• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Care...?

Colt

The god hypothesis is neither falsifiable nor verifiable, therefore such conjecture is meaningless to me.
Its meaningless to you, if you ever find God that will change. God is experienceable but unproveable to one who is hostile towards him. Human things must be known in order to be loved but divine things must be loved in order to be known.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Colt

What faith? Faith is not truth so is a strawman

Can you tell those who threaten me and even my children with hell that they are threatening me with a myth,when i tell them they are threatening me with a 14 century poem and art they don't believe me
If I was an Atheist and secure in that belief, I wouldn't join a "religious forum" and then whine when I get pushback.

Use pepper spray against annoying religious zealots who come to your door.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I totally agree with the OP.
Religion and religious sentiment are something very private and personal. I do not care what others think of my religion (let alone of the Pelagian theology). They are entitled to say whatever they like...since my religious sentiment exists independently from others' opinions.

Furthermore, I love criticism. I like my religion to be discredited so I can put my beliefs into question.:)

Suave

Simulated character
Its meaningless to you, if you ever find God that will change. God is experienceable but unproveable to one who is hostile towards him. Human things must be known in order to be loved but divine things must be loved in order to be known.
I very much appreciate conjecture, I consider this to be the foundation for finding truths. I realize our genetic code's creator utilizes base ten math, in reference to the Wow signal of the terrestrial genetic code, this is just about all I have been able to ascertain with regard to the nature of our genetic code's creator. I'm confident the truth of life's origin is out there beyond the scope of us earthbound beings.

Last edited:

Colt

I very much appreciate conjecture, I consider this to be the foundation for finding truths. I realize our genetic code's creator utilizes base ten math, in reference to the Wow signal of the terrestrial genetic code, this is just about all I have been able to ascertain with regard to the nature of our genetic code's creator. I'm confident the truth of life's origin is out there beyond the scope of us earthbound beings.
You seem reasonable and intelligent. We could probably agree that, if there is a God, its not God that is lost?

Colt

Today is "Good Friday". Jesus decided he was going to be himself whether others like that or not. He had Liberal "spiritual truths" that he lived and taught that were to become the heritage of all religions. Someone's got to do it, truths don't get spread on their own. Thanks Jesus!

544uji.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If I was an Atheist and secure in that belief, I wouldn't join a "religious forum" and then whine when I get pushback.

And some of us want to learn so you would rather not have curiosity and advocate violence. You must be a true disciple

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I don't particularly care about the opinion of others, but I'll listen just in case they might have a valid point that I need to research and understand better.
If someone discredits my religion instead of asking questions about my beliefs, I don't see a point in arguing. Someone who doesn't know something and wants a clarification, or someone who doesn't agree with my views and can back it up with a good argument is wordy of my time and attention. People who just want to tell someone else they're wrong, are just annoying.
My life choices are not based on other people's opinions. That applies to religion and everything else. When I need help with a particular subject I try to find someone who can truly help me because they have the knowledge and the experience. For example, I'll talk to a doctor about a health issue and ask a mechanic about a problem with my car, but randomly worrying about the opinions of people who have no qualifications to even have an opinion is giving them a power they don't deserve.
Well, I know it is OT but I am very curious. And I am not bashing, but just ask for clarifications. Since you are a JW, I would like a clarification about your beliefs:

If you had a child that can only survive with a blood transfusion, would you let him die, or will you accept he gets a blood transfusion?

Ciao

- viole

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Some helpful info....
- To say "whine" is to speak of someone's temperament,
which is against the rules.
- ChristineM has personally endured a terrible assault
that couldn't have been addressed by pepper spray.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Some helpful info....
- To say "whine" is to speak of someone's temperament,
which is against the rules.
- ChristineM has personally endured a terrible assault
that couldn't have been addressed by pepper spray.

But of course he wouldn't know that so....

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Why do you care if others try to discredit your religion?
I don't. Slander the Dharma? Meh.

Do you feel you need to defend your religion to those who would discredit it?
Certainly not.

Does it matter to you what others think about your worldview or beliefs?
No.

Does it weaken or negate your worldview or beliefs or help to reaffirm them? How so?
No. Irrelevant to me.

Vee

Premium Member
Well, I know it is OT but I am very curious. And I am not bashing, but just ask for clarifications. Since you are a JW, I would like a clarification about your beliefs:

If you had a child that can only survive with a blood transfusion, would you let him die, or will you accept he gets a blood transfusion?

Ciao

- viole

That is a valid question. I don't have children and have no desire to change that, so any answer I can give you is only theoretical, but based on what if:
If I had a child old enough and mature enough to make that decision, I would let the child decide, since it would concern their life and their future. In the case of a younger child I would look for every other possibility of treatment. There are many other options today. I know of a few cases of things as complex as transplants that were successfully done without blood. People are used to do transfusions because that's the way some treatments are normally done and let's be honest, blood is a great business - you give it for free and then it's sold for a good amount of money - but there are alternatives. Why not try them first and see if they work?
Should the alternatives not work and the only thing left to do is a blood transfusion, there are other questions to ask. Is the child going to be cured or is the transfusion going to maybe just postpone the inevitable? If it's just postponing death, that would be by how long, and what kind of life would my child have? It's not black and white.
Ultimately, if it came to that, the law in France is very strict on matters that affect minors. If there is a conflict between the parents and the doctors regarding the treatment of a minor, it goes to court, so in that last case scenario, the decision wouldn't even be mine.
Medical care is a very complex subject and while it's easy to say "I would do this or I would that", I would have to be in that situation to really know what I would do. That's the most honest answer I can give you.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
That is a valid question. I don't have children and have no desire to change that, so any answer I can give you is only theoretical, but based on what if:
If I had a child old enough and mature enough to make that decision, I would let the child decide, since it would concern their life and their future. In the case of a younger child I would look for every other possibility of treatment. There are many other options today. I know of a few cases of things as complex as transplants that were successfully done without blood. People are used to do transfusions because that's the way some treatments are normally done and let's be honest, blood is a great business - you give it for free and then it's sold for a good amount of money - but there are alternatives. Why not try them first and see if they work?
Should the alternatives not work and the only thing left to do is a blood transfusion, there are other questions to ask. Is the child going to be cured or is the transfusion going to maybe just postpone the inevitable? If it's just postponing death, that would be by how long, and what kind of life would my child have? It's not black and white.
Ultimately, if it came to that, the law in France is very strict on matters that affect minors. If there is a conflict between the parents and the doctors regarding the treatment of a minor, it goes to court, so in that last case scenario, the decision wouldn't even be mine.
Medical care is a very complex subject and while it's easy to say "I would do this or I would that", I would have to be in that situation to really know what I would do. That's the most honest answer I can give you.
Yes, but suppose it is an absolute urgency for a small child, and transfusion is the only possibility before making further analysis. No time for courts, second opinions, and such. What would you do?

Ciao

- viole

Vee

Premium Member
Yes, but suppose it is an absolute urgency for a small child, and transfusion is the only possibility before making further analysis. No time for courts, second opinions, and such. What would you do?

Ciao

- viole

I'll let you know if t ever happens.