• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you dislike Islam?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sad reality of life is whenever you're a minority often times you are mistreated because...well...you're a minority with limited power.
Yes. The state of mind of a society is best revealed by how well or poorly it treats its minority and disadvantaged population. Of course every country and society is culpable and flawed to various degrees on this matter.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I assess the current impact of Islam in the world by what Muslims do... or more accurately the state of society and life and freedoms in Islamic majority countries.

Actually if Muslims follow Islam then there should be one leader and one state,
that should happen as foretold by the prophet.

The prophet foretold that Muslims will be the weakest near the end times, their
leaders will be oppressors and they will have no freedom, the caliphate will be lost
and it'll be divided into states, the prophet said that Islam with the power of God will return as one state and one leader, also during that time Israel will be controlling
Jerusalem before being liberated by the Muslims.

Actually the recent situation in the Muslim world proves that the prophet was telling the truth and not a claim, you may close your mind but
that won't help you, it's your life and it's up to you for what you want to believe.

Last edited:

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually if Muslims follow Islam then there should be one leader and one state,
that should happen as foretold by the prophet.

The prophet foretold that Muslims will be the weakest near the end times, their
leaders will be oppressors and they will have no freedom, the caliphate will be lost
and it'll be divided into states, the prophet said that Islam with the power of God will return as one state and one leader, also during that time Israel will be controlling
Jerusalem before being liberated by the Muslims.

Actually the recent situation in the Muslim world proves that the prophet was telling the truth and not a claim, you may close your mind but
that won't help you, it's your life and it's up to you for what you want to believe.
Whatever.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
First of all, you can not separate Muslims from the Q'uran, both go hand in hand.

It was made mention, that Christians have as much blood on their hands as anyone.

Which Christians are you referring to?

If a person looks around the world, Muslims are causing more Terrorist around the world than anyone else.

When a Muslim enters another country, they think that Country should bow to them, and go Muslim sharia law.

It's like every thing they are defended by. Well if Muslims do not like how people live in another country, no one's holding them to stay.its all about control and conquer to Muslims.
And yes if you want to know I have read the Q'uran many times.
It may not seem right to you, Muslims do live by the Q'uran. And by the q'uran Muslims are permitted to deceive and lie to gain control over what their prophet Muhammad calls infidel's.
They are to become friends,until the month of jihada which is the month of June and then kill the infidels.

Show me as to where in bible of the New Testament that Christ Jesus or any of the disciples tells Christians to go out and kill innocent people as do Muslims, cutting off people heads.and in the raping of young girls and the brutality of women. As do Muslims. This is what the Muslims prophet muhammad teaches in the Q'uran.

So when you ask, why do you dislike Islam.
The best way to answer this, Let the evidence speak for it's self.
Who was it that ramed the Jet planes into the Twin Towers in NYC ?
Who is it that takes innocent people and beheads them?
Who is it that takes innocent people as hostages?
Who is it that demands the countries they go into to bow to them and their Sharia law?

If you figure out, who they are, then you will have your answer to, Why do you dislike Islam.
By Nature I am a peaceful person, but if they try to push their agenda this way.i will defend myself and my Country.
This is one of the many reasons why Trump was elected as President.
Not to let no one walk No More on us American people No More.

If you're going to make this comment address it to me....

Did you even read my posts concerning Shari'ah Law? No, you didn't. Most likely you skimmed the discussion to post this drivel. Okay I get it that you dislike Islam because of some individual terrorists nd then you additionally made the disdain of Islam because of beheadings etc...I don't see how you equate terrorist with 1.5 billion Muslims as if the rest of the Muslims are also like that. As mentioned before the Shari'ah law code is a complex system that requires careful study by scholars. It is not easily implemented as armchair scholars like yourself. There are differing rules regarding how punishment is carried out and it is simply not cut and dry. Since you are so fixated on punishment let us look at it this way. When a person is punished let's say for stealing, there are scholars like judges that examine the nature of the crime and I'm sure the defendant would declare a reason why the judges examine all factors including Quranic doctrine and I'm sure Islamic Jurisprudence comes into play and what the various schools of thought consider the nature of stealing and punishment. For some the judge may say "don't steal again," they don't simply just cut off your hand. Now grant it, this may happen in Saudi Arabia but their interpretation of punishment differs from other Muslim countries. Muslim countries are not homogenous. Their are different interpretations of Shari'ah Law. BTW Shari'ah Law only applies to Muslim, if you are Jewish and you live in a Muslim dominated country you are judged by your own laws with the exception of the laws of the land that all citizens must abide by. Sheesh man you need to study more. Then you have the nerve to mention that orange monkey Trump wwho is a bigoted racist chump ho couldn't even find his limousine coming off Air force one....LOL

QuestioningMind

Actually Christianity has not matured much if that was true the KKK, Aryan Nation, Hitler, White Nationalism under the guise of Christianity would not exist. Not to mention the IRA, Templars, and the like.... During the middle ages while Christianity was in the dark ages and many Christians didn't know how to take a bath it was the North African Moors (Muslims) who taught their European counterparts how to use soap. I think the maturity growth you're referring to are the corrupt governments in the middle east, not to mention the fanatics.

