• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you believe in God?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Everyone is different, as much as their theologies, individually. Some believe because of a rational argument, some because of an emotional appeal, some because of personal experience, etc etc. This thread is to understand why as an individual, not as an institution, indoctrination or standards, although all of them would have influenced the individual, would believe in God.

As an individual, why do you believe in God?

King Phenomenon

Everyone is different, as much as their theologies, individually. Some believe because of a rational argument, some because of an emotional appeal, some because of personal experience, etc etc. This thread is to understand why as an individual, not as an institution, indoctrination or standards, although all of them would have influenced the individual, would believe in God.

My God is infinite space.
Nuff said?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Do Gods, count?

I believe in Them because I know how to experience Them, and have experienced Them.

:)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

I don't believe in God due to reasoning or science -- God can be neither proven nor disproven. But in such cases where science and reason cannot provide an answer, I feel it is appropriate to see what INTUITION has to say.

Now, I'm not putting intuition on a pedestal -- it can be wrong. But the evolution of intuition has increased the ability of our species to survive. It is a healthy and useful thing.

I intuit a Divine. I intuit it as united rather than fractured. And I intuit that this God, to whom I ascribe the title of Creator, cares about how we treat one another.

That's basically my core faith in a nutshell. But from there to the ethical monotheism of Judaism it is a few easy steps.

firedragon

Veteran Member
By calling upon them and waiting, in silence.

Im sorry. See, though I have been here for so long, I still dont look at peoples profiles. Only now I saw that you have listed yourself as pagan and druid. I think I understand what you say now.

I have a lot of questions but I wonder if this is the thread for all of that.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don't believe in God due to reasoning or science -- God can be neither proven nor disproven. But in such cases where science and reason cannot provide an answer, I feel it is appropriate to see what INTUITION has to say.

Now, I'm not putting intuition on a pedestal -- it can be wrong. But the evolution of intuition has increased the ability of our species to survive. It is a healthy and useful thing.

I intuit a Divine. I intuit it as united rather than fractured. And I intuit that this God, to whom I ascribe the title of Creator, cares about how we treat one another.

That's basically my core faith in a nutshell. But from there to the ethical monotheism of Judaism it is a few easy steps.

I really appreciate that post IndigoChild. Thank you so much. Its very interesting really.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
BTW, mangalavara means a time to celebrate. Sometimes even marriage. Is that your avatars meaning?

As I look at my avatar, I can see why you might have that impression. What I currently have as an avatar is just part of a larger picture, namely, one of monkeys and bears gathered to build the bridge for Rāma.