• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you come here? (To atheists)

AntEmpire

If you don't believe in god, or subscribe to a religion... why come to a religious forum to take time from your god-less life and discuss religion?

(Post Script: Ant Empire is agnostic-atheist, so yeah, not trying to be offensive, I've been asked this question (Been jumping around religious forums for a while) just wondering how you'll react, or if you will. Maybe you'd never thought about it like that..?)

dallas1125

Covert Operative
Why would you not be here? Who cares at all really. If a religious person is asking you that it is because they are scared of someone who can challenge them. Your here because it interests you, im here because it interests me.

P.S. I am religious.

dallas1125

Covert Operative
Well why would you join a Pokemon fan club if you wish Pikachu was never invented?
Somewhat different though.

Do you wish Jesus was never "invented?"

The better question is: Why would you join a pokemon fan club if you dont care about pokemon?

Because maybe the topic interests you. Maybe you see some type of art underneath the childish exterior.

outhouse

Atheistically
because I like the historical aspect.

case in point, historical jesus is much different then biblical jesus.

Its fun to learn how the bible was put together, chase possible authors down for the different books that are part of it. Find out who edited what. And find out how many decades or hundreds of years the story's were told around a campfire before they were written down.

Me I started to get into the facts of evolution thread to learn more about how man evolved. :D

Gloone

If you don't believe in god, or subscribe to a religion... why come to a religious forum to take time from your god-less life and discuss religion?
Because atheist are like the outcast to society and if their opinions are not known then they will live life as if they have accomplished nothing.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Because they have a God-shaped hole in their heart!
Kidding. :D

I guess it's because they like chatting religion. :D

Renji

I like it, I would be here because of the learning aspect of the post above.

Amen!:D Greetings from a Catholic brother!:angel2:

"RF is not a church", as they say. You do not need to be in a particular religion to join it. And, if RF is only focused on 'religious' topics, then there wouldn't be any subforums like General discussions, which involves non religious topics.Also, atheism, (although it's not a 'religion') can also be considered as a 'set' of beliefs (or disbeliefs) .Same with a religion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You don't need to be a politician to have an interest in politics. You don't need to be religious to have an interest in religion.

Renji

Credits to Quagmire for his 'The appropriate response to any "Why are [-------]s here" threads.' I'm not an atheist but I believe that thread from the forum news announcements answers the OP (or perhaps settle the issue) .

ellenjanuary

Welcome to RF, AntEmpire. :)

As for the OP, not only have we beat that horse to death; every once in a while we dig it up and beat it some more. That horse musta been Hitler in a past life or something. :D

because we get a sick satisfaction from answering the same question over and over again.

welcome.
(p.s. if you're interested in hearing a real answer to this question, look through the forum's history and find the dozens of threads started on this topic. they shouldn't be hard to find, because they all have pretty much the same title... someone with more patience might link you to them.)

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

When a large percentage of humanity believes in what seems to me the equivalent of the tooth fairy or magical pixies, I start getting interested in the motive and justification behind such widespread beliefs.

If most of the world believed in invisible dragons to the point that it influenced their politics, their morality, their core values/beliefs, and their taboos, I bet almost anyone who didn't believe in those invisible dragons would for sure be investigating the strange matter on a website to talk about the invisible dragons.

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
I thought there was going to be a keg and jello shots. WTF? Come to find out it's just a bunch of holy rollers and some atheists going back and forth on stuff I don't really understand.

Ehh, I figured I'd hang around anyway. It gets pretty funny when some theists start trying to explain 'why' evolution is a farce or how we should all change our heathen ways before gettin' thrown into hell. That always makes me laugh.