sikhs were attacked because people did not know the Sikh tradition of dress. They see a brown man with a head dress they attack. That is my point.

MohammadPali

You're just a kaffir and everything you learnt is from some kaffir or other, who may or may not have existed because we can't prove the etymologies of the words he used. All the dam kuffar like to make stuff up that they stole from the believers.

Do you eat meat and cheese together?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
It is not my fault that you are elaborating from a false premise and ignoring what I actually said.

elaborating from what false premise? Ignorance is ignorance. People are taught ignorance nothing more...nothing less.

Tell me ultimately what you're trying to convey?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No it isn't. But as expressed in society a lot of times people are ignorant. The prime example is 9/11 and how Sikhs were attacked because people did not know the Sikh tradition of dress. They see a brown man with a head dress they attack. That is my point.
A fair point it is. But it is still very much unrelated to the matter that we were talking about in #722-#744.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't single out Islam for my scorn.
Many religions have that dishonor.
But in the news.....
Egypt "hunting down" gays, conducting forced anal exams - Amnesty
“Forced anal examinations are abhorrent and amount to torture. The Egyptian authorities have an appalling track record of using invasive physical tests which amount to torture against detainees in their custody. All plans to carry out such tests on these men must be stopped immediately.”

Egypt’s Muslim religious establishment is voicing its support for the government’s moves against homosexuals.

“Al Azhar will stand against calls for sexual perversion the same way it has stood against extremist groups,” a preacher at the 1,000-year-old seat of Sunni Muslim learning said in his Friday prayers sermon.

Although homosexuality is not specifically outlawed in Egypt, it is a conservative society and discrimination is rife. Gay men are frequently arrested and typically charged with debauchery, immorality or blasphemy.