I certainly can't argue that Christianity still has a great deal of maturing to do, as evidenced by the KKK and White Christian Nationalists. At the same time I think that radical elements are a bit more prevalent among followers of Islam at this point in history. And there can be little doubt that a significant reason that Muslims tend to have more radical elements is a direct result of Western meddling in the governments of majority Muslim nations. Far too often it has enabled radical factions as well as governments to distort the Islamic message for political gain.

You're absolutely correct that Muslims excelled in science during the Dark Ages, while Christians generally wallowed in ignorance. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case in the modern age.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Whew! I am happy to know that you believe that the law should have a secular foundation, and do not believe, as the majority of Muslims do, that Apostasy should be a punishable crime. You are a moral person for that belief.

I've considered your source but I'm also curious where these people were polled. It is easily to skew polls in favor of what you think you'll find so I'm more interested in the details of these polls besides the regions of the people they polled. What are their education levels, what is their income, what is their political status etc. these things make a difference in the opinions of people.

The reason I mentioned this polling is that the majority of Muslims seem to think there should be legal punishment for non-harmful sexual actions and apostasy. I think that is bad, and to have such a consensus is kind of shameful. Something in the ideas of Islam or its culture produces these opinions, and I feel like your unable to deal with this problem directly. Instead, it's a deflection to academic interpretations and accusations of ignorance.

The methodology and results of the PEW research center are well respected. . . And you can choose to question inconvenient data and deflect away from those results, but it should give you pause as you continue to defend. Remember, in the OP, you asked what problems people have with Islam. I gave you. good answer that you haven't yet addressed directly.

Instead of accepting the fact that Shari'ah is more about punishment you continue to emphasize it even when the link I provided has validated what I stated, so yes you are still ignorant of Shari'ah Law.

Your link didn't validate or explain anything. Explain to me how it does.

I also don't understand why you keep explaining that Sharia law contains more than punishments, as if I wouldn't know that. Of course it does. . .

But . . . Yes, it also has these terrible punishments for stuff that should not be a crime, and despite the academic interpretations of your various schools of thought, the majority of Muslims polled seem wholly ignorant of those academic arguments you keep name dropping. They are advocating for immoral punishments and I'm asking you to address it as a problem with Islam.

If you would like to admit that majority of Muslims have an incorrect interpretation of their faith, and all of them have this crucial issue of punishment wrong, then say that.

If I'm truly ignorant of Sharia law's actual application, then so are most Muslims. Right?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Did you even read my posts concerning Shari'ah Law? No, you didn't. Most likely you skimmed the discussion to post this drivel. Okay I get it that you dislike Islam because of some individual terrorists nd then you additionally made the disdain of Islam because of beheadings etc...I don't see how you equate terrorist with 1.5 billion Muslims as if the rest of the Muslims are also like that. As mentioned before the Shari'ah law code is a complex system that requires careful study by scholars. It is not easily implemented as armchair scholars like yourself. There are differing rules regarding how punishment is carried out and it is simply not cut and dry. Since you are so fixated on punishment let us look at it this way. When a person is punished let's say for stealing, there are scholars like judges that examine the nature of the crime and I'm sure the defendant would declare a reason why the judges examine all factors including Quranic doctrine and I'm sure Islamic Jurisprudence comes into play and what the various schools of thought consider the nature of stealing and punishment. For some the judge may say "don't steal again," they don't simply just cut off your hand. Now grant it, this may happen in Saudi Arabia but their interpretation of punishment differs from other Muslim countries. Muslim countries are not homogenous. Their are different interpretations of Shari'ah Law. BTW Shari'ah Law only applies to Muslim, if you are Jewish and you live in a Muslim dominated country you are judged by your own laws with the exception of the laws of the land that all citizens must abide by. Sheesh man you need to study more. Then you have the nerve to mention that orange monkey Trump wwho is a bigoted racist chump ho couldn't even find his limousine coming off Air force one....LOL
A significant fraction, maybe a majority, of Muslims do not agree with you. As @Kuzcotopia has said, the problem here is regarding what Muslims actually believe what Islamic law entails on the ground. From the survey,

1)Majority of Muslims in South Asia, South East Asia and Sub Saharan Africa believe Sharia should be the law of the land.

gsi2-chp1-3.png

More religious Muslims favor more
gsi2-chp1-4.png

Now consider how many of these Muslims believe stoning is the appropriate punishment for adultery
gsi2-chp1-8.png

And believe that death penalty is the correct punishment for anyone who converts from Islam

gsi2-chp1-9.png

Do you not consider the preponderance of such views among Muslims concerning?

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
You live right next door to me this whole time and haven't come to visit even once.
Well what do you expect when you call yourself 'tumah'?

Unsurprisingly, I haven't many guests either.

Last edited:

Mohsen

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
That's all pretty horrible.

It's basically claiming that non-believers are not rational and any discourse between believers and non-believers is pointless.
If that were the case, I'd not be here would I?

In context, the verses apply to those who have stubbornly closed their hearts to and minds and are adamant in their disbelief !

Peace

Mohsen

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
It is as you claim it is? Duh.
If you wish to discuss Hinduism and India further, please start a new thread. Off topic here.
You bought it up lol, and now when it becomes uncomfortable - exit strategy?

Interesting

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
A significant fraction, maybe a majority, of Muslims do not agree with you. As @Kuzcotopia has said, the problem here is regarding what Muslims actually believe what Islamic law entails on the ground. From the survey,

1)Majority of Muslims in South Asia, South East Asia and Sub Saharan Africa believe Sharia should be the law of the land.

gsi2-chp1-3.png

More religious Muslims favor more
gsi2-chp1-4.png

Now consider how many of these Muslims believe stoning is the appropriate punishment for adultery
gsi2-chp1-8.png

And believe that death penalty is the correct punishment for anyone who converts from Islam

gsi2-chp1-9.png

Do you not consider the preponderance of such views among Muslims concerning?

The punishment for adultery isn't stoning and also it's very hard to accuse
someone of doing it while 4 witnesses are needed and that is impossible
as adultery is done in close doors or in the hide.

That being said, the sharia law is sophisticated and not as easy as you think
of it, it's flexible and you can't judge it while having no knowledge about it.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I was basing my view on some writings from the kalam.

For Sure you have read Sunni Kalam.
This is one of the issues of debate between the Sunnis and the Shiites..
Try to read some Shia Kalam books..
Here are many shia books:
Free Islamic Books by Scholars. Browse 1700+ resources | Al-Islam.org

p.s.

just found this article from the same site..
i have only looked at it. it seems to reflect the shia view well, as we have many hadiths talking about the middle way..

The Issue of Predestination and Free Will

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

As to where do you get that Trump is bigoted racist, just because Trump is sworn in to protect the American people from Terrorist , if it takes building a wall to protect our country, then I am for it.

Trump didn't become President of our country of his own doings, it taken the American people to vote him into that office.
Further more I have seen enough of what Muslims have done, if all the other Muslims do not approve of what other Muslims are doing,Then why are they not saying anything about it, or condemning those other Muslims that are making the rest of the muslims look foolish.

Why can't Islam Muslims be trusted, maybe it's because in the q'uran it promotes lieing and deceving.So how is anyone to take Muslims at their word, When the Muslims q'uran promotes lieing and deceiving.
I have read enough of the q'uran and to see how Muslims are reacting around the world in Accordance to the q'uran.

Further more, not one Muslims country said anything nor condemn Osama bin Laden, for having those Jet planes fly into the NYC Twin Towers, where's the out cry of condemning from those other Muslims for this act, which the world look at all Muslims for this Terrorist act.

Further more you ask in the thread, "Why do you dislike Islam"
You never said to address it to you. If you had want the comments address to you, then you should haved said so in your thread.
When you posted "Why do you dislike Islam"
So I gave you my answer. If you do not like what I have given, then maybe you shouldn't ask something of people that your not going to be able to handle.

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
Why can't Islam Muslims be trusted, maybe it's because in the q'uran it promotes lieing and deceving.So how is anyone to take Muslims at their word, When the Muslims q'uran promotes lieing and deceiving.
something something Romans 3:7-8 something Eusebius and Martin Luther something something beam in the eye

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.

Give me an example of Sharia law having more sophistication and flexibility that secular law.

I don't mind that you claim sophistication, but you have to explain why you think it's sophisticated, or preferable to secular laws. After all, evolution and natural selection is a sophisticated concept, but not everyone buys into it because not everyone understands it.

If you think that there is an error of understanding and ignorance, it's your responsibility to explain how, and provide specific examples.

In what instances would Sharia be preferable to secular law? In what ways is the application of Sharia law more sophisticated and flexible than secular law in those instances?

Anyone can answer.

Notanumber

A Free Man
The punishment for adultery isn't stoning and also it's very hard to accuse
someone of doing it while 4 witnesses are needed and that is impossible
as adultery is done in close doors or in the hide.

Have these experts got it wrong then?

Islam: Adultery and Stoning

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Please do cite your verses! There is a context and anthropology I think you are missing in your linear reading of it. I'm interested in what you have to cite, as I have not just read it, but I study the Qur'an.

Peace

You really have to ask? or are you just messing with me? Look, if you are serious, then I can't help you. Entertain your lop sided bias all you like. Some people are beyond hope evidently.

Oh--I have verses like 9:8 memorized, "Fight against the Jews and Christians, the unbelievers. Fight them until they are subdued and pay the Jizya (extortion tax) or become believers."

Jesus instead invites people of their free will to trust in Him, no jihad needed.