• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you choose the avatar you have?

Runt

Deut. 32.8 said:
It was assigned.
Heh, that's right, it was, wasn't it?

My avatar changes pretty regularly. Right now the reason I chose it should be fairly obvious. :rolleyes:

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
My avatar is my Dharma name. It is a goal towards which I strive; en = round, or complete; and gyo = practice.

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Mine's an old icon of my son's patron saint (St. Stephen the Great of Moldova) and one of the two saints that inspired me to investigate the Orthodox faith. I actually wanted to use an icon of my own patron saint (St. James the Persian) but I didn't have one small enough.

James

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
It's just damned cool and funny and makes me chuckles when I look at it.

Plus if you look long enough you start to feel paranoid and watched.

I ditched my good ol' Homer Simpson avatar....it was getting old.

One day I opened Microsoft Paint, and I just tried to let my emotions flow onto the virtual canvas. I really feel I captured my true inner feelings with this piece, which I have titled, "Hey hey!"

Only true art lovers, I'm sure, can appreciate my avatar for what it is. Art lovers and Simpsons lovers, that is. ;)

Yerda

Veteran Member
Mr_Spinkles said:
One day I opened Microsoft Paint, and I just tried to let my emotions flow onto the virtual canvas. I really feel I captured my true inner feelings with this piece, which I have titled, "Hey hey!"
It's beautiful Spinks.

BTW, do you know which Simpsons episode Krusty appears at Homer's door making appeal for Jewish clowns? It's a classic.

truthseekingsoul said:
BTW, do you know which Simpsons episode Krusty appears at Homer's door making appeal for Jewish clowns? It's a classic.
Does Scott know the words to the Hail Mary? ;)

Heck, I own that episode on DvD. You're right--it is a true classic. That episode has Homer singing the classic line, "I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T! I mean, S, M-A-R-T!" :biglaugh:

painted wolf-- I really like your avatar. Aww....wook at the cute wittle wolf puppy. Awwww.... :D

Pah

Uber all member
Runt said:
I will be curious to see how you will represent father's day with a dragon, Pah...
Slippers on the feet? pipe in the mouth? taking a newspaper to the bathroom?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
SK2005 said:
Did I mention that I like penguins?

:)
Susan,

I understand your love of penguins, and the choice of Avatar. However, have you ever confronted your own avatar late one evening, after one or two too many?

I have never suffered much from seasickness, but every time I see your poor penguin, two thoughts come into my mind:-
1) That poor chap must be getting awfully tired
2) I must give up drinking...............:jiggy:

Unedited

Mine's currently a screencap from the third episode of Inuyasha. I choose it because I love Inuyasha :D and because this particular cap shows the heroine Kagome in Miko robes, so it's kind of religious